Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] International Call Ups

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Steady on chaps & chapesses,

You might be turning into little Sam Allerdyces here.

He's renown for signing foreign internationals & the squealing like speared pig when they go off on international duty.

You can't eat your cake and have it.

Hughes has signed some international players. They go away and play international games.

Simple.

You want Ashley Ward back?

Steady on chaps & chapesses,

You might be turning into little Sam Allerdyces here.

He's renown for signing foreign internationals & the squealing like speared pig when they go off on international duty.

You can't eat your cake and have it.

Hughes has signed some international players. They go away and play international games.

Simple.

You want Ashley Ward back?

I have to agree that when you sign foreign international players you have to factor in that there are going to be times when you are going to lose them to international duty. That is one factor that makes them cheaper than British players.

I must admit I hate Sam's complaining about just that - what does he expect?

The only time I remember having any sympathy with a manger regarding international call ups was Spurs (must be a first having sympathy for them) when Kanoute switched international allegiance to an African nation having previously when they signed him having been a French player.

• 6 months later...

Gamst got Norway a pen when they lost 2-1 at home to Bosnia's C or D team. And after getting booked in injury time he's suspended for wednesdays international match against Tugay's Turkey. Turkey won 4-1 away to Greece with Tugay watching the whole game from the bench

Gamst got Norway a pen when they lost 2-1 at home to Bosnia's C or D team. And after getting booked in injury time he's suspended for wednesdays international match against Tugay's Turkey. Turkey won 4-1 away to Greece with Tugay watching the whole game from the bench
Sounds good! There shouldn't be too much risk of him getting injured or exhausted there! :lol: Edited by Fife Rover

Gamst got Norway a pen when they lost 2-1 at home to Bosnia's C or D team.

huh? are you not ragin'? ireland march on from fortress Crooke! 1-0 against the leeks! they were singing really deep songs of sorrow in the valleys last night!

oh aye, and the irish defence had bellamy in their pocket (apart from one dodgy moment from richard dunne!)

huh? are you not ragin'? ireland march on from fortress Crooke! 1-0 against the leeks! they were singing really deep songs of sorrow in the valleys last night!

oh aye, and the irish defence had bellamy in their pocket (apart from one dodgy moment from richard dunne!)

nah, not that bothered about the norwegian national team..we're not even trying to play football atm, its HOOF HOOF HOOF...and a bit more HOOF! 13 of Bosnia's best players have signed a letter to the Bosnia FA saying that they will boycott the national team untill they see some changes in the Bosnian FA, so it was at least a B team that won against us.

We'll be needing a 100% MGP against Manyoo

got that right man! hat-trick of wonder-free-kicks!

that stinks, must be falling apart in bosnia but to lose to a b-or-worse team must suck the life outa the norwegian set-up. is Riise still involved and if so, where does he usually start, LB?

P.S. Wales stink! whoohoo!

got that right man! hat-trick of wonder-free-kicks!

that stinks, must be falling apart in bosnia but to lose to a b-or-worse team must suck the life outa the norwegian set-up. is Riise still involved and if so, where does he usually start, LB?

P.S. Wales stink! whoohoo!

yeah, we got Riise at LB and Gamst in front of him..most would have thought that they two would be a decent combination, but its not working..not that Norway are trying to get it to work either..hoof hoof

before every international match our coach, Åge Hareide, tells media that set-pieces is our strongest point and that we'll use that as our main weapon for the next match...and this of course results in Norway practicing set-pieces in about 80% of the trainings (got 20% running as well, and of course that is without footballs being involved), and finally in our internationals it ends in hoof hoof over the top of our oppositions defence and whenever we get a set-piece Gamst hits it either out of play or in the first defender at the corner kicks.. hurrah, we were once 2nd in the FIFA ranking, now we're about 50th I think..

yeah, we got Riise at LB and Gamst in front of him..most would have thought that they two would be a decent combination, but its not working..not that Norway are trying to get it to work either..hoof hoof

yeah, i would!! that sucks, you'd think the 2 of them doubling up on the left wing would pose alot of threat

Åge Hareide

is he popular in norway? likely to even get you qualified for euro '08?

yeah, i would!! that sucks, you'd think the 2 of them doubling up on the left wing would pose alot of threat

is he popular in norway? likely to even get you qualified for euro '08?

Hareide was most people's 1st choice as a new national coach when he got the job in 2004, we missed out in play-offs against Cech Republic for the 2006 world cup and if we don't win against Turkey in Frankfurt (Turkey has to play on neutral ground) on wednesday we will most likely sit out euro '08 as well.

Hareide has definately not lived up to my expectations of him, we still trying our best not to play football. We have only won 2 of the last 10 home games, and both of the victories came against Moldova :huh:

herbergeehh might have a different opinion than me though..

herbergeehh might have a different opinion than me though..

I might.

Didn't get to see the whole game due to work, but stood ringside for the last twenty minutes (I work at Ullevaal). Carew was excellent from what I've heard, and Gamst got a pretty good review too. We're missing a top goalscorer though (Solskjær being injured) and our fullbacks should not be allowed to pass anywhere but to our midfielders - it's like watching Bolton at times. We're playing a central midfielder on the right side of midfield and Gamst on the left, it doesn't really bode well for explosive runs down the wings..

Anyway, my work day kinda' took a different turn when the firealarm went off in the whole stadium, thanks for the fireworks.

We are capable, but it's impossible to predict anything. With Gamst suspended we'll probably play without wingers at all, so it's basically down to Carew or set pieces. I'm hoping that Hareide will dare to give a talented youngster like Fredheim Holm a start here, but from experience I've learned never to believe in Hareide to do what I want him to do - it's probably John Arne Riise as leftwing/star/shoot-from-every-angle-within-fifty-yards and a sh1t leftback instead.

Turkey 2 - 2 Norway

We were 2-0 up at half-time, but Turkey got back in it thanks to two massive blunders from our keeper (Myhre, the charlton 2nd choice) when he let two free-kicks slip through his hands..the 2nd goal came in the 89th min :angry:

Some excellent news though. Tugay sat on the bench all game, and is ready to outplay Man Utd at OT this weekend :) so all in all a decent outcome of the game :rover:

Edited by pks1984

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.