BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Charlton V Blackburn

Eddie

Charlton were bottom of the table but their home form was good.

Now, on to Newcastle. They are on a bad run, so they could do with beating us.

We should all put a bet on Newcastle to win. If they win, we get a pay out.

If they lose, we are delighted.

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They are (or certainly Bennis is) but unfortunately playing for BRFC on a winters night against a team fighting for it's Prem life does not motivate them.

It's wake up time...we have a pair of complete lightweights up front with nothing to replace them. I know Hughes is supporting them publicly, but i am certain that when he sees their pitiful efforts he must be fuming. Every time i hear the blackburn end singing mccarthy's name when he's performed another poncy flick it drives me mad. i wonder how many filcks Hughes did in his career......he just got on with the job of making the defenders life hell, and doing what he was paid for.

Edited by frosty

Worst bloody £80 I've ever won.

Had £2 at 10/1 and then another £2 at 30/1 just after Henchoz brought them down for the free kick.

Was Friedel at fault for goal??

Hard to fault him too much, although he is responsible for setting the wall. Left too much room to his left. Then a pretty fair kick around the wall, at which point a Rover skips in front of Brad to block whatever small chance he had of seeing it. And said defender made no play.

Almost looked like the defenders were conspiring to cause Brad headaches the whole last 10 minutes.

We could have played for a further 90 mins and still not scored. We are in trouble. This is no longer a 'string of bad results' but a loud warning bell.

Its like nonda and benny are scared of the ball and the number of times we gave the ball away was just ridiculous.

Wake up Rovers!

strange game some good points some bad

Really cause we lost i'll start with bad

BAD POINTS

I was shocked how BAD Nonda was, i don't have words to say how i feel, it was hard to watch

Benni look little slow

Pedersen was poor, very poor, taking him off good call

What kind of wall was that??????????????????????????????????????

GOOD

Oojier, Henchoz, Gray and Neil all looked good shame about Henchoz at the end, did not deserve that

Emerton man of the match, please don't be injuried

Savage worked hard

Nonda is just lazy thats his problem, I really think he does care and wants to succeed at Rovers but hes just a player who will never chase down balls if he doesnt have to, he also seems to be getting slower and slower. I think Nonda mainly gives up on balls because he knows his pace is not what it used to be.

I dont think Roberts returning will solve the striker situation, Roberts just isnt a good enough finisher for a team who create so little chances.

Peter looks like he will become nothing more then a average winger, to be fair Id rather MGP was given the chance to refind his form then Peter.

Heres hoping Jeffers is fit for the next game!

Hope Hughes goes for Eastwood in January.

Edited by wakefieldrawks

It was an incredibly frustrating match to watch, both teams gave the ball away a ridiculous amount. To be honest, I'm amazed they didn't get a penalty when Lucas Neill bundled over a striker, maybe he got a foot on the ball - the stadium screen had no replays. It had 0-0 written all over it, but a dodgy wall placement gave them a tap-in free kick right at the death. Forget the score for the moment, it was the performance that was the worst part. When Tugay came on at h-t he lifted the team straight away, Gallacher on the other hand was terrible (although admittedly playing out of position).

Nonda and McCarthy were rubbish, especially Nonda. I was laughing when he gave up on that ball, then had a quick sprint, then gave up again and watched it go out for a throw in. At that point I looked at Mark Hughes and he turned from the pitch and thumped the roof of the dugout. The only positives were the centre halves - Ooijer and Henchoz were great I thought, most of Charlton's attacking came down the flanks. They dealt with aerial balls well, and Henchoz particularly put in some great tackles.

Newcastle game is a must-win.

yeah, slow is a good word to sum up Nonda and a major problem, i think Tugay might be faster lol

in the 5 minutes must have been, Nonda stopped running after a ball, just gave up, which was a joke, Savage went mental at Nonda, shouting away at him, throwing his arms around.

Edited by chris

Brad should be given a 10,000/wk raise just for being subjected to tonight's performance from those teammates of his.

Perhaps, as he was brillant. What was tugay thinking throwing Brad under the bus like that... ? But how much fault does Brad receive for setting up that crap wall? Or was the fault entirely Lucas' for half heartedly trotting past the ball thinking that Brad had it?

Just back. An utterly pathetic inept performance that had relegation written all over it from first minute to the miserable last. If Nonda ever plays in a Rovers shirt again then Hughes is an absolute muppet. My granny could run faster and put in more effort. McCarthy scarcely any better. No pace anywhere in the team. Total inability to beat an opponent in wide positions. Gallagher shocking - get rid to the fizzy pop league asap.Peter no pace can't beat an egg. Bentley suicidal passing in midfield. Emerton back to his dumb ways, clueless and running inside. Friedel magnificent but then we knew that already.

