BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

New Games/General Gaming

I know i'm late with Rainbow six vegas but i'm hooked, I started playing the campaign version but got bored so I went online and its amazing depending on who you are in a room with. Only had it a few weeks because somebody at Game in Blackburn advised me to buy transformers instead (c**p). Before this I was on COD3 online all the time but this is something else, Really tempted to buy warhawk next final verdict ?

I would wait for Warhawk mate. I have been getting into it and then all over the sudden had loads of problems connecting to the server. After doing a quick search I discover that EVERYONE seems to be having these problems - it will spoil your enjoyment of what had started to become a very entertaining game.

As for the bloke in Game - oh dear

• 2 weeks later...
Nice demo video of Assassin's Creed gameplay. They seem to have ironed out the nasty looking visual bugs from previous teasers and what's more this isn't even the finished product. I simply cannot wait.

Yup, thats one of the games I have been looking forward too from the start. End of Oct/November will be very expencive for me:-

Pro Evo

Assasins Creed

Kane and Lynch

Army of Two

Unreal Tournament III

Haze

Buzz

Uncharted: Drake's Fortune

Time to get excited about next gen games I think

• 2 weeks later...

Orange box PC first impressions

In my opnion the orange box represents the best value gaming you can currently buy - 4 tip top games (and one ok game - hl2 ep1) for £40, I even own hl2 and ep1 already for the pc but I still forked out the cash for ep2, portal and TF2 because the other 3 games alone make the purchase worthwhile.

HL2 is one of the best shooters available on any system, and its just gotten a whole lot better with ep2. The story telling and dialogue are second to none and the in game physics puzzles and combat are still streets ahead of most other shooters out today. The pacing of the game is just so well done with giant set piece battles to vehicle sections to exploring an underground antlion cave and mine, you never get bored or have to retrace your steps ever. You sometimes have to go back to a particluar area, but the game nevers sends you back the same route you left it by. And its probably double the length of ep1. Hurrah!

I'd love to see how the gameplay compares to Halo 3 which I havn't played yet as i'm not a massive fan of playing shooters with a gamepad.

I cant speak highly enough of portal as well. What a puzzle game, the computer ai voice that guides you through is actually very funny and makes you want to beat the puzzles to hear what she's going to say next. also, some of those portal puzzles are quite devious and do your head in at times. nothing like diving into a portal on the floor only tio come out flying of another one on a wall - great fun. Was on it till 2 in the morning last night.

Havn't played TF2 yet as i'm not a massive online gamer, but i'll give it a go over the weekend.

Can anyone name a better value gaming package right now?

Edited by roversyoyo

I have been very tempted to pick up he Orange box however, looking at the clips it just dosent feel right to me. The reason I say this is the gun. It looks like its just hovering there instead of being held like in Resistance or Rainbow 6.

This is:-

a.) very picky

b.) very very picky as I havent played it yet.

Whats your take on my minor gripe roversyoyo? Is it valid?

Edited by Cocker

Anyone interested in getting NFS:Pro Street?

From a video i saw from E3 it does look exciting, they have gone back to the whole speed thing more like Hot Pursuit 2. But there is drag, drifting etc still in it and plus you can still do some modding

Orange box PC first impressions

In my opnion the orange box represents the best value gaming you can currently buy - 4 tip top games (and one ok game - hl2 ep1) for £40, I even own hl2 and ep1 already for the pc but I still forked out the cash for ep2, portal and TF2 because the other 3 games alone make the purchase worthwhile.

HL2 is one of the best shooters available on any system, and its just gotten a whole lot better with ep2. The story telling and dialogue are second to none and the in game physics puzzles and combat are still streets ahead of most other shooters out today. The pacing of the game is just so well done with giant set piece battles to vehicle sections to exploring an underground antlion cave and mine, you never get bored or have to retrace your steps ever. You sometimes have to go back to a particluar area, but the game nevers sends you back the same route you left it by. And its probably double the length of ep1. Hurrah!

I find HL2 very linear, however its bloody good fu, scary and makes you think with some of those puzzels. Plus if you have a decent enough rig, then its soooooo very pretty

I cant speak highly enough of portal as well. What a puzzle game, the computer ai voice that guides you through is actually very funny and makes you want to beat the puzzles to hear what she's going to say next. also, some of those portal puzzles are quite devious and do your head in at times. nothing like diving into a portal on the floor only tio come out flying of another one on a wall - great fun. Was on it till 2 in the morning last night.

I got stuck last night on level 15 or 16 (cant remember which one) other than it had a "V" of wall which you had to try and get one of those power balles to bounce onto the other switch - which makes sense if you've played the game, none if you havent - it's great fun though

Havn't played TF2 yet as i'm not a massive online gamer, but i'll give it a go over the weekend.

Its hillariously good fun, but ruddy hard/chaotic at times

Can anyone name a better value gaming package right now?

nope

Cocker - I have been very tempted to pick up he Orange box however, looking at the clips it just dosent feel right to me. The reason I say this is the gun. It looks like its just hovering there instead of being held like in Resistance or Rainbow 6.

a.) very picky

Nope, its great. You have no idea how much fun using the gravity gun to bounce soldiers off walls and use them to knock enemies out. Could possibly be.

Well worth the £20 if you get it via steam

Peggle's pretty damn addictive too

I have been very tempted to pick up he Orange box however, looking at the clips it just dosent feel right to me. The reason I say this is the gun. It looks like its just hovering there instead of being held like in Resistance or Rainbow 6.

a.) very picky

Cant say i've ever thought that when playing hl2, but then again i've been playing this game since 1998 (ever since the original hl) and am maybe blind to it, but the motion aniation feels perfectly ok to me.

the gravity gun is held either side with both hands so maybe thats what you are referring to, but for the function the gun is intended for it feels just fine.

I got stuck last night on level 15 or 16 (cant remember which one) other than it had a "V" of wall which you had to try and get one of those power balles to bounce onto the other switch - which makes sense if you've played the game, none if you havent - it's great fun though

Is that the one with the weighted companion cube (wtf was that all about :blink:)? I'll not give the game away but you obviosuly have to know your angles (although I guess you already figured that one out <_<)

Is that the one with the weighted companion cube (wtf was that all about :blink:)? I'll not give the game away but you obviosuly have to know your angles (although I guess you already figured that one out <_<)

I've done the weighted cube level, killed all the androids level and I think Im on Level 18 where I 've got into the room with the light ball, the androids on the platforms and the moving platform (killed the androids got the platform moving) but Im damned if I can work out how to get the box to keep the switch open.

I'm tired and my brain hurts

Edited by Flopsy

I've done the weighted cube level, killed all the androids level and I think Im on Level 18 where I 've got into the room with the light ball, the androids on the platforms and the moving platform (killed the androids got the platform moving) but Im damned if I can work out how to get the box to keep the switch open.

I'm tired and my brain hurts

look below the ledge where you got the cube.

off to try the cod4 demo.