BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

New Games/General Gaming

Looks good - may be worth the wait then!!

Yes, but by then are you going to get in when:-

Heavenly Sword

Is out the week before

Warhawk

Stranglehold

Will be on the same day and

Fifa

Mercenaries 2

Will be out the week after

Finally, things to look forward too.

Guest Kamy100

Warhawk is out today (£19.99 download from PSN), the vast majority of people are seriously impressed with it, hopefully will download it when I get home tonight.

Warhawk is out today (£19.99 download from PSN), the vast majority of people are seriously impressed with it, hopefully will download it when I get home tonight.

I thought that was only on the US one though :huh: . I will let you test it first and await your full report on here :P

Shame there are only 5 maps to it

Edited by Cocker

Yup released on UK PSN today at midday. I have read about 5 reviews and they have all be very positive and pretty much everyone who has downloaded it say it is amazing:

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=170971

I'll post my comments tonight!!

I was very tempted to download it when I got in - you cant argue with £20 can you however, I will wait to later next week as Rovers are on tonight and have a busy weekend.

Let me know what you reckon anyway as even though I enjoyed calling all cars I soon got very very bored of it and I reckon this may take the same path

yorkblues Posted Today, 19:33

got the demo fot tiger woods 08 very good

What did you think then? Is there much different (other than graphics) to the PS2 version?

Really not sure to bother with Tiger Woods 08. Very good games but I have 07 and very little seems to change. I've always thought of it as a two year franchise for me, unlike games like FM or PES that I buy every year.

Yeah I know what you mean there Eddie thats why I wanted to know what it was like (I have watched the vids but you cant always tell) All they seem to do every year is put more spin on the ball a different way or make tiger smile a bit more.

Easy money for them though I guess

Right...because I have other, more important things to do I have decided to use some time to make a list of upcoming games that I am interested in instead (take that research paper!). Some of them are definite buys for me, others are probable and maybes and others still are interesting at this point but might turn out to be buys. Anyone else want to chime in with their lists, feel free. Might be interesting...

Release dates from tothegame.com

Must haves

Assassins Creed 9/11 07

Beautiful Katamari TBA

Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway 16/11 07

Call of Duty 4: Modern Combat TBA

GTA IV Q1 08

Medal of Honor: Airborne 6/11 07

Probable

Alan Wake 8/3 08

FIFA 08 27/9 07

Guitar Hero 3: Legends of Rock Q4 07

Mass Effect 30/11 07

Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell: Conviction 16/11 07

Maybe

Half Life 2: The Orange Box Q4 07

Halo 3 26/9 07

Mercenaries 2: World in Flames 29/11 07

Rock Band Q4 07

Interesting

LA Noir TBA

Marvel Universe Online TBA

Prototype Q2 08

Robert Ludlum’s The Jason Bourne Conspiracy Q2 08

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed 30/11 07

Guest Kamy100

Ok left the game downloading while I was at Rovers. Got back and just been playing for the last half an hour or so.

I have to say that I am very impressed. It is already in my opinion the best game that I have played on the PS3.

I managed to join a 32 player game which was awesome and most of all it was lag fee. The game looks gorgeous and plays very well, gameplay seems very balanced and it works very well. I've got a headset and that was very useful as I could communicate with other people playing the game. The gameplay is very balanced and it doesn't really matter if you fight on foot, wheels or in the air it all works very well. The action is also very fast paced which again is excellent.

More impressions later but I highly recommend this game.

Ok left the game downloading while I was at Rovers. Got back and just been playing for the last half an hour or so.

I have to say that I am very impressed. It is already in my opinion the best game that I have played on the PS3.

I managed to join a 32 player game which was awesome and most of all it was lag fee. The game looks gorgeous and plays very well, gameplay seems very balanced and it works very well. I've got a headset and that was very useful as I could communicate with other people playing the game. The gameplay is very balanced and it doesn't really matter if you fight on foot, wheels or in the air it all works very well. The action is also very fast paced which again is excellent.

More impressions later but I highly recommend this game.

Thanks Kammy - thats good enough for me so will get it downloaded at some point over the weekend

The new Madden is on its way to me. Hopefully it will be a bigger step from 07-08 than it was from 06-07.

On a sidenote, buying games with the name in the title actually just makes me realise how was time goes by when I think that I was first buying a lot of these in 95-96.

It's quite good fun Eddie, the new "weapons system" seems to be working and the game is much harder. At least it feels that way. Much tougher to get going on offense, particularly going down field against shut down corners or getting the running game going against brick wall defenders.

anybody got Stuntman ignition? i had the first one on the ps2 and that was class, i played the demo of the new one on the 360 and its awesome, great graphics so thought id rent it out, might have to buy it! its got two player as wel i think but havent given that a try yet

anybody got Stuntman ignition? i had the first one on the ps2 and that was class, i played the demo of the new one on the 360 and its awesome, great graphics so thought id rent it out, might have to buy it! its got two player as wel i think but havent given that a try yet

Not got it but seen many reviews. I too have played the first one on the PS2 and this one seems pretty much the same - which in my opinion is a bad thing. The thing I hated most about this game is the start - make a mistake - start again - start - make a mistake - start again - repeat. You clip something and your timing goes out the window. It feels more of a game that should be downloaded through the store rather than pay top whack for.

Again, I hold my hands up and say I havent actually played the new one so you may want to take my warblings as a pinch of salt.

I know this game is out so it may not count as new but is bio shock worth the money? I'm hearing good things about it but i'm not convinced.

Being a pc gamer at heart i think its the game of the year along with company of heroes, however if you own a 360 I can see that halo 3 maybe more desirable. As a story tyelling epic bioshock is second to none and the best story driven game since half life (and 2), however as a pure shooter I think halo 3 will beat it. In short if you are after a no holds barred shooter get halo 3 if you want an engrossing single player atmospheric experience then bioshiock it is.

Being a pc gamer at heart i think its the game of the year along with company of heroes, however if you own a 360 I can see that halo 3 maybe more desirable. As a story tyelling epic bioshock is second to none and the best story driven game since half life (and 2), however as a pure shooter I think halo 3 will beat it. In short if you are after a no holds barred shooter get halo 3 if you want an engrossing single player atmospheric experience then bioshiock it is.

thanks alot. Ill put it on the back burner and get halo 1st, but after DLing the demo for 360 it did leave me feeling like i wanted to play more.

I know i'm late with Rainbow six vegas but i'm hooked, I started playing the campaign version but got bored so I went online and its amazing depending on who you are in a room with. Only had it a few weeks because somebody at Game in Blackburn advised me to buy transformers instead (c**p). Before this I was on COD3 online all the time but this is something else, Really tempted to buy warhawk next final verdict ?