BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

New Games/General Gaming

did anyone hear/see anything on the new game "Jericho" for 360? Is it just me or does it look like a total Bio Shock rip to anyone else?

Well, I havent played Bioshock but I have played Jericho on the PS3 and I thought it was a very average game - which I am told that Bioshock is not - there seems to be more monsters in Jericho and you control 3 people so I wouldnt exactly say its a rip off

Just tried the Smackdown Vs Raw 2008 demo as well. Looks pretty good, slightly better graphically than last year. Just hope the story mode is a little better.

yeah lookin forward to that comin out

im dissapointed that not a single manager game is going to be available this year for playstation3 lma normally do one but they scrapped the idea for this year and are jus goin for a whole new game in 2009 :(

why oh why delilah :(

Click

So its finished. This game is one of the games that first got me excited about the PS3 however, I have a feeling that it may be a big let down. I say this because look at what comes out every time they have a conference - the same level over and over again. It seems to me that the finished job my just end up feeling like a big demo (of which there wont be one to download)

I wait with baited breath that hopefully I am wrong

Some people are playing Assassin's Creed at work right now and it looks great. It's like you're in the Matrix of the Middle Ages. Once you're in sync with the population, you can turn on 'eagle eyes' and see the code beneath everything (well, the people turn different colours depending on what they're up to). In the cutscenes, you get 'glitches' that let you press a button to see things from a different perspective. Very nice VR training level as well.

That's a definite purchase for me, I think. It's Hitman meets Prince of Persia meets the Matrix. I'm sold.

Some people are playing Assassin's Creed at work right now and it looks great. It's like you're in the Matrix of the Middle Ages. Once you're in sync with the population, you can turn on 'eagle eyes' and see the code beneath everything (well, the people turn different colours depending on what they're up to). In the cutscenes, you get 'glitches' that let you press a button to see things from a different perspective. Very nice VR training level as well.

That's a definite purchase for me, I think. It's Hitman meets Prince of Persia meets the Matrix. I'm sold.

PLAYING IT AT WORK - WHERE DO YOU WORK - TELL ME THERE'S A JOB GOING

Seriously, I had heard all this. There was also talk that he could goto different time spaces and assasinate people there - however, like I say the game is meant to be coming out in a month and all we can see is the same level over and over. They never give us anything new

I work at a publishing company, so there are games machines all over the place on the games magazines' floor. Definitely not a bad place :)

The level they're playing has knights hiding in haystacks and stuff like that. Plus there are flashbacks to the future. It looks superb.

Assassins Creed (16th Nov)

GTA VI (early 08)

Haze (30th Nov)

COD4 (9th Nov)

Ratchet and Clank (9th Nov)

Guitar Hero III (23rd Nov)

Lair (9th Nov)

NFS Pro street (23rd Nov)

Smackdown (9th Nov)

I was bored.

Your missing

Kane and Lynch

Killzone 2

M-K Posted Today, 15:42

I work at a publishing company, so there are games machines all over the place on the games magazines' floor. Definitely not a bad place

The level they're playing has knights hiding in haystacks and stuff like that. Plus there are flashbacks to the future. It looks superb.

Do they not let you have a go?

Edited by Cocker

I've got Assassin's Creed for the weekend :)

Done my first assassination, which was pretty cool. You get evidence by either pickpocketing people, eavesdropping or beating it out of them. When you have enough evidence, you get approval for the kill or you can keep gathering more for the fun of it. A lot of repetition so far, and it's really easy to escape by just running away, but if you like Hitman (and I totally love it, it's one of my favourite games) then you'll probably be able to forgive AC its flaws.

Travelling between cities takes ages, as you can't gallop past enemy soldiers without being recognised, so you have to go slow. I don't see the point it from a gameplay perspective. It's just atmosphere, I suppose.

Definitely one of the nicest looking games around - when you first see Damascus gleaming in the sun after miles of countryside, it's breathtaking.

Edited by M-K

I've got Assassin's Creed for the weekend :)

Done my first assassination, which was pretty cool. You get evidence by either pickpocketing people, eavesdropping or beating it out of them. When you have enough evidence, you get approval for the kill or you can keep gathering more for the fun of it. A lot of repetition so far, and it's really easy to escape by just running away, but if you like Hitman (and I totally love it, it's one of my favourite games) then you'll probably be able to forgive AC its flaws.

Travelling between cities takes ages, as you can't gallop past enemy soldiers without being recognised, so you have to go slow. I don't see the point it from a gameplay perspective. It's just atmosphere, I suppose.

Definitely one of the nicest looking games around - when you first see Damascus gleaming in the sun after miles of countryside, it's breathtaking.

Very jealous of you :rolleyes:

Once you've done an assassination in each of the three enemy cities, you can skip between them all with a menu. I can't imagine why anyone would want to spend ages riding across the countryside and getting pursued all the time, unless there's some sort of mission there later, so it's goodbye to the horseback stuff and the epic landscapes after just three kills.

Bad stuff:

The locals keep saying exactly the same things in each city, it's just the accent that changes. Why did they bother recording the same boring bits of speech multiple times?

It's very repetitive. The gameplay hasn't changed at all.

There's a kind of plot twist that sort of explains why the locals are so robotic, which is a cheap way to hide some dodgy AI.

It's not as good as Hitman or Prince of Persia.

Good stuff:

I can't stop playing it. Although I might run out of steam soon.

Your above thoughts are also what I was worried about. When it first was talked about it was said that it would be the first game where each person that wandered around would have their own 'brain' and be an individual. Like you say, it seems like they couldnt do what they were promising and so have papered over the cracks with a change in the story.

No doubt I will still get it though

Almost finished it now! That's at least 16 hours of my weekend.

All the assassinations are exactly the same, in so far as you either jump in and surprise the victim with a stealth kill (got two of those) or you rush in and hack him up (all the rest). There's no way to plan anything different, like in Hitman, as the targets all stay in one place.

While you're trying to be stealthy, you get (female) beggars jostling you. Dead annoying. I had two of them on me once, each saying the same phrase over and over, so I lured them into an alleyway and stabbed them. Harsh but fair. Then I turned into a bit of a serial killer and started terrorising everyone, which is probably not what the designers had in mind.

Top game. A bit wooden at times but it looks brilliant, and leading people on a merry chase through the streets is pretty cool. The Xbox version has an achievement for making the pursuit last over 10 minutes, which I did by being extremely crap at hiding. I'll certainly buy it when it's out, to see the end of the story.

There are loads of time-consuming things like collecting 100 Templar flags, kill 60 knights, rescue however many civilians, do 100 something else flags, 30 of some others and so on. Didn't bother much with those. Plus you have to climb towers to uncover the map in the cities, and there are usually 9 towers in each of three districts. Again, I didn't do all those, and I didn't get all the evidence either (six per kill)

Spent a lot of time just exploring and admiring. I reckon you could do the quest in less than 10 hours if you were ruthless, but getting everything would have taken me double the time I spent. The flags and knights are often out in the countryside, which is vast. To be honest, I got a bit bored of collecting things, mainly because I caned it for so many hours I kept dreaming about the bloody thing last night.

Damn, I really want to play it again now. Only a couple of weeks...