BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Pre-season

Blimey, Keith Treacy played?!

Maybe he will get a run out for us at the end of the season. I've liked the reports I've read of him, will watch out for his name.

Apparently, he had one touch and that ballooned out of the stadium...

Hughes seems to like him because he got a friendly appearance last pre-season. Lee says he's more Keith Gillespie than Damien Duff.

That's not to say he's a one-trick pony like Gillespie but he relies more on his pace to get past players than skill.

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hughes seems to like him because he got a friendly appearance last pre-season. Lee says he's more Keith Gillespie than Damien Duff.

That's not to say he's a one-trick pony like Gillespie but he relies more on his pace to get past players than skill.

I'd say Keith Treacy is more like or very similar in stlye of play to the Kennedy of Wolves and ManCity fame.

But doesn't Treacy also have pretty good size? I was under the impression he was roughly 6 feet tall -- not that it changes what you said, but what I mean is that he won't be the small pacey type that are too small and not skilled enough to hack it at the Premiership level.

Thanks for locating those pics. Some very nice action shots of Reidy.

it also looked like the photog fell in love w/ Agathe as he really figured

in the frame. Particularly liked the picture of Hughsie pointing the way,

that's my screen saver this morning.

cheers

Greeting from Munich,

Good game yesterday against a very stong team. I thought Zura had a very good game and Brad was reliable as always. Talking to Perdersen and he said 'I have a half broken nose' I was going to ask what a 'half' broken nose was, but I though he may think that I was taking the ######.

NIghtmare getting to Munich. Lightening in Hudderfield meant my train was two hours last into Manchester airport however I got there in time. When I got to check in they had overbooked so I had to go Via Frankfurt only for the flight to be delayed and I missed my boarding time by half and hour. That plane was delayed though and i managed to get into Munich for about 1am...........minus my luggage which was back in Francfurt. What a nighmare.

Lee - Sorry I did not get to the train station for 11:00 I think I overdid thing on the Tequilla's and got back to the Hotel at 05:00.

Paal - Ring me when you get to Munich. You need to catch the S8 train to the Main train station (Haupbahnhoff) and I will meet you there. Hotel is a two minute walk.

Going to the Irish Bar in a bit for a bit of drinking.

Jordan

I always enjoy reading this sort of thread than the infantile puerile (NcCarthy's better than Mido) stuff which populates 75% of the transfer thread. Great to get the first hand experiences of people who were there.

From seeing snatches of the game live, my impressions were:

- Hamburg were not mucking about

- Hamburg were playing at very close to full strength at the start

- Rovers did not look pre-season rusty until the subs started

- Agathe didn't convince as a full back or wing back

Overall, I think it is excellent that Rovers have got four continental top league opponents, two of which are Champs League clubs and one went a long way in the UEFA last season. The portents are there for Rovers to be better prepared than most come the start of the season.

Makes a change from stuffing non-entitities 10-0 in the Souness days.

Greeting from Munich,

Good game yesterday against a very stong team. I thought Zura had a very good game and Brad was reliable as always. Talking to Perdersen and he said 'I have a half broken nose' I was going to ask what a 'half' broken nose was, but I though he may think that I was taking the ######.

NIghtmare getting to Munich. Lightening in Hudderfield meant my train was two hours last into Manchester airport however I got there in time. When I got to check in they had overbooked so I had to go Via Frankfurt only for the flight to be delayed and I missed my boarding time by half and hour. That plane was delayed though and i managed to get into Munich for about 1am...........minus my luggage which was back in Francfurt. What a nighmare.

Lee - Sorry I did not get to the train station for 11:00 I think I overdid thing on the Tequilla's and got back to the Hotel at 05:00.

Paal - Ring me when you get to Munich. You need to catch the S8 train to the Main train station (Haupbahnhoff) and I will meet you there. Hotel is a two minute walk.

Going to the Irish Bar in a bit for a bit of drinking.

Jordan

cheers mate! I'm in munich 4:25pm tomorrow, will give you a ring then!

As Peter is left footed wouldn't it make more sense to move MGP to the right?

MGP has proven himself on the left. Peter is still young and I'm sure he can learn to play on the right even if left footed. Of course if MGP can play better on the right, then use him there. The point I was trying to make was that I would like to see them both playing.

The point I was trying to make was that I would like to see them both playing.

me too. they'd be able to swap wings during games, like wilcox and rippers used to. i can see it working well.

Edited by pleasure

Starved of footy on the box I noticed in the paper "Channel 5 - ManUtd vs Celtic".

Just switched it on and Ferguson's taken the reserves.

Can't be bothered flicking over channels to watch that lot but if you're looking at Fletcher and O'Shea that's their first choice midfield. :)

me too. they'd be able to swap wings during games, like wilcox and rippers used to. i can see it working well.

Playing players out of position isn't always a good idea. Invariably it's the defensive side of the game that catches them out, but players can also be incredibly ineffective overall when they are swapped around like this. Souness used to do it a lot, invariably to the detriment of the Rovers play.

We've got this fabulous left midfielder. A rare diamond indeed. Let's play him on the right...

(Not that I'm saying that I don't want Peter to feature. Let's bring him in at his proper position, slowly at first, before slinging him all over the park)

Can't be bothered flicking over channels to watch that lot but if you're looking at Fletcher and O'Shea that's their first choice midfield. :)

I'd have a look if I were you Rev, these Utd kids look flamin' good. Celtic's first team appear pedestrian in comparison.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.