BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

New Games/General Gaming

Just read that Dead Rising 2 is on it's way.

And good news for PS3 owners is that it isnt 360 Exclusive.

Where did you see that? I remember reading something about a sequel being done by a different team in the US, which didn't fill me with confidence, but then I assumed it was all off because Capcom are getting sued by New Line Cinema over the first game.

Gears of War 2officially announced (shock horror!). Coming this November apparently. Which roughly means anytime from May to December 2009.

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/splash/g/g...2/default.htm#g

Trailers not much cop, doesn't exactly stir up hype. But for all the console war enthusiasts, it's exclusive to 360 still!

Gears of War 2officially announced (shock horror!). Coming this November apparently. Which roughly means anytime from May to December 2009.

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/splash/g/g...2/default.htm#g

Trailers not much cop, doesn't exactly stir up hype. But for all the console war enthusiasts, it's exclusive to 360 still!

Gutted about that. This is the one game I am really jealous about on the 360 and would have loved the 2nd one to come to PS3.

Gears of meh... You're not missing out on much on PS3, it's a great looking game but pretty annoying to play.

The thought the first one was brilliant, still one of the best games on the 360, both single player/co-op and multiplayer. Sticking a grenade in someone and watching them blow into many gory pieces is still a very heartwarming activity to partake in.

The guns are too lightweight. It looks solid but you can empty an entire clip into somebody and it's like you're spraying him with a water pistol.

It's one of the few games I've bought where I couldn't be bothered with the achievements. It's a great demo for Unreal Engine 3, but an incredibly repetitive game.

Please rename thread "PS3 Fanboy thread"

Then everybody knows what they are reading.

wArEzzz RuLeZzZz

Really? I own a PS3 and not a 360 and I have been biging up a 360 exclusive game - cant see how that is being a ps3 fanboy.

I am a fan of games full stop

The guns are too lightweight. It looks solid but you can empty an entire clip into somebody and it's like you're spraying him with a water pistol.

It's one of the few games I've bought where I couldn't be bothered with the achievements. It's a great demo for Unreal Engine 3, but an incredibly repetitive game.

That's an odd complaint to have considering most of the guns are capable of killing someone in one shot.

Edited by Jimmy Jupiter

I finally bit the bullet and bought Madden NFL 08. I'm slowly beginning to understand what's going on, though the sheer number of plays is baffling and the defensive options are crazy. It's very playable however and the graphics are fantastic. Since I have no real previous NFL interest it's a nice education. Abbey will be pleased to hear I'm particularly impressed with Jay Cutler and his beloved Broncos. ;) There's a nice touch in the way it allows you to see the routes your players will run on offense, meaning you gain a better understanding of what play is needed and where. I admit though I've had to start on rookie difficulty since pro was a little above me. I wasn't getting my ass kicked but it's very difficulty to score from advantageous positions.

Enjoying Madden 08 but I have to say the pro difficulty level is just ridiculous. The coverage that your opponents somehow manage to maintain on every single passing play is just silly and the amount of interceptions the CPU pulls off is beyond funny.

Edited by Rovermatt

You really have to mix up your play selection a lot and you need to run the ball. You also need to be hitting guys for short completions rather than going for the big play, basically you have to have a realistic approach. You'll also need to learn when it's the right time to throw.

Been playing a bit of Bioshock, MY GOD THAT GAME'S GOOD! If you have an Xbox 360 or a PC, buy it, buy it now. It's dark, dirty, scary, beautiful, sad, jumpy, difficult, it's everything you want in a computer game and more. Truly, truly brilliant. Let no-one tell you it's repetitive 'cos they've clearly not paid attention to the game. Puts Crysis in the shade.

Looking for someone to pick up Army of Two this week and give us a review :tu:

A very promising game has started to look a little drab to me. I have already got some vouchers set aside for the new rainbow 6 and GTA but will be able to afford one more - so want to know if this is it or Haze

Looking for someone to pick up Army of Two this week and give us a review :tu:

A very promising game has started to look a little drab to me. I have already got some vouchers set aside for the new rainbow 6 and GTA but will be able to afford one more - so want to know if this is it or Haze

To kind of rule this out I am not going to get Army of Two anyway after seeing the vids for Dark Sector so I will be picking that up instead.