BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

New Games/General Gaming

Loved it on the NES, didn't play it ont he speccy but all of a sudden you've given me an urge to play the Dizzy games :(

Why so sad - get the dizzy game on - so adictive. No shame in sticking an old game on now and again (even if this is the new game thread)

Some more GTA NEWS:-

The Exclusiv-Special from Germany

Games Aktuell

- You can now target different Bodyparts of your victim when you aim at him with a gun. He will now react realistically, depending where he has been hit. (for example, shoot him in the leg to show him you mean it)

- When you go to a bus stop, the time table will show up.

- Niko moves around Liberty City in 3 different speeds: Walking, Jogging or Running

- Rockstar will use the Euphoria Engine, known from "Star Wars: The Force unleashed". Result: Every Explosion looks different.

- Enemies that have been hit may still try to get up again and attack you (i imagine this like the last stand feature in CoD 4)

- pedestrians have a memory. they remember your face when they saw you doing a criminal act and run away in terror whenever they see you again.

- your wanted level does not depend on what you are doing (for example, killing someone in a back alley in san andreas with absolutely no witnesses would still earn you a wanted star), but on who is watching. so prepare for some sam-fisher-like actions for a minimal wanted star level smile.gif

- the multiplayer will be activated via the cell phone. they dont know anything about the multiplayer modes but there will be up to 16 players possible. yet you should not expect a gta iv world of warcraft.

Crysis on the PS3 sounds like a real possiblity, been some strong rumours in the past few days. Some technical company games development head guy posted on another forum explaining why the 360 wouldn't be getting it (some hardware incapaticy or something) but it looks as though they are having discussions for PS3. Would be great if they can get it.

Also, GTA IV is getting closer.:)

Oh and Cocker, I've herd that the new GT will have the Top Gear Test track, you heard anything about that? Would be great trying to beat the Stigs score :lol:

Edited by Anti-Dingle-Brigade

Oh and Cocker, I've herd that the new GT will have the Top Gear Test track, you heard anything about that? Would be great trying to beat the Stigs score :lol:

Yes I have heard that but this is only the tip. The latest Top Gear episodes are also rumored to be on it too - however, this has yet to be confirmed 100%

Has anyone played Crysis yet on the PC? Have ordered it along with a new PC just to play it!

Yup, played and completed.

My machoine (core 2 duo 3.2 ghz, 2gb, 8800 768 mb gtx) struggled to play it with all the very high settings on. I played it with some settings on very high and others on high with no AA just to get a smooth gameplay experience. Mind you this was at a res of 1920x1200

It still look the dogs through. Great game you wont be dissapointed.

Right, PS3 owners. If you want DMC4 Demo this week you will need to download from the US or Jap store because its now been confirmed that the UK wont get it till next week - no biggy really (for those that dont know, you can load up the us or jap store, pick what you want to download and then go back the the uk account and the demo will continue to download - this might sound easy enough but there are people that didnt know)

Guest Kamy100

Thanks for the info Cocker. Never played a DMC game before so looking forward to the demo. If it is good then I will deffo buy the game, although have read that DMC 3 was ridiculously hard!!

There's a free game up for Xbox owners, in case you hadn't spotted it.

Undertow - used to be 800 points but it's free until Sunday. Can't argue with that.

It's only free to make up for Live being screwed for weeks after Christmas. Is it any good though? They really should have offered any game free up to 800 points as not everyone has the same tastes in games.

Thanks for the info Cocker. Never played a DMC game before so looking forward to the demo. If it is good then I will deffo buy the game, although have read that DMC 3 was ridiculously hard!!

Again, wont be able to download it until tonight however, from what I hear it wont be a straight forward 1 level demo. You will get to play little snippets of different levels to give you a total feel to the game.

As for Devil May Cry 3, to be fair it was me that said in another thread that it was mega hard - and it is however, if the game saw that it was smashing you all over the place again and again to be fair to it you would eventually get a message asking you if you wanted to switch to an easier level (an option which wasn't earlier available) to be honest this message made me more angry as it felt to me like the dam thing was mocking me so I ignored to help and carried on getting battered.

As for the new game, there is something that I have read that disturbs me. What I heard was that you play through quite a bit of the game and then you have to do the EXACT bits all over again with a different character.

PLEASE take my DMC comments as a pinch of salt though because as I keep saying, I haven't actually played either the demo or main game yet and these are only rumblings that I hear

Edited by Cocker

It's only free to make up for Live being screwed for weeks after Christmas. Is it any good though? They really should have offered any game free up to 800 points as not everyone has the same tastes in games.

They had to give everyone the same game, otherwise there'd be nothing to stop people claiming 800 points for multiple Silver accounts.

Played Undertow last night, and WOW! What a piece of crap! Couldn't tell what's going on at all (I had been to the pub, though)