BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Pre-season

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a phone call from Orvil about 20 mins in.

Agathe started, which surprised given comments on here...

The first goal was a corker.

This is Orvil we're on about. :lol:

It's Mokoena playing at right back according to Lee

Edited by greggyk

I had a phone call from Orvil about 20 mins in.

Agathe started, which surprised given comments on here...

The first goal was a corker.

Team posted by Lee:

Friedel, Mokoena, Neill, Khizanishvili, Gray, Reid, Bentley, Savage, Pedersen, McCarthy, Roberts.

Orville drunk again?

Probably get in trouble for this, but latest from Lee:

Hughes has started making changes, and to good effect with Paul Gallagher replacing Benni McCarthy on 65 and kess than three minutes later he sets up the Gamstmeister who drills the ball home from the edge of the area to make it 3-2 to Rovers...

ROVERS: Friedel, Mokoena, Neill (sub Douglas 60 mins), Khizanishvili (sub Matteo 68 mins), Gray, Reid, Bentley, Savage (sub Peter 60 mins), Pedersen, McCarthy (sub Gallagher 65 mins), Roberts.

Subs not used: McEveley, Jeffers, Tugay, Brown.

AACHEN: Nicht, Herzig, Krontiris, Koen, Ebbers, Lehmann, Leiwakobessy, Regheckampf, Moll, Casper, Rosler (sub Dum 63 mins).

Jordan confusing the Axe and Agathe by all accounts! The Axe started at centre half.

Aachen's previous game was a 1-1 draw away at PSV.

First goal apparently a Benni volley from an MGP cross. Second, Benni muscled his way thru' to lay the ball off for Roberts to chip the keeper.

Aachen's first was a 25 yard blast from Rosli.

All from the Allemani Aachen thread on the official web site's Rovers massageboard!

Dont want to spoil everyones party about this result :D- but Alemannia Aachen site was saying that they had 8 players out injured for this game. Although how many of them were 1st teamers i dont know and we seemed to have 3 players out injured too in Todd,Emerton and Nelsen.

Well they are a Bundesliga side 7 days from their first league game so we are a week behind in terms of preparation and I think its alright, irrespective of the numbers. We have about 10 days to iron out the details.

Two things Ive noticed:

1. Tugay hasnt played too much of a role in pre-season.

2. Bentley has played central midfield in most of the games .

Also did Lucas play central defense today?

Also did Lucas play central defense today?

Lee's posting on the match report used the phrase"An uncharacteristic error from the CENTRE HALF" describing the bad guys second goal.Therefore,at some point,he played in the centre and possibly the whole game.If so,I wonder how Mokoena acquitted himself at RB?We will have to wait and see.

Match report

Edited by Florida Rover

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.