BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Should Brett Emerton Leave Ewood In The Summer

Well done Brett, easily our best player so far this season.

I absolutely agree with this. personally i grew to have a deep desire that Emerton would leave, he really was one of the most inefective wide players i had ever seen. However at right back he has been sensational and i have to say the upturn in form is nothing short of miraculous.

Congratulations Mr Emerton.

Considering just how good he is at RB and how bad he was at Rw it is staggering that it was not noticed before in three years and by two different managers until now.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Emerton really has been awesome this season, hes not had a bad game or even a average one. He really could turn into one of the premierships best RB's if he continues this form, some people may have underlooked his pace in the past, but I cant think of many left wingers who will outpace him this season.

Its just a shame it took 3 seasons of below par performances before Emerton found his correct position.

Ive got a feeling though if Emo does have a bad game at RB people will be on his back saying hes crap and shouldnt be playing RB and how they want Neil back in his place.

spot on fella.

Emerton for fans player of the year!

Ive got a feeling though if Emo does have a bad game at RB people will be on his back saying hes crap and shouldnt be playing RB and how they want Neil back in his place.

With his performances so far this season, he's earned the right to have a couple of bad games without critisism. Will he have one though, he's going from strength to strength.

Well done Emerton, :tu:

I'll have to find another scapegoat for our bad performances. :lol:

I absolutely agree with this. personally i grew to have a deep desire that Emerton would leave, he really was one of the most inefective wide players i had ever seen. However at right back he has been sensational and i have to say the upturn in form is nothing short of miraculous.

Congratulations Mr Emerton.

Considering just how good he is at RB and how bad he was at Rw it is staggering that it was not noticed before in three years and by two different managers until now.

I wonder if a lucrative (and no doubt bung laden ;) ) move at the end of this season might just be in his mind? <_< Anybody who plays so carelessly for 3 years and then miraculously improves beyond all recognition has got to be suspect imo. Emerton has obviously plenty of ability but in the past has shown little inclination to use it.

Emerton has gone from being the scapegoat, to being Man Of The Match in at least three games already this season. It's also nice to know that if Neill loses his place at left-back, then he won't walk straight back into the team.

Judging by the fans' attitude towards Brett yesterday, I'd say if he keeps it up he will enjoy more success at Blackburn Rovers than Lucas. For the first time in years, I can honestly say that at the moment I'm happy with our full-backs, and when Nelsen returns from injury there ain't much getting past Brad.

Emerton has gone from being the scapegoat, to being Man Of The Match in at least three games already this season. It's also nice to know that if Neill loses his place at left-back, then he won't walk straight back into the team.

Judging by the fans' attitude towards Brett yesterday, I'd say if he keeps it up he will enjoy more success at Blackburn Rovers than Lucas.

Bert for Captain. :rolleyes:

Emerton really has been awesome this season, hes not had a bad game or even a average one. He really could turn into one of the premierships best RB's if he continues this form, some people may have underlooked his pace in the past, but I cant think of many left wingers who will outpace him this season.

Its just a shame it took 3 seasons of below par performances before Emerton found his correct position.

Not forgetting Super Brad of course! ;)

I wonder if a lucrative (and no doubt bung laden ;) ) move at the end of this season might just be in his mind? <_< Anybody who plays so carelessly for 3 years and then miraculously improves beyond all recognition has got to be suspect imo. Emerton has obviously plenty of ability but in the past has shown little inclination to use it.

How cynical can you get?

I only think it's right that I too post my delight at Brett's perfromances this season.

He has been, as some have mentioned, beyond doubt our best player this season. He gives us far more going forward than Lucas ever did. He really has been a revelation this season, his attitude and determination should be applauded. At times last season the crowd really did give him some stick and he has responded like a real champion.

But let's remember it's only been 8 or so games so a couple of bad pass backs (please not Thursday) and lacks of concentration could see him back to where he started. But so far - excellent Brett, please give us all the oppotunity to write similar comments come May.

I wonder if a lucrative (and no doubt bung laden ;) ) move at the end of this season might just be in his mind? <_<

Your unbelievable!

He is played in a different position for the club for the first time in 3 years (since arriving here) and you now say he is aiming for his move away, by playing well? :blink: Always finding a negative in a positive eh? :)

Just be happy he is playing well in his 'more preferred' position...

oh and as TDI said earlier - It will be interesting to see both T4E's and Capt KAYOS's opinion after 10 games on our Bert. ;)

No, he often played as a right wing-back, which isn't the same as a conventional right back.

Yes but, RWB is closer to the duties of a RB than RM..

Emerton Happy

"I played there before with Feyenoord, ...to be honest, this season has gone well for me and I'm enjoying my football."

Edited by AussieinUk

Right wing back entails less defending than right back...usually when playing with wing backs there will be three central defenders (or a very defensive midfielder) to allow the players to go pelting forward. Emerton got plaudits at Feyenoord mainly for his attacking style. Wing backs are often noted for their explosive forward runs...Cafu, Roberto Carlos, Petrescu, Zanetti are good examples, although it is true that they are more associated with full back rather than winger positions. A right wing back is supposed to be a mix of both, they often play slightly forward of the centre backs. The reason right back is different is that he will be expected to be a part of the back four, it isn't always easy to be disciplined enough to stay with them rather than just drifting out of position.

It's a bit too soon to say whether Emerton will be our new right back but he has certainly made a great start.

Edited by FourLaneBlue

Just want to echo what has already been said, Emo has been a revalation at right back. I can't think of one better at this moment, in the Premiership!

It will be interesting to see the thoughts of Capt. Kayos, 'cos he, along with myself, was one of the first to question Emo's effectiveness (right wing).

Interesting might not be the word TDI as all I can do is echo the comments of everybody else at the moment.

He has certainly started off well with the plaudits to boot - lets hope it continues.

Thought it was great to hear the fans chanting Emerton's name yesterday and I bet he loved it too after some of the stick he's had in recent seasons. He just looks a completely different player now that the pressure of having to beat his man is taken off him

I think you'll find that I can be every bit as cynical as you can be naive Fife. ;)

I would certainly agree with you there Theno; the difference being that my naivety keeps me happy. ;) I like being happy!

Edited by Fife Rover

Thought it was great to hear the fans chanting Emerton's name yesterday and I bet he loved it too after some of the stick he's had in recent seasons. He just looks a completely different player now that the pressure of having to beat his man is taken off him

emerton is a legend, what a turn around!!!

Berty looked brilliant tonight, although why is it whenever somelike MGP has his first half decent game in over 6 months (albit against a very shoddy defence ) people are worshipping the guy, yet Emerton whos been virtually Man of the match in every game he's played this season and is improving with every match only a few people mention him again tonight.

Berty looked brilliant tonight, although why is it whenever somelike MGP has his first half decent game in over 6 months (albit against a very shoddy defence ) people are worshipping the guy, yet Emerton whos been virtually Man of the match in every game he's played this season and is improving with every match only a few people mention him again tonight.

I agree, thought he was our best player.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.