BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Pre-season

I can't believe that 12 chins Matteo has even got a squad number.

Has he ever been better than mediocre? The fact he's getting paid a handsome wedge for being so just rubs a cellar of salt into the wounds.

Thankfully he'll not be troubling the first eleven when the season gets underway...will he?

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice report rover6 :D

Matteo was poor against Accy so there wasn't much chance of the dolloper doing anything last night. I'd put an advert in the LET bargain basement ('owt under £100) and see if there are any takers.

Matteo was not the poorest player, I dont know why all the critism is again aimed at him. Gray and Mcevely were awful, Gray was useless going forwards constantly running into a opponent or having his own hit the ball boy competition. Rovers need to make Left back number one priority now.

Zurab was very very good, todd looked shakey as always.

Well I dont know what happened there. A lesson in football was taught to our boys. I managed to get a picture of me and Rivaldo which I am happy about and also a picture of Elmo with a rovers shirt.

Just the 11 rovers fans there however there were quite a few Olymiakos fans with drums and flares. Ground was an absolute hole however there wasa lovely stream at the back of the ground which we went in before the game.

Pictures will be available tomorrow when I return to the UK.

When is the Admiral back? We'd never get stuffed 5-0 against Brazil with him at the back, let alone Olimpiakos. I know we chopped and changed players but Hughes is right, 5-0 and completely outplayed is still an alarming result for a group of premiership players.

Surely we can try now to get rid of the players who blatantly wont help our cause this season ie Matteo, Mceveley and try to bring in players who can at least do a job.

Ryan said yesterday that he should be fit again in about 6 or 7 days.

In Lee's report on the official site,it made a notation that said Bentley came on for Savage at 46 minutes and then was replaced by Tugay at 66 minutes.For those of you who watched,is that right?Was "he's only young" Bentley that bad after 20 minutes or did Tugay just need to get minutes,too?

I think Bentley went off with an injury. He appeared to hurt his hand and went imediatly off to the changing rooms. Tugay looked truley p1ssed off warning up on the sidelines.

We got beat 5.0... :(

5-0 defeat by the Greek league and cup holders last night....baaaaaaaaaaaaawl

http://www.rovers.premiumtv.co.uk/page/New...~874142,00.html

Lets hope the next friendly is more successful!

Come on you :brfc:

i woudnt worry teams can lose every game on pre season and have a great year.if we lose 5 nil to pompy then start to panic

Why is everybody making such a big deal about this game? It's a pre-season game for crying out loud. We didn't look particularly good against Accy either.

The players aren't at full fitness, and the results are meaningless. Doncaster beat Middlesbrough, and even Bumley beat Wankies. Forget it, and move on.

Surprised we got "nil" starting with Kuqi and Jeffers up front. :blink:

On the other hand conceding five is fairly uncharateristic of the Hughes regime, whether the central pairing was Zurab and Matteo or Nelsen and Todd. Stating the bleedin' obvious here but he won't be happy with that aspect.

Did Lorenzo Amoruso suddenly make another guest appearance? :ph34r:

Not too much to worry about at this stage, but does it say anything about our strength in depth?

Does Jonathon Douglas still have a role to play with Rovers this season or will he be another of Souness' signings not up to scratch for MH?

JD is a product of our academy isn't he? Therefore not a signing!

He has been used in pre-season, he should be given a chance at least!

Modes,

I was referring to the 4 year deal he was offered by calling him a souness signing but technically you are correct.I've got nothing against the lad and would like to see him contribute this year.I recall that he didn't really impress so many at Leeds last year though.

Edited by Florida Rover

Just to remind folk that are getting upset about yesterday that Greece (most of whose squad were/are from Olympiakos) ARE the reigning European Champions.

I have faith in Sparky to get things right. Look at the ginger whinger in Scotland. Couldn't buy a goal, never mind a win preseason. First game- 4-1 win- stitch that. (OK against Kilmarnock- but a win's a win and 4 goals are- well you get the point)

Surprised we got "nil" starting with Kuqi and Jeffers up front. :blink:

On the other hand conceding five is fairly uncharateristic of the Hughes regime, whether the central pairing was Zurab and Matteo or Nelsen and Todd. Stating the bleedin' obvious here but he won't be happy with that aspect.

Did Lorenzo Amoruso suddenly make another guest appearance? :ph34r:

Not too much to worry about at this stage, but does it say anything about our strength in depth?

Yes, we usually concede 4... :ph34r:

Well, at leat the Dingles are excited about our 5-0 drubbing, a sign of our impending doom. The gap is closing. I seem to remember a 5-0 scoreline in a game that actually meant something.

Nothing to worry about, things were surely learned, and will be rectified.

Does Jonathon Douglas still have a role to play with Rovers this season or will he be another of Souness' signings not up to scratch for MH?

Mmm, seems to me there are quite a few of Souness' signings that are up to scratch. Let's see we have:- Friedal, Gray, Neill, Todd, MGP, Reid, Emerton, Tugay, did I miss any that feature regularly? Albeit they are better performers than under Graeme. DOuglas was not one of Souness' signings either he was already here I think.

here is Jordan with our new playmaker!! signed for us on saturday morning!

here is Jordan with our new playmaker!!! signed for us on saturday morning

comment from Elmo:

-I'm absolutely thrilled about signing for Blackburn Rovers, I felt the time was right for a transfer after being so loyal to Sesame street for so many years. :brfc:

and here is our dear fan of the year, Jordan, after a good night out! :tu:

Here are some more pics from our trip

EDIT: btw, I'm warning against more funny pictures of Jordan ;)

Edited by pks1984

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.