BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Pre-season

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would imagine Accrington Stanley will be on the cards. I have heard a couple of  rumors regarding the pre-season tour they are Norway and Germany.

403822[/snapback]

id have thought it would be fitting to play them ,to welcome them to the league

problem being it will be swamped by blackburn fans

Lee,

Can you use your massive influence to persuade Rovers to jet to LA in mid-July for a quick tournament w/ Barcelona, San Lorenzo of Arg. and whatever else they are looking to dredge up from the MLS? smile.gif

Please ?!?!?!? smile.gif

Edited by blue/white

I'd like to see us play a couple of Championship sides during pre-season.

A trip out to Yanky Land (not the fast food place) on tour would be nice during the summer.

I hear they may be going to Thailand to play in the tournement City and Bolton played in last year. It goes on league position and has a top prize of 1million pounds for the winner.

Surely a lot of what they do is dependent on the uefa cup place cos if we don't get it they already know they've got to play the intertoto. That'll shape the clubs planning. Personally I'd like to see them go to France as we always miss the preseasons because of our family holidays.

id have thought it would be fitting to play them ,to welcome them to the league

problem being it will be swamped by blackburn fans

I wouldn`t think that is a problem. Extra income & a large crowd for Accy Stanley pre-season. I`d bet there`d be a few Accy dingles who`d think it an opportunity for a spot of bother though.

Norway would be great - over to Bergen to play Brann, down to Stavanger for Viking and then finish in Oslo with Lyn and a reunion with Henning! ohmy.gif

Knowing Rovers they'd arrange games against Hammerfest United and Kirkenes Athletic.

403926[/snapback]

laugh.gif

I hear they may be going to Thailand to play in the tournement City and Bolton played in last year. It goes on league position and has a top prize of 1million pounds for the winner.

403882[/snapback]

officials have been looking into going to china. another possibility.

Surely we've got to go on a bit of a European tour in context of getting into the UEFA Cup? Norway and Germany would be two good places. France and Spain would be other good places to consider.

Would still like them to come to Australia, though. Melbourne please!

I would imagine Accrington Stanley will be on the cards. I have heard a couple of  rumors regarding the pre-season tour they are Norway and Germany.

403822[/snapback]

After chatting to JW on wednesday night it appears I was spot on.

After chatting to JW on wednesday night it appears I was spot on.

405292[/snapback]

Seeing as the amount of Rovers fans that would travel would probably fill the interlink stadium on their own ,would it not be a wise move to play this friendly at Ewood if it happens?

Edited by SIMON GARNERS 194

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.