Just got back from the match.

Charlton 1 Rovers 0

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

We're going down!! Watch us slip slowly into the relegation zone, and get rooted to the bottom.

I'm off to splash some cash on those sh1ts in blue and white relegating us.

Mark Hughes will leave for Man U, all our "players" will leave for brighter futures and with attendances like 16,900 Blackburn Rovers WILL NEVER RECOVER.

They are (or certainly Bennis is) but unfortunately playing for BRFC on a winters night against a team fighting for it's Prem life does not motivate them.

This pretty much sums up the difference in the two teams. They are fighting for survival and we aren't (yet).

After a miserable journey back I have to say there are a couple of positives. After a shaky start to the season Ooijer seems to have got his act together and is beginning to look a lot more solid. Brad also kept us in it - before the goal that is! Shame about that, eh?!

We're going down!! Watch us slip slowly into the relegation zone, and get rooted to the bottom.

Mark Hughes will leave for Man U, all our "players" will leave for brighter futures and with attendances like 16,900 Blackburn Rovers WILL NEVER RECOVER.

Merry Christmas to you to! :rover:

...I don't want to draw to any conclusions, but the fact that we've lost to the bottom team in the league speaks for itself.

you have to remember that it is an away game and at a ground that we never really get any joy.

4)Lose concentration (Which, incidentally, I don't believe)

7)Can't take good enough corners

8)Don't take scoring chances

Rovers Defence can never manage to stay alert for the entire game, they seem to drop into comas for at least 2 set plays a game

Been saying this for years, rovers get a good corner taker and then a few months later he can't get the ball off the ground. .

With the amount of ball that we get, we should create so many chances yet time after time it seems we get the ball to either wing and thats it. The ball never gets into the danger area or if it does then benni and nonda are off trying to get knock downs at the edge of the area or trying to get offside. The offsides post bellers are pathetic, it doesn't take alot of effort to keep up with play! :angry:

Was Friedel at fault for goal??

I haven't seen the goal yet, but even if he let it go through his legs i would forgive for the "at least 6" fantastic saves he made tonight. Friedel is world class and without him i don't think we would be in the premiership.

Edited by modes98

Nonda should not play for us again based on that showing. If he is not prepared to put in the effort then sit him down. Lazy, lost the ball to a Charlton player and dropped his arms by his side and gave up, the Charlton player was well with in reach.

No need for Henchoz to give up the free kick in the first place, only Neill had any clue what was going on but he did not spot it till too late. I saw where they were going to put it from my couch.

Passing was woeful tonight, we were poor overall and did not deserve anything from the game.

On to Newcastle, we need 3 points from that cos Reading will surely give us a hiding. Looks like Bert will be out long term.

We'd have lost by at least 4 but for Brad anyway, he was immense tonight.

Just got back from the match.

Charlton 1 Rovers 0

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Do you just copy and paste this crapola, if not you might want to, save you sometime

Edited by USABlue

Only saw the second half Sky highlights but on that basis it appeared as though Friedel gifted Charlton the easiest goal they're ever likely to score.

The free kick didn't seem to do much just went round the side of the wall and into a completely unguarded net, which is ultimately the keeper's responsibility. Completely unacceptable at this level.

That said it also appeared from the highlights as though he kept us in the game prior to that with several excellent saves.

It also appeared from the brief highlights I saw that Charlton looked far the hungrier of the two sides and we created next to nothing.

Which should come as no great surprise as it's the way we've played most of the season in the League.

All's not quite lost though - there's no reason at all why we can't beat Newcastle on Saturday IF we have our A game in tow and the front two decide to show up.

What an absolute embarrassment. The first 45 minutes was so shockingly inept that, if I were manager, every outfield player would lose their weeks wages. Something like 10 - 15 times (no exaggeration!!) we literally passed the ball to one of their players standing but a few feet away and let them go on the attack. Bentley and Emerton were the biggest culprits, but I think I counted 7 or 8 of our players just giving the ball awayneedlessly in bad areas.

The second half saw an improvement, but it was so frustrating to watch at times that I felt like running on the pitch and belting one of the players! The amount of space we had down the right wing in the last 15 minutes was absolutely unbelieveable, yet we never once exploited it. I like Gallagher, but why or why did he just play the ball into an empty box, rarely beating the first man, when he could have ran another 15 metres towards the box?! Peter's nerves were obviously showing on the other wing 'cos a couple of times he was trying some fancy footwork and just knocked the ball out of his control straight to the opposition. It must have been humiliating for him.

