BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Pre-season

accy stanley is weds 19th july @ crown ground/ interlink express stadium/ fraser eagle stadium

407278[/snapback]

BRFC shouldn't really be wasting time entertaining clubs like that. Local issues might matter to some people but clubs of similar or top quality should provide the main opposition. Like the neutral games abroad last year.

Edited by Anti-Man Utd

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Burnley play practically every year pre-season at Stanley. About 90 % of the crowd last year were Clarets, so there's no issues about allocation/segregation to worry about.

That will more then likely be a reserve team friendly wink.gif

407294[/snapback]

John Williams said we would play our big name players to attract more fans. The ground will already be took up by Rovers fans anyway.

I think i'll have to make the journey over for this one. What are the trains like near Accy?

407407[/snapback]

You can get a train from York straight to Accrington station. Its not far in a taxi to the ground. Takes about 2hrs because it is the slowest train in the world!!

Anyway, I'd love a game against Great Harwood Town...could well be a fairwell game!

None of this Accy Rubbish!!

Burnley are now playing Accrington Stanley on July 8th.

We are playing Hamburg on July 22nd and Greek champions Olympiakos on July 28th-also in Germany.

On August 12th we are at home to New Zealand. There are more fixtures to fix.(LET).

Am I hearing Norway? Great news if true, let's hope it's in the sivilized part! (nothing north of Trondheim please cool.gif )

And obviously not Bergen..

407408[/snapback]

Why not Bergen? At least they can play against a qualty team here. Makes no sense flying to Oslo playing Vålerenga, when they can take the bus and face similar opposition in Accrington Stanley... laugh.gif

Burnley are now playing Accrington Stanley on July 8th.

We are playing Hamburg on July 22nd and Greek champions Olympiakos on July 28th-also in Germany.

On August 12th we are at home to New Zealand. There are more fixtures to fix.(LET).

407535[/snapback]

Sorry found it now in the let.

Edited by Jordan

When we play Hamburg I wander whether we will be playing in the AOL Arena.

Looks nice. - 55K Capacity.

user posted image

user posted image

The local irish pub is also called..........The Irish Rover

Edited by Jordan

When we play Hamburg I wander whether we will be playing in the AOL Arena.

Has it been confirmed if the match will take place in Hamburg ? Or should we travel to the southern part of Germany where we also played some friendles in the last years ?

Why not Bergen? At least they can play against a qualty team here. Makes no sense flying to Oslo playing Vålerenga, when they can take the bus and face similar opposition in Accrington Stanley... laugh.gif

407570[/snapback]

No need for that tone, mate cool.gif

Has it been confirmed if the match will take place in Hamburg ? Or should we travel to the southern part of Germany where we also played some friendles in the last years ?

408434[/snapback]

No venues confirmed yet (hence the lack of an announcement from me!) but it will be Southern Germany/Austria for the two games.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.