BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Pet Peevs

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Agree, these things do happen sometimes, but, a goodwill gesture from them would have been appreciated. :angry:

Exactly. When I was stuck trying to get to Leverkusen not one person from BA even pretended to be interested. I know they don't give a monkey's but they couild be trained to pretend.

I know how you feel, Paul.

Many years ago I got stuck in KL with very little chance of getting out quickly. The airline person was giving me the brush off. So I lent over his desk and very quietly told him I'd come looking for him if he didn't get me on the next plane. VIP treatment all the way through the airport and onto the plane.

I wouldn't even think of trying that now :lol:

What's wrong with Krakow airport Phil? It was alright when I was there. You didn't get the "plastic glove" treatment did you? :lol:

When we left Poland every single passenger on two flights leaving was searched not once but twice . The resulting queues degenerated into a free for all - a real crush situation , half of which was on a flight of steps . I ended up getting seperated from my 12 year old lad ; him on the plane , me still in the airport . At this point the captain literally started to unload the luggage of those passengers still in the terminal and was ready to set off half full to keep to his schedule .

When it was all sorted out ( the captain eventually saw sense ) we were hours late and missed most of the first half of the Bolton game at Ewood ...... Never again :angry:

flaming d1cks that cant talk english or scottish when you you ring sky tv....kept asking for the number of my cow???? i swear i had no idea what he was on about until my girlfiend grabbed the phone and said it was my acownt number grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Telemarketers and my teenage offspring.

However tonight I discovered there is some benefit in being the parent of a teenager.

Psychologists say you are wasting your time arguing with a teenager as they have much more energy than yourself.

So tonight I put this pearl of wisdom to use.After 10 mins of some twaddle from some subcontinent telemarketer and equal twaddle from my teenage son an impasse was reached. The telemarketer called her supervisor who hung up on my finest teenager( :rolleyes::lol: ) approximately 20 seconds after engaging him in conversation.

Lenny Henry is a Peev all of his own. And do you think the starving want to see his big fat wife walking through the village ? She looks like she eats six roast dinners a day and they are trying to get by on a handful of rice - that's just taking the p1ss.

My main Peev ? The lack of law and order these days, and a grossly understaffed Police Service. (Notice I said Service , not Police Force).

I do have an urge to start chanting "You're just a sh_t Kenny Everett, a sh_t Kenny Everett, a sh_t Kenny Eeeverett......." whenever that talentless former junkie is on.

That kind of dance music that takes a cheesy 80's track, rips its guts out, hires that virtual robobint to sing it and makes it worse. I have had to listen to @#/?ised versions of Poison (Alice Cooper), Sweet Child of Mine (Guns and Roses of course) and Hungry Eyes (some man) at work. And to make it worse, some tool at work complains about me putting on Hysteria by Muse when a customer goes 'Oooh not sure about this'.

That kind of dance music that takes a cheesy 80's track, rips its guts out, hires that virtual robobint to sing it and makes it worse. I have had to listen to @#/?ised versions of Poison (Alice Cooper), Sweet Child of Mine (Guns and Roses of course) and Hungry Eyes (some man) at work. And to make it worse, some tool at work complains about me putting on Hysteria by Muse when a customer goes 'Oooh not sure about this'.

I effing hate dance music. It's the anthem of chavs and their listless existence.

• 2 weeks later...

Those motorway signs - they are never ever accurate.

Friday night going north on the M1 -

QUEUE AHEAD - 40
I've been in the f****** queue for 20 minutes and not done 40 yards so how the **** am I gonna be able to do 40mph?

Today going south on the M1

QUEUE AHEAD - 40

Absolute crap - there's not a car on the road, it's half 10 on a Sunday morning, sure enough 3 miles / 2 minutes later

END
Further down, guess what, a massive tailback going into the roadworks near Luton, 25 mins delay, not a word of warning from the crappy signs.
KEEP YOUR DISTANCE
my arse

• 1 month later...

Archived