BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Mido - The Man Who Would Be A Lier

I just wondered if everyone was as angry as me, i mean he's blatently lied about wanting to make it work with Roma and wanted to jump straight into supposed glory with Spurs...

It seems that these days, nobody is willing to make a team big player wise by fighting to make them big on the pitch, players prefer to sign for already estabilished larger clubs...

I just feel really angry that he blatently lied to Mark Hughes about the reasons for not signing for us, and would call for him to be boo'd when he comes to play for Spurs at Ewood Park...

What does everyone think?

Edited by Rover The Moon

I care, because there are so many Spurs supporters in the south, and im rather p*ssed that people are gonna think someone would rather go to Spuds and not us :(

But they would. I can think of quite a few reasons to go to Spurs ahead of Rovers. Both in footballing terms and lifestyle terms.

I think people are rather hung up on recent perceptions of teams. Spurs have been a bit of a joke "big club" team up until recently - one we've enjoyed a lot of relative success against. But now they are really heading in the right direction under the guidance of a good manager (sound familiar?). I don't like Mido's decision but it's his decision to make and there are one or two reasons for it.

Blackburn Rovers is the centre of the universe for Blackburn Rovers fans. However, it is possible that some of the best footballers in the world today grew up as children without even knowing our name.

Agreed, sad though isnt it. It seemed to all stall when unkle Jack passed :( Still miss him now...

Maybe we should be looking for new investment such as Villa to bring in the bigger players, i dunno??

One thing i cling onto when it comes to the Mido dodgyness is he did say he wanted to stay in Italy... The least he could have done is given the real reason for not wanting to come and saved Sparky 2 weeks during the summer... Oh well :(

There are about a zillion reasons to choose Spuds over Rovers, particularly as a foreign player. Any suggestion to the contrary is absurd.

Mido was never our player and never had any obligation to Blackburn. He can tell Hughes that he wants to make it work at Roma, that he likes pasta more than pies, that he doesn't think we're a big enough club, or that he doesn't like the color of our strip. I couldn't care less. Would have been nice to have him, but we don't. No sense getting all worked up about it.

There are about a zillion reasons to choose Spuds over Rovers, particularly as a foreign player. Any suggestion to the contrary is absurd.

Mido was never our player and never had any obligation to Blackburn. He can tell Hughes that he wants to make it work at Roma, that he likes pasta more than pies, that he doesn't think we're a big enough club, or that he doesn't like the color of our strip. I couldn't care less. Would have been nice to have him, but we don't. No sense getting all worked up about it.

If he had of said that, the truth in the first place, he wouldnt have disapointed allot of fans, and would not have wasted 2 weeks of Sparky's time... Oh well

I am over it, just feel a little disapointed about where he went today thats all

If he had of said that, the truth in the first place, he wouldnt have disapointed allot of fans, and would not have wasted 2 weeks of Sparky's time... Oh well

I am over it, just feel a little disapointed about where he went today thats all

I feel a little disappointed about not having a $200m transfer budget and 55,000 butts in the stands every Saturday. Getting worked up about Mido makes just about as much sense as being worked up about that.

although we offered bellamy £65,000 per week,that was an exception.

spurs get 40,000 people in their ground every week.we struggle for 20,000.this gives them a bigger pulling power in terms of wages and transfer budget.we cant compete with that.

im not from blackburn,so would just like to ask...

am i right in believingwe used to sell out every week during 1992-1998 right.i went to some div 1 games and we got 25,000 plus.so for rovers supporters from blackburn where are the 10,000 or so people gone?

what could we realisticly do to get more people in?.

footballers are egomaniacs and wanna play in front of full houses.we cant offer that.

but still mido is a lyer and although a good player has fallen out with all most all of the managers he has played for.he had talks set up with saints a few seasons ago,and failed to show up.thats how big mido thinks he is.i would actually rather have mccarthy instead of mido,as by listening to mccarthy he already has huge respect for the club.

RTM, It's bit like Bellamy's infamous "I'm in it for the long haul" speech. Footballers, it's the way they are these days.

Shame isnt it, wish it was 1995 allover again... Except for the last day when we lost to Liverpool. lol

Indeed cos by 1996 Shearer had shaken Uncle Jacks hand (as Keane had shaken Kenny's a year earlier <_< ), told him he was definitely staying and then fcukd off to Newcastle a day or two later! :angry:

Just hired hands the lot of em.

What difference does it all make?

Had Mido said that he would not come to Blackburn because it wasn't a big enough club, instantly most Rovers supporters would be equally as angry as this apparent dishonesty.

What I suggest you, Rover The Moon, are really angry about is his right to form his own opinions.

Not having a go at you, I don't know your age, but continuing on the thread of the discussion... as you age, you notice the many irony of youth. The most obvious being that as a youth, your capacity for learning is at its greatest, but the nouse to capatilise mostly not there.

Back on the thread, the other is that youth are always protesting and asserting their right to form their own opinions... but in my experience, many young people have real problems accepting others rights to form opinions.

Just a thought of the day. Summing up, if Mido doesn't rate our club, then he is merely ignorant.

Edited by Shaddy

Thanks for the lesson dad

Seriously, who gives a flying he is only one player that publicly knocked us back, how many other players do you think have been approached only to give a response of "Blackburn who?"

Good luck to him and Spurs, with or without him they will once again fail to live up to the pre season hype and expectation

I wish our fans weren't so rediculously ignorant. It can be downright cringe worthy reading some of our opinions on our own club.

I support Blackburn Rovers. But if I was a professional footballer I'd seriously consider leaving us to join Spurs.

Why?

Bigger, better and fuller ground.

Bigger and better squad (And obviously team), with many more resources to strengthen.

Bigger club.

London is, IMO, and to many other people, is just one of the greatest places in the world to live.

So it's simple really, Mido held out obviously thinking it was possible to do better than Blackburn Rovers.

And he was right. End of. Good luck to him, he's a good player.

the only thing that he did that was wrong was to take such a long time is saying no. if any player does not want to go to a club that fine, but just say no it does not take weeks to do that.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.