BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

New Games/General Gaming

There are loads of time-consuming things like collecting 100 Templar flags, kill 60 knights, rescue however many civilians, do 100 something else flags, 30 of some others and so on. Didn't bother much with those. Plus you have to climb towers to uncover the map in the cities, and there are usually 9 towers in each of three districts. Again, I didn't do all those, and I didn't get all the evidence either (six per kill)

Spent a lot of time just exploring and admiring. I reckon you could do the quest in less than 10 hours if you were ruthless, but getting everything would have taken me double the time I spent. The flags and knights are often out in the countryside, which is vast. To be honest, I got a bit bored of collecting things, mainly because I caned it for so many hours I kept dreaming about the bloody thing last night.

Damn, I really want to play it again now. Only a couple of weeks...

Sounds like what I did with Oblivion - you cant help but admire what you are looking at. I spent a but of time running in and out of water and looking at the ripples - sad I know

Does anybody else watch xleague.tv (channel 279) on sky. I haven't seen any demos yet for COD4 but they had a 4 on 4 multiplayer match on and it looked awesome. I can't wait for this game to come out on the PS3.

Good job sir. I didnt even know this channel existed (and that bloke who narrates Gamer.tv on bravo does my head in)

This shall be added to my fav channels now :tu:

Almost finished it now! That's at least 16 hours of my weekend.

All the assassinations are exactly the same, in so far as you either jump in and surprise the victim with a stealth kill (got two of those) or you rush in and hack him up (all the rest). There's no way to plan anything different, like in Hitman, as the targets all stay in one place.

While you're trying to be stealthy, you get (female) beggars jostling you. Dead annoying. I had two of them on me once, each saying the same phrase over and over, so I lured them into an alleyway and stabbed them. Harsh but fair. Then I turned into a bit of a serial killer and started terrorising everyone, which is probably not what the designers had in mind.

Top game. A bit wooden at times but it looks brilliant, and leading people on a merry chase through the streets is pretty cool. The Xbox version has an achievement for making the pursuit last over 10 minutes, which I did by being extremely crap at hiding. I'll certainly buy it when it's out, to see the end of the story.

Have to say after reading all this, i am really tempted by this game ( i wasnt previously) sounds like a lot of fun if nothing else.

Probably a stupid question but is it all in the middleages times? when you said it flashes forward what do you mean?

You have for sure the best job on earth as the rest of us have to wait a whole 2 weeks.

The reviews are saying that Call of Duty 4 is too short. So yet another developer drops the ball in that respect. It's maddening when some titles such as Bioshock and even Halo 3 provide vast, immersive, value for money experiences while others are simply sharp graphics with a couple of hours worth of gameplay. This now slips into my 'buy it pre-owned' list.

To say I was underwhelmed with the Single player demo is an understatement, however from what I've seen teh Multiplayer looks good, as long as they dont do what they did in CoD2 and just use console maps for the MP.

Best multiplayer CoD game for the PC was United Offensive

Yes - download it from the store - you wont play it again.

That may sound harsh but its awful

Did the PS3 demo just have the Lard Lad statue attack the same as the xbox 360? If so, I'm not suprised about your comments as I had the same experience.

However, I have now been playing the game from the beginning and if you like the Simpsons then it is quite enjoyable and the cut scenes are excellent. It's by no means a great game though. Awful camera angles in some places and some very strange puzzles in others. However as a fun game it's ok. Certainly not worth full price. Find it 2nd hand or in a bargain bin after Christmas.

Actually, rent it from Blockbuster. I'm rubbish at games and finish hardly any but having played it for a couple of hours last night, I'm already 21% of the way through.

Edited by Biddy

Did the PS3 demo just have the Lard Lad statue attack the same as the xbox 360? If so, I'm not suprised about your comments as I had the same experience.

However, I have now been playing the game from the beginning and if you like the Simpsons then it is quite enjoyable and the cut scenes are excellent. It's by no means a great game though. Awful camera angles in some places and some very strange puzzles in others. However as a fun game it's ok. Certainly not worth full price. Find it 2nd hand or in a bargain bin after Christmas.

Actually, rent it from Blockbuster. I'm rubbish at games and finish hardly any but having played it for a couple of hours last night, I'm already 21% of the way through.

Yeah, same Lard Lad one. For me it looks like it could have been done on a PS2/Xbox. You would have thought for such an important title they would have sorted the camera out -awful. The repetition in it did my head in.

Granted, yes, I only played this one level however, on looking at the others they are all kind of the same but with different bods to play with.

I wouldn't even put my 12 year old nephew through this.

Has anyone seen Kane and Lynch yet? dunno what i think of it yet or whether to get it. The co-op part looks good.

Yep, keeping a close eye on it. It does look good but I have others in my list ahead of it

On another note I had totally dismissed this because it was a movie tie in but after watching this it might fill the gap until God of War III

CLICK

Edited by Cocker

Guest Kamy100

Hmmmmm I am now tempted to get this as it looks really good.

GT gave it a 9.1 which very good for them, only thing that concerns me is that they say a couple of times that the gameplay becomes very repetitive.

Hmmmmm I am now tempted to get this as it looks really good.

GT gave it a 9.1 which very good for them, only thing that concerns me is that they say a couple of times that the gameplay becomes very repetitive.

Not only that, the other thing that bothers me is the AI. It sounds like they are idiots. They can watch you kill someone but if you dont run off and stand there praying like a monk they think your just a bystander!!! The way they only attack you 1 by 1 is a bit lame too. They have spent about 3 years making this and should have been able to resolve these issues before release.

Edited by Cocker