BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Should Brett Emerton Leave Ewood In The Summer

If we don't get a bid of £2million then i wouldn't sell him.

To be fair to him, when it comes around to next season i'd off load him on loan for a few months (wages covered) and see what our current situation is then take things from there. He is worth a fair bit of money and why be rash on it? He's inconsistant, but this could be a wake up call for him if it happened.

Don' forget we have Tugay finishing up next season and Sav isn't going to be far behind him, so we need more options and he's a relatively young player in our ranks it would be too harsh to sell him for less than £2 million. Besides, even though Bentley has been a wonder signing for us he has started to become a tad too complacent in the last 4-5 games, so we need to add a bit of pressure onto him to perform week in and week out.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd like to hold onto him, because he offers us another option on the right or left and with European football next season, we will need all our players. However, if his wages are huge, then there's no point having him as a squad player, because we won't be getting value for money. If some team offered £1.5 million + for him, then I could see him leaving. I still hope that he can improve under Hughes, like so many of our players have. He looks the part, but all too often he fails to deliver.

hope he does. we're gonna win the league next season regardless. i think we should buy robben as a replacement cos hes class. we shud sell bellamy and buy henry or rooney

404537[/snapback]

About time someone said that. Bellamy out, Henry and Rooney in.

'Dream on dreamer' Jeepers Eddie  - so you are happy for the 'non footballer' to amble through another 3 seasons picking up wages for doing next to nothing?  blink.gif

Some people really are blind to what is so apparently obvious - he has been given ample opportunity and has failed miserably - which is no surprise to me considering what I saw in his first season never mind since.

404395[/snapback]

good summary.

emerton is exasperating. he has all the attributes to be a top player, but isnt mentally tough enough/ bright enough to fulfil his potential.

the way he passes square or back and runs infield all the time (to save him beating his man) is reminiscent of how damian johnson was for us- any1 clambering for him to be brought back....... ?

the same people saying "keep him", are mostly the same that want pong to stay and milner to be brought in rolleyes.gif

I think i'm swimming against the current regarding Emo...

perhaps his wages are a bit too high for a squad player, but good squad

players we'll be needing for our sojourn into Europe.

UNLESS, of course he scores a hattrick vs. Japan ( cool.gif ) and has a blinder

vs. Brasil (Hey, it's possible ph34r.gif ). Then by all means to paraphrase

Gordon Gecko: SELL ! SELL ! SELL !

I guess what i'm trying to say is: Don't sell Emo just because he's been

dodgy the past 2 years, but if circumstances (WC performance) dictate a profit,

I"m sure Sparky will know what to do..

he scores a hattrick vs. Japan ( cool.gif ) and has a blinder

vs. Brasil (Hey,  it's possible  ph34r.gif ).

.. if circumstances (WC performance) dictate a profit,

I"m sure Sparky will know what to do..

404615[/snapback]

I hope everything you said comes true.. plays a blinder, then buggers off! wink.gif

Edited by AussieinUk

Agree with B/W, unless we get serious £ for him, there's no point in selling. A player with pace and strength like Emerton can always come on and make a difference, players like Jon Douglas never will.

The last few weeks makes me wonder, why the currently "unproven" Emerton gets all the stick, when MGP (with the exception of a good match against Liverpool) repeatedly creates sweet F A. (and I'm not saying I want him sold either, but he really only contributed defensively against Chelsea)

'Dream on dreamer' Jeepers Eddie  - so you are happy for the 'non footballer' to amble through another 3 seasons picking up wages for doing next to nothing?  blink.gif

Some people really are blind to what is so apparently obvious - he has been given ample opportunity and has failed miserably - which is no surprise to me considering what I saw in his first season never mind since.

404395[/snapback]

I think a lot of you are blind to what he has done that is good. He falls into a category alongside players like Bentley, Savage, Todd, Zurab, Gray, Neill and Amoruso (to name but a few) who are picked on by the board from time to time. Just as my blind optimism may be over the top those of you who think he is useless have obviously either forgotten or couldn't see the times he has come on this season and looked one like one of the few players we had who could actually move the ball forward and run at a defence.

If we can get decent money for him then I think it is right to sell him, but there is something there and we don't have a big squad or a lot of money so unless 2-3 million or more is being offered I don't see much point, and I can't see that happening.

About time someone said that. Bellamy out, Henry and Rooney in.

404543[/snapback]

I'd steer clear of Rooney, he's injury prone. He must have brittle bones, never drank his milk as a kid. Funny he didn't end up at Stanley tongue.gif

I think the most frustrating thing with Emo is that he came with such promise but he's just not delivered anything like the promise that he showed at PSV.

Shame really because we could have made a fortune selling him to Newcastle in a couple of years! tongue.gif

I think a lot of you are blind to what he has done that is good. He falls .

404626[/snapback]

I'm still trying to remember bar his first game against Wolves

He falls ... more like he fails

No picking on him - just saying he is crap - I have been saying since his first season, this guy is not a footballer.

blue/white Yesterday, 20:39 Post #33

Premier League

Group: Members

but good squad

players we'll be needing for our sojourn into Europe.

Exactly b & w that is why we need to get rid tongue.gif

Problem is - who will buy him? (... mmm maybe Big club from the midlands)

Edited by CAPT KAYOS

NO doubt he has played a part in the club's history, scoring goals, making assists, giving away possession... However, he had been given enough playing time to prove himself. UNfortunately at the present level, he doesn't have the cut to be a first team player and any offer to take him should be considered seriously... Hope he really had a great WC and attract strong interest from other clubs. biggrin.gif

Edited by emglch

• 4 months later...

Emerton really has been awesome this season, hes not had a bad game or even a average one. He really could turn into one of the premierships best RB's if he continues this form, some people may have underlooked his pace in the past, but I cant think of many left wingers who will outpace him this season.

Its just a shame it took 3 seasons of below par performances before Emerton found his correct position.

Ive got a feeling though if Emo does have a bad game at RB people will be on his back saying hes crap and shouldnt be playing RB and how they want Neil back in his place.

Well done Brett, easily our best player so far this season.

Edited by wakefieldrawks

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.