SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Charlton V Blackburn

Eddie

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes I saw the game. You cant lambast a player who has had a few 5 min sub appearances and expect him to come on at half time and perform like a trojan. It doesnt help when we have the forwards who'd look more at home if a tv and sofa were planted in front of the goal.

I didn't expect him to perform like a Trojan, but he didn't look like he knew what he was doing. He didn't pass it, cross it, take on his man. He simply got the ball and then stood in front of the defender until the challenge came in and then lost it. Everyone has bad games, but there are bad games and there are bad games. A good player would have at least tried something, had he failed then fair enough, but trying nothing is criminal as it is never going to produce the goods.

Totally agree with your first paragraph and totally disagree with your second paragraph.

There are elements to his technical ablility which are good - but there isn't a single player from the Conference upwards who doesn't have something going for them.

Let's not forget that this is Gally's second chance - he's been here before and proved nothing - Jon Stead was a better option at the time. Gally had a good season at Stoke playing out wide but that doesn't make him a PL striker.

As anyone who was there last night could see, it doesn't make him a PL wide player either. He has neither the pace nor the skill to beat the poorest full backs in the league. Unless he hits a really early cross he loses the ball.

In short - he's not the answer in either position. We certainly can't afford to give him an "extended run up front" - no manager who has ever had him on the books has done that. Because he's just not good enough.

Must admit I have banged on quite a bit about Gally getting a go, quite defensive of him at times, watching him last night I could taste the humble pie, the lad looked totally lost.

Buggar, just looked at the Tables 2 points off relegation with a four point gap to the team with the next highest points. Geordies will be fancying their chances on Saturday they beat a useful side tonight.

Edited by USABlue

Yes Ok it could be Joyce, Moseley had a little 'tash as I remember, but he also had a large scar running back from his mouth as well.

Fife, if you go back to the picture in question, right click on it, then click on "properties" - you will get the answer.

The problem for me is simple. Last season we had flair, skill, pace and a very good work rate all over the park.

This season, without Bellamy, Dickov, Kuqi, Reid,Nelsen the work rate has dropped massively, little pace without Bellamy and the result is becoming evident.

Pace - we have absolutely no pace in the side whatsoever.

None of our strikers - Roberts possibly excepted - have it, while our midfield has even less.

Pedersen and Bentley are arguably too slow to act as wide players. Probably the only player in our squad at present with genuine pace is Emerton - and he's injured again!

Without speed on the break, we're really struggling to create chances away from home and that's a worry.

I didn't see any of Gally's performance at Charlton but everytime he has come on at home he has looked busy, eager to get on the ball and get involved in play. When he came on against Basle, he bust a gut to get forward and join attacks from midfield on several occasions and his involvement led to the third goal.

I'd dispute those who question his ability; technically, I think he's excellent and given an extended run up front I think we'd see that his finishing ability is very good indeed - already seen this season when he made a tricky chance against Man City look very easy.

You must not have seen his performance after he came on at Anfield either. :( If the decidedly below average Gallagher is our best hope then we are relegated already. The membership on here beggars belief at times, we have had strong support for the likes of Grabbi and Stead for goodness sake and now some would support Gallaghers elevation to 1st team. What is it with some folk that will not believe the evidence of their own eyes? :wstu:

You must not have seen his performance after he came on at Anfield either. :( If the decidedly below average Gallagher is our best hope then we are relegated already. The membership on here beggars belief at times, we have had strong support for the likes of Grabbi and Stead for goodness sake and now some would support Gallaghers elevation to 1st team. What is it with some folk that will not believe the evidence of their own eyes? :wstu:

eyes are tinted with red roses :D

gallagher has done well comming of the bench in some games and bad in others like charlton fro example, he was plain awful.

the same could be said for the whole team, there is no consistency apart from when we went on the 7 game unbeaten run.

in some peoples views as soon as a player has a bad game or 2, they want them replaced. we do not have the squad depth in skill wise to do this like i.e chelsea. we have to put up with players going through a bad patch of form, unfortunatley there seems to be alot of our players in this bad patch.

rememeber bentley at the start of the season?? lately he has not done alot apart from fulham home.

If the decidedly below average Gallagher is our best hope then we are relegated already. The membership on here beggars belief at times, What is it with some folk that will not believe the evidence of their own eyes? :wstu:

Put it this way , Drog ; he's had less of a chance than Jeffers .....and yet you rate him for some reason that escapes most of us - despite the evidence or lack of it . I'd give either Gally or Derbyshire a start on Saturday instead of Nonda - although I won't be expecting much from any of them at the moment .

Fife, if you go back to the picture in question, right click on it, then click on "properties" - you will get the answer.

Thank you Den. I didn't know you could do that. Oh dear wrong again! And I know you can't see it but my hand is being held up now. :)

The problem for me is simple. Last season we had flair, skill, pace and a very good work rate all over the park.

This season, without Bellamy, Dickov, Kuqi, Reid,Nelsen the work rate has dropped massively, little pace without Bellamy and the result is becoming evident.

Intersting how things swing. When Dickov and Kuqi were here they were constantly slated for not being good enough now they are lost heroes? Not just you ozzie I've seen it several times. Bellamy goes without saying we lost a real talent there. Nelsen and Reid definately two of our more influential players last season. I saw a snippet said Reid is back in light training. Even when those two get back it's gonna be several games before they even get close to full match fitness and get their timing back.

HANG ON FELLOW ROVERITES IT"S GONNA BE A WILD RIDE!!!

Dear Messers Hughes and Williams,

I've been in London for a few days and only got home late last night after a journey from hell.

I do not go to all away league games but I appear to hit the dregs with the games this season with games which have included Pompey and West Ham.

The Charlton game took the biscuit; we were dreadful, the players were a disgrace to the b&w shirt and the performance was an insult to those few hardy souls who travelled to The Valley; we blame tv, cost and match timing etc for falling attendances but lets be blunt with the sh@t the Rovers have churnned out in recent weeks who can blame the fans for deserting for more entertaining fare such as pushing a trolley around Tesco.

Where do we start? Well I am not to to analyse the performance of each player; there was no passion and no fight and we had no strength in depth. Charlton were god awful...unfortunately we are even worse, we had a side out which would struggle in the Championship.

May I have a refund please; do not send me a credit note as this will offend.

Happy Christmas (sic)

Mr Angry

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.