BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Pet Peevs

Frigging website advertising that when you accidentally roll over or mouse over and the whole page becomes a massive great big ad for crap you don't care about when all you want is to read the report or article and not the b@astard price of a flight to Basle.Gets right on me tlt-ends big style now that.frigging interspersels

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Frigging website advertising that when you accidentally roll over or mouse over and the whole page becomes a massive great big ad for crap you don't care about when all you want is to read the report or article and not the b@astard price of a flight to Basle.Gets right on me tlt-ends big style now that.frigging interspersels

Worse than that is the ad expanding without you even hovering your mouse over it.

• 1 month later...

And when the train door opens and your waiting to get on it all the ignorant twonks who don't let the people who are trying to get off disembark first before pushing past like stampeding Bison to get on the train for their precious seat syou frigging selfish rude gets. Gets right on my t~~~ that does.

Regards, Mr V Meldrew.

Once, I was about to get on the train as it appeared as though nobody was getting off. I step one foot onto the train and a woman coming off, in such a arrogant, self obsessed "I'm better than you" tone, chuckles before saying "No, I don't think so," and walks right in front of me. I actually couldn't believe it. If I wasn't so shocked, I'd have told her how her face looked as though it had been hit repeatedly by a shovel. People using public transport are generally a nightmare to be around.

Another time, on a bus, I go to pay the driver for my £2 journey, but only have a £10 note. I didn't have any money on me before and had to go to the cash point to be able to pay for the bus. Three people get on before me, each paying at least £1.30 in cash and I go to pay with my £10er, apologizing for not having the correct change. In reponse I get a bus driver huffing and puffing, "typical student" he says, before telling me that there is absolutely no excuse for not having any change on me. "You're just like all the other students, can't even be bothered to walk up the hill." (The walk is about £20 minutes long, progressively up hill.)

I actually couldn't believe what I was hearing and again was in shock so didn't say anything. If I'd have insulted him or talked back, he probably would have thrown me off the bus. I would have complained to the bus company, but I've been there before, and I know that absolutely nothing would happen. If I could go back, I would be as insulting as I possibly could be. What a complete prick! People might say that he works in a pretty dull profession and that his job isn't particularly fulfilling and that I should expect him to be a bit miserable. Welol, that's all well and good when you're working a desk job, but don't work with the public, if that's your attitude.

Another time, on a bus, I go to pay the driver for my £2 journey, but only have a £10 note. I didn't have any money on me before and had to go to the cash point to be able to pay for the bus. Three people get on before me, each paying at least £1.30 in cash and I go to pay with my £10er, apologizing for not having the correct change. In reponse I get a bus driver huffing and puffing, "typical student" he says, before telling me that there is absolutely no excuse for not having any change on me. "You're just like all the other students, can't even be bothered to walk up the hill." (The walk is about £20 minutes long, progressively up hill.)

Oooh you've hit a chord with me tcj

Here in Manchester when I get on a bus (which is not too often) and if I offer a tenner for my £2.70 fare, the driver usually tuts loudly and then proceeds to give me my change in coins.

Funny really.

People using public transport are generally a nightmare to be around.

Agreed!

Can't they just make trains a little bigger at rush hours? Some trains are ridiculously overcrowded...I'm sure if there was a report on telly about sheep or something being transported in such a way there'd be an outcry, but its alright for people ton trains at busy times!

People don't make it easier. One thing that really gripes me is them who sit on the aisle seat and put their bag/coat/whatever next to the window :angry2:

Also, people who having just stood at a bus stop for 10 minutes, wait until they get on the bus to start fishing through their bag for money/bus pass

Oh, another one, people walking side by side covering the whole pavement who don't move out of the way to let you past or people that just make no effort to give you the space to walk past them. I swear, it drives me insane. One day, one of these fools is going to walk straight at me without even attempting to move out of my way and I'm plain just going to punch him in the face. "Oh sorry, did you not see me in front of you as you walked straight at me taking up the entire pavement?"

That kind of dance music that takes a cheesy 80's track, rips its guts out, hires that virtual robobint to sing it and makes it worse. I have had to listen to @#/?ised versions of Poison (Alice Cooper), Sweet Child of Mine (Guns and Roses of course) and Hungry Eyes (some man) at work. And to make it worse, some tool at work complains about me putting on Hysteria by Muse when a customer goes 'Oooh not sure about this'.

I hate that tat. Whats worse is when there is a perfectly good dance tune(there are some) and you have some nob attempting to rap over it out of time sounding like a pilled up tos.er whcih no doubt it possibly is, I think the term is MCing.

Also people who cant use headphones on a bus usually playing above mentioned crap music

My father and I were going to Glasgow on Wednesday for the football and this being a Ryanair flight we should have expected something untoward. After recovering from the initial excitement at being stood in a queue next to Karl Kennedy from Neighbours, it turned out that myself and my dad were subject to an additional charge of 2 quid each as we had opted when booking the flight to check in online. We had forgotten to do this, turning up at the desk instead. To excuse the inconvenience of this terrible crime Michael O'Leary was going to do us for an additional four pounds.

The only thing that made the distasteful daylight robbery bearable was the fact that my father went and changed a fiver into small change and counted out the penalty in penny, five pence and ten pence pieces.

I know the teddy bear threads been closed but my current peeve is why on earth so much media attention has been focused and why 2 peers have flown out to Sudan try and get this woman freed from a 15 DAY sentence! Bloody hell the punishment isn't a punishment at all it's a bloody gimme!

Archived