BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Hughes Linked With Liverpool

Have any Blackburn fans heard any rumours regarding Hughes being linked with Liverpool if Benitez doesn't win any trophies this season?. This rumour seems to be rife amongst the kop who are not in favour of the idea, myself personally would love Sparky to be the LUFC manager. Im not a major fan of the rotation system in which Rafa holds so much confidence in suceeding with it although results do seem to be picking up at the moment. Another thing is im not to keen on the idea of Lucas Neil's imminent arrival at Anfield, I dnt rate him as one of the best right backs in europe and can't see why Liverpool, Barcelona Chelsea etc are being linked with him!, although it now seems that he won't cost very much at all. Glad to see Rovers beat Fulham at the weekend by the way i dont't mind Blackburn at all i think they show a lot of fighting spirit and passion unlike some teams!

This was a serious post!, i was advised this was the forum where you can get answers to query's advice on rumours etc but all you have done is take the p*ss. I am deadly serious on what i have said on this site. Looking at a few other topics on here has made me realise people like PrestonMMuM and Phillipl are just idiots who only like taking the p*ss out of people, well thanks a bunch because that i swhat ya have done with me.

Listen mate, welcome to the board however, this is just a silly rumour at the moment.

IF Liverpool do not win anything this season then the only reason Rafa will not be at Liverpool next year is because he has walked.

As for the rotation system he is using - try looking at the other big clubs - they all use it.

We can rule out Chelski cos they have about 5 teams but Man U and Arsenal all rotate (Man U not so much with the strikers cos they dont have enough until Henrik L comes in)

All I ever hear from Liverpool fans is praise for Rafa (apart from if you dont get a result but thats life - live with it)

He will still be with you next year and Sparky will hopefully still be with us.

END OF :tu:

Edited by Cocker

Sorry, LUFC red, looks like you missed the serious people. Some who replied usually are serious, but there are members out there who would be a lot worse!

It is certainly a new rumour, but not fully convinced. Having said that, how long can we hold on to sparky? The lure of a bigger budget has attracted people in the past. As I said earlier though, I don't think you are doing to bad under Rafa, but like us this season, perhaps expectations were just a tad high?

Sorry, LUFC red, looks like you missed the serious people. Some who replied usually are serious, but there are members out there who would be a lot worse!

It is certainly a new rumour, but not fully convinced. Having said that, how long can we hold on to sparky? The lure of a bigger budget has attracted people in the past. As I said earlier though, I don't think you are doing to bad under Rafa, but like us this season, perhaps expectations were just a tad high?

This was a serious post!, i was advised this was the forum where you can get answers to query's advice on rumours etc but all you have done is take the p*ss. I am deadly serious on what i have said on this site. Looking at a few other topics on here has made me realise people like PrestonMMuM and Phillipl are just idiots who only like taking the p*ss out of people, well thanks a bunch because that i swhat ya have done with me.

I think people are taking the mick because as far as any of us know it just isn't going to happen. No rumours of this sort in Blackburn, as has been said if Sparky moves it's much more likely to be to OT than Anfield.

didn't mean to upset you matey, it's just if you had to watch Rovers every week you would have a warped sense of life.

I write this sat in my office in Liverpool next to a PNE fan and a Crewe supporter...they are even sadder than me.

Anyhow why would Sparky go to the Pool...put you money on Old Trafford.

So a rumour on the Kop is serious is it? Don't be daft.

I am being serious- Liverpool are being sold to DIC.

I have plenty of contacts there so I can find out whether they are going to keep Rafa or not with far more chance of reality than the gossips of the Kop.

Quite honestly, my guess is that Rafa is safe. He only won the European Cup for you and Liverpool are sitting pretty in the PL league table for a second half push for 3rd or 4th.

PrestonMMuM and Phillipl are just idiots who only like taking the p*ss out of people

:lol: Spot on! Mum and Philip are the worst in that department. Seriously mate, you've started a rumour about you taking our manager - with no real sources to back it up with. In addition, Sparky has played for Everton and Manchester United in his playing career - oh yeah, and Chelsea. I doubt Liverpool would be his first choice club, with an ageing SAF it would also mean taking a step back from the Manchester United que.

As mentioned above, take the Aussie and leave us alone.

Have any Blackburn fans heard any rumours regarding Hughes being linked with Liverpool if Benitez doesn't win any trophies this season?. This rumour seems to be rife amongst the kop who are not in favour of the idea, myself personally would love Sparky to be the LUFC manager. Im not a major fan of the rotation system in which Rafa holds so much confidence in suceeding with it although results do seem to be picking up at the moment. Another thing is im not to keen on the idea of Lucas Neil's imminent arrival at Anfield, I dnt rate him as one of the best right backs in europe and can't see why Liverpool, Barcelona Chelsea etc are being linked with him!, although it now seems that he won't cost very much at all. Glad to see Rovers beat Fulham at the weekend by the way i dont't mind Blackburn at all i think they show a lot of fighting spirit and passion unlike some teams!

I didnt even wanna justify this message with a reply... But hey seeing as its causing so much of a fuss!

Sparky recently signed a new long term contract, so i doubt he will be leaving till Fergy retires and thats not going to be after 2010 give or take...

End of debate... :rover:

I'm not taking anything out of anyone. I'm deadly serious. And I don't like greedy clubs assuming that they only have to say the word and the deed is done; even though it happens. No disrespect to you, Liverpool Fan, but strangely enough we happen to love our club just as much as you do yours. Cheers.

Going down with the Southend, down with the Southend, you're going down with the Southend..... :rover:

Benitez has given himself a problem by buying too many players. It's all very well giving yourself options but with the influx of new signings brings instability in the hierarchy of the squad (unless dealt with properly) and the frustrations of dropped players will surely weaken team morale.

And some players just need regular starts to find their feet. Jermaine Pennant is not going to be the quality winger he is making sub appearances. and desultory starts.

However, I cannot see Benitez being given the sack barring something disastrous. Once he sorts his rotation fetish out, Liverpool will be fine.

OK, it's Monday, I'm busy, but how does the name "LUFCRed" work then? Leeds United Football Club Red?!?

LFCRed makes sense. I'm confused.

Anyway, I've not heard anything. It's probably true. Lucas will get him the job. If he wants it. I've heard he's waiting for Bayern or Barca though. Or Wrexham.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.