BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Home Shirt

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the quality of the Bet24 logo is anything like the away, we could have major problems...

I have also posted this on the official site to bring attention to the fans

This is a picture of my away shirt after TWO washes

1. washed on 40

2. washed inside out to prevent peeling

3. No fabric conditioner, im allergic to it!

IPB Image

Edited by wozaup

The Lonsdale Logo came off in one piece from my home shirt last season as did the red lines on the sleeves, I dont understand why the Bet24 Logo has to be a Plastic Sticker, why cant it be printed into the material ? other than cost perhaps, but surely the cost of people keep taking the shirts back compared to extra for printing into the material would be much cheaper in the long run.

Edited by mattym

The sooner this deal ends with Londsdale the better...for the fans anyway!

Agreed I have a Nephew who Supports Bolton, one who Supports Liverpool, and one who Supports Arsenal (Big Family) they are 11 & 12 and wear there Shirts everyday of the week and give them some real hammer as kids do, and they never have a problem, I wear mine once every 2 Weeks to home games and it's wrecked after 4 washes !!

Edited by mattym

The sooner this deal ends with Londsdale the better...for the fans anyway!

Doubt families would agree with you who have to pay the prices for their kids. Lonsdale is very cheap to buy and therefore making it more afordable for families. Cant see a big name sponsor like Nike or whoever doing shirts as cheap as them. So from that point of view - i think your wrong.

Doubt families would agree with you who have to pay the prices for their kids. Lonsdale is very cheap to buy and therefore making it more afordable for families. Cant see a big name sponsor like Nike or whoever doing shirts as cheap as them. So from that point of view - i think your wrong.

Fair point Hughsey. I just think though that the designs and standards of the kits under Londsdale have been appalling. Their a fashion disaster (This season looks a little better), poorly designed and fans keep complaining of the sponsors falling off the strips. Coupled with our laughable Rovers shop I just personally can't wait for a change in sponsor.

But I think parents would get annoyed if its ###### quality, if I was to buy my neice a shirt I'd rather pay that bit extra and have something that lasts...

I personally, and I'm sure I'm not the only one, have not had a single problem with and kit since the last Kappa one when the sponsor became a little loose and I then peeled the rest off.

The lonsdale shirts, which I wear to play 5 a side quite regularly, and before anyone asks, yes I do wash them every time I have played in them, and they have been fine, both home and away kits.

But it's not cheaper is it Hughesy. We change our shirts anually at a cost of £31.49 for the home shirt. I'm pretty sure most other clubs charge around £35-£40 for the shirt and change once every two seasons.

I've never had a single problem with ANY of the kits I have bought for myself over the last twelve years - nothing has ever remotely looked like peeling off and I've washed kits over and over.

My kids have 12/18 months Lonsdale home and away shirts from the first season with the manufacturer and all the badges are plastic and starting to peel off but they have been washed so many times I could hardly expect anything else.

I havent had a single problem with shirts in 20 years until this one.

Perhaps i got one that was dodgy! who knows!

thats why i brought it to the attention of the boards

I bought this on the realese date from the club shop, aint even a week old yet! and its knackered

I've just checked and the new Liverpool shirt is £39.99. That shirt has a life of 2 seasons and will probably actually last that long.

I must admit I've been quite happy with the Lonsdale shirts so far. I only lost the stripes on last years shirt after the Mrs decided to iron it (I made sure it was inside out... doh!!!!) I am a little more concerned with the Bet24 logo this time as it is a lot bigger. Mine has a fw creases in it after just 1 wash.

I wonder if Lee could update us as I was under the impression the home shirt would be £25 as it was changed annually, what happened with that agreement?? I know it was probably raised last year when the price went up but I would like to know the clubs view on this.

But it's not cheaper is it Hughesy. We change our shirts anually at a cost of £31.49 for the home shirt. I'm pretty sure most other clubs charge around £35-£40 for the shirt and change once every two seasons.

That was my arguement last year but someone presented some formula that shows us only paying a little more or less.

I'd much rather have a home shirt lasting 2 seasons than throwing £31 in the direction of sports world every year.

I'm sure the formula last season was done over 3 years.

3 x £31.49

2 x £45.00

Works out that we only pay a little more. What it fails to observe is that fact that we would have to buy a shirt in the 4th season where other teams would still be using their existing shirt. So the formula should read:

4 x £31.49 (our price)

2 x £39.99 (liverpools shirt price)

which means we are paying out and extra £45 over the 4 seasons. Doesn't seem like a cheap shirt now does it

I havent had a single problem with shirts in 20 years until this one.

Perhaps i got one that was dodgy! who knows!

thats why i brought it to the attention of the boards

I bought this on the realese date from the club shop, aint even a week old yet! and its knackered

Do you hang it to dry, or throw it in the dryer?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.