BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Pre-season

Don't forget the Reserves are playing Chorley on Saturday at Victory Park, 3pm. However it could be back down to a young side again if the older ones jet off to Holland with the Senior Squad.

Anyone coming to Chorley on Saturday can you keep the noise down as the cat's still playing up. And take care when parking next a white Ford Galaxy.

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is anybody bothering with this New Zealand friendly? I'm having second thoughts myself and I only live up the road!! :unsure:

Shame it couldn't have been more attractive opposition,cant see there being more than 5,000 on to be honest.

im not excited really either

but for £5 id rather be at ewood watching a footy game, than watching cricket or deal or no deal at home

We're not the only ones getting humbled pre-season. Mainz turned over Liverpool 5-0 last night and that IS embarassing.

Anyone know if the Aachen game is going to be webcast? That was the only good thing about Olympiakos.

No not on anywhere it seems, neither is the Rotterdam match either

Edited by wakefieldrawks

Thanks.

Olympiakos tubbed Real Socieadad 5-1 last night (the Real consolation coming deep into added time).

I doubt there will be any official news about the game- on the official site, it is talking about playing a Dutch side whereas Aachen play in the Bundesliga in Germany!

Bundesliga? Or the second division?

They've just been promoted to the BUndesliga this season.

Just got back from Chorley where we sat in the 'vip seats' a couple of seats away from Peter Enkleman.

Rovers played a young side:

Frankie Fielding, Tony Kane, Andy Taylor, Bryan Hodge, Dean Winnard, Eddie Nolan, Rostyn Griffiths, Alex Hughes (Mark's son), Jemal Johnson, Matt Berbyshire, Keith Treacy

subs: Joe Garner, Josh Swan (GK), Mark King, Ryan Woods, Gary Stopforth

Rovers won 3-1 - Derbyshire scored very early on, Chorley equalised soon after. Eddie Nolan scored from a corner. Then Johnson wrapped things up with a freekick in the second half.

They've just been promoted to the BUndesliga this season.

Just got back from Chorley where we sat in the 'vip seats' a couple of seats away from Peter Enkleman.

Rovers played a young side:

Frankie Fielding, Tony Kane, Andy Taylor, Bryan Hodge, Dean Winnard, Eddie Nolan, Rostyn Griffiths, Alex Hughes (Mark's son), Jemal Johnson, Matt Berbyshire, Keith Treacy

subs: Joe Garner, Josh Swan (GK), Mark King, Ryan Woods, Gary Stopforth

Rovers won 3-1 - Derbyshire scored very early on, Chorley equalised soon after. Eddie Nolan scored from a corner. Then Johnson wrapped things up with a freekick in the second half.

What's young Mr Hughes like?

What's young Mr Hughes like?

He played alright in centre midfield. Quite strong and fair good passing.

I don't think he's signed at the academy, just his dad decided he could play!

Rovers reserves beat Chorley three-one this afternoon at Victory Park, Chorley.Blackburn scored in the first minute with a well taken finish from from Matt Derbyshire , which was swiftly equalised by an unknown Chorley man.

The academy outfit fielded a decent side, including Jemal Johnson and Matt Derbyshire up front, Andy Taylor and Eddie Nolan at the back and I think Keith Treacey wide on left. Also including I think were Bryan Hodges and Tony Kane

After paying £6 to get through the turnstile, the first thing I noticed was the absolutely appalling state of the pitch-extremely hard, with long tufty grass and and an uneven surface all over.

This did not benefit Rovers passing style , particulary in the first half.

Rovers went ahead after about 25 minutes with a great header form a corner on the right, Nolan the scorer.

Half time was 2-1 Rovers.

A few changes were made after the break, with Jemal being replaced by Joe Garner, who had a very impressive second half.

Derbyshire then got a knock, and back came JJ to form a good looking partnership with Garner.

Indeed, after a spell of Rovers pressure, Jemal Johnson was clattered by the Chorley goalkeeper, himself a second half sub for the original and slightly overweight first choice stopper, and from the free kick Johnson cleverly clipped a low right footed shot into the bottom left corner of the Chorley net.

Glyn Hodges men were far the fitter side, and despite the rubbish playing surface, played an increasingly quick and slick passing game as the game progressed, with Chorley looking like the poor side they probably are.

Final score 3-1 to Rovers, a routine run out for the youngsters.

Thanks Clare and Ozz.

I'm interested in what you both think about Joe Garner. The lad was outstanding a couple of seasons ago, but last season looked a long way short of what's needed to make a professional footballer - at any level.

OK, or well impressed?

After paying £6 to get through the turnstile

Forgot about that!! And people moan about prices at Ewood!!

and from the free kick Johnson cleverly clipped a low right footed shot into the bottom left corner of the Chorley net.

Had a laugh about that goal - Enkleman said that if Johnson managed to get the ball below the Pontins sign on the stand behind he'd have done very well! Then he went and scored. Enkleman mustn't rate him Jemel then :D

Thanks Clare and Ozz.

I'm interested in what you both think about Joe Garner. The lad was outstanding a couple of seasons ago, but last season looked a long way short of what's needed to make a professional footballer - at any level.

OK, or well impressed?

I thought he played well Den - he only played the second half.

I think he definately has the ability/skills, where he may struggle is his size ie still a bit lightweight - but there's time to work on that.

Thanks Clare and Ozz.

OK, or well impressed?

It was the first I've seen of him Den, but in the 45 minutes he was on he was impressive-quick, looking to beat men, direct and keen to get a sniff of the target.

Couple of my photos of the match

IPB ImageIPB Image

Edited by ozziejones

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.