BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

New Games/General Gaming

Well thats my holiday gaming over for this year. I received a wonderful xmas gift early this year...got the 3 rings of death, my console is barely a year old what a joke. I have arranged with xbox and ups to collect tomorrow so fingers crossed and i might be playing Assasins Creed again before 2008. Has this happened to anyone else on here?

Edited by starscascade

Yeah, happened to me a while back. Frustrating but thankfully, Microsoft customer service was excellent and they handled everything really well. UPS picked up my broken console and delivered a new one to me about two weeks later. You hear stories about poor customer service but I had no hassle with them. And everything has been fine since.

Well thats my holiday gaming over for this year. I received a wonderful xmas gift early this year...got the 3 rings of death, my console is barely a year old what a joke. I have arranged with xbox and ups to collect tomorrow so fingers crossed and i might be playing Assasins Creed again before 2008. Has this happened to anyone else on here?

My xbox broke a month or so ago, not the red rings of death but still under a year old. Replaced in the shop i got it from (Gamestation), no hassle, no fuss, took 10 minutes.

Did you try the shop before going to microsoft?

My xbox broke a month or so ago, not the red rings of death but still under a year old. Replaced in the shop i got it from (Gamestation), no hassle, no fuss, took 10 minutes.

Did you try the shop before going to microsoft?

Yeah i rang Game initially but I’ve had the console 13 months (just). And he basically told me my console was dead and Microsoft were the ones to sort it. Wish i could have took it to the shop though would have been easier.

But yeah its well frustrating, very helpful though on the phone and the lady promised the console would be no longer than 2 weeks even with Xmas,(im sceptical though).

I've heard from people that this has happened more than twice, now that really scares me into thinking 'trade it for a PS3' which i would have never done in a million years.

I've had one problem with my xbox and Microsoft were great about it, so I wouldn't worry. Also, based on a friend's experience, if you put a bit of pressure on them with a nice complaint (if you see what I mean) they may even throw in something free.

I've had one problem with my xbox and Microsoft were great about it, so I wouldn't worry. Also, based on a friend's experience, if you put a bit of pressure on them with a nice complaint (if you see what I mean) they may even throw in something free.

Thanks for that Eddie will have to try a polite complaint to them later in the week. Might even speed up the process.

Burnout Paradise demo is online now for Xbox and PS3.

I really can't stand realistic racers, so this is where it's at for me. Looks the business! There are some people here playing the full game and apparently it's very good but a bit hard to find an event to race in, since you have to get around freeways and through the streets.

Played Burnout tonight with Kamy.

Its a shame that the demo dosent seem to include an actual race. It does look very nice but I am not sure if I have been put off a little. Even the crashes seem toned down from the ps2 version. Not sure I like all this stuff about going to gararges to fix the car and re fuel (well get more boost) Will wait and see more from the finished game before I make my mind up. Its out next month after all so there is time for it to grow on me.

Tell you what though - this is how you should be able to invite someone to play a game with you on a next gen machine. I saw that kamy was on it. So I sent an invite - while actually playing may I add - the next thing bang, he is in the room racing around - easy as that.

The developers need to take note

Edited by Cocker

Guest Kamy100

First time that I have ever played a burnout game so was totally at lost as to what to do.

Then played online with Cocker and it became more clear, it has some challenges which you can complete as a team, and as cocker said it would be really cool if the developers had included head to head racing in the demo. Enjoyed especially trying to crash Cocker off the course!! I think that I will play the demo more but I think that I may end up buying this!!

First time that I have ever played a burnout game so was totally at lost as to what to do.

Couldnt agree more. Many people seem to be saying the same thing too. The place does look great though. I half wanted to press triangle and get out of the car and wander round GTA styleeee.

Then played online with Cocker and it became more clear, it has some challenges which you can complete as a team, and as cocker said it would be really cool if the developers had included head to head racing in the demo. !!
Yes, but we completed the challenge and nothing happened. I thought if we did that it would unlock something else even though it was only a demo

Enjoyed especially trying to crash Cocker off the course!!

After a while it did tend to get boring though didnt it. As I said the old burnout you could crash and then blow the car up yourself taking the other guy out with you but this didnt allow it. (The full game could though so my ranting can probably be ignored)

Tell you what though - this is how you should be able to invite someone to play a game with you on a next gen machine. I saw that kamy was on it. So I sent an invite - while actually playing may I add - the next thing bang, he is in the room racing around - easy as that.

The developers need to take note

All games work like that on the Xbox :)

I'm not at all impressed with the demo, though. I want a proper race on a fixed track, not some free-roaming thing where you've actually got to read a tiny map while driving at 200mph.

Man, I can't believe how they've buggered up Burnout. The third one was my favourite racing game ever, but then they added 'traffic checking' in 4, so there was no need to steer, and those revenge takedowns, so there was no penalty for crashing and absolutely no challenge.

And now this. DJ Atomic, or whatever that annoying git is called, and a city you're supposed to navigate at huge speeds. It's Test Drive Unlimited with irritating crashes every few seconds.

All games work like that on the Xbox :)

Nice dig although from what I was told the games I have - FIFA/PES/Call of Duty/Fight Night which are all on xbox work exactly the same online as the PS3?

Could be wrong though but this is what I was led to believe

Managed to free up some money and bought my self an Xbox 360 today.

I got Dead Rising(wich im loving),Blue Dragon,Scene it?(movie quiz thingy) and the new need for speed.

Upto now i'm a tad impressed and im gonna go buy bio-shock tomoz.

Prepare to be blown away.

Bioshock is amazing.