Perhaps most worryingly of all, McCarthy and Nonda were dreadful. You can hardly call it a partnership when the two play about 20 yards apart, neither anywhere near the penalty box or in the centre of the pitch. They didn't link at all, they were lazy, they didn't win enough in the air. They were appauling.

1-0 was a fair result in my mind, purely because of our first half shambles. And, in any case, Ooijer gave away a stone cold penalty that wasn't given.

Charlton were poor, and we were even worse. If we are to progress at all in the next few seasons, then Sparky has to be backed this January and this summer to bring in some QUALITY. We looked bereft of that tonight.

The only man to come away from this game with his head held high was Friedel, who made some terrific saves.

Friedel - 9

Neill - 5 - a captain doesn't stand by and watch his team play like that. Not once did I see him getting on any of the players backs. He didn't exactly have a good game either.

Gray - 6 - didn't do too much wrong, but the linking between him and Pedersen in the first half gave no attacking impetus whatsoever.

Henchoz - 6 - a couple of cracking tackles. I really do like the guy, but he did give the ball away badly in dangerous areas and didn't seem to get a lot of distance on his headers.

Ooijer - 6 - gave away an inexplicable penalty. A poor challange. Didn't do much to inspire the back line.

Emerton - 6 - dreadful first half, but picked it up a bit in the second

Pedersen - 5 - yet another anonymous display. I wish this guy could learn how to take a corner.

Bentley - 4 - what a terrible performance. If we thought he could do a job in the Tugya role, then i think we were being a little premature.

Savage - 5 - didn't do enough harrying the entire game. Gave the ball away badly and fluffed a few good opportunites to start moves. Not one of his better performances.

Nonda - 4 - invisible. Didn't win any headers. Too lazy. No understanding of McCarthy's play.

Mcarthy - 4 - another poor performance from a striker. He did one very good turn, but that was about it. Never really looked like scoring. See Nonda.

Gallagher - 5 - started promisingly, but just didn't run into the acres of space down the right flank and the quality of his ball was at times appauling.

Peter - 5 - showed glimpses of skill but he'll want to forget tonigh. A few embarrassing muck ups.

Tugay - 6 - probably our best outfield player in the second half, but he certainly didn't dictate play. At least he looked better than Bentley.

Nonda and McCarthy were rubbish, especially Nonda. I was laughing when he gave up on that ball, then had a quick sprint, then gave up again and watched it go out for a throw in. At that point I looked at Mark Hughes and he turned from the pitch and thumped the roof of the dugout. The only positives were the centre halves - Ooijer and Henchoz were great I thought, most of Charlton's attacking came down the flanks. They dealt with aerial balls well, and Henchoz particularly put in some great tackles.

I'm pretty much in agreement with this. All of our problems are stemming from the rubbish up front.

The fact that Nonda and McCarthy both scored on Saturday against a lacklustre Fulham team is a deception. You have to go back SEVEN weeks since either of them scored in the PL before that.

Statistics don't say enough though. There is a lack of application and common sense in their play which cannot be excused. The incident described above by squaylor sticks in the mind, as does McCarthy's 50-50 tackle in roughly the same spot on the field which he decided to completely bottle it and let the Charlton defender just win the ball.

Paul Dickov has his faults and his critics. But if he'd been the other half of the front pair with either of these slackers tonight, Rovers would have all the points IMO.

Paul Dickov has his faults and his critics. But if he'd been the other half of the front pair with either of these slackers tonight, Rovers would have all the points IMO.

Seeing as Dickov has yet to score for Citeh this season we're well rid there imo.

Can't disagree with your analysis of Messrs McCarthy and Nonda though.

Well, just got back, what crap. Where to start, very difficult as most of the team played very poorly. Gallagher, anyone who thinks he deserves a run in the team, think again. Benni, I don't know if he was injured after he was tackled early in the second half, but he didn't seem to put in much effort after it. Nonda seemed as if he was lost on the pitch. However, I think the problem with the strikers is much more a problem with the midfield. We create nothing and have no ideas or options to move the ball from the defenders to the forwards and create an opportunity; because of this the strikers get left having to try little flicks, solo runs and never really have the chance to shoot. It was a poor performance, though I don't think we deserved to lose, Charlton were equally poor. Things need to pick up soon.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.