BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Pet Peevs

People who use the word loose when they mean lose.
You can add “Blackburn Rovers are versing Liverpool next week” What the hell is versing?

Somebody's got their sums wrong then, I've never seen disabled bays anywhere near half full.

As the population ages (baby-boomers ageing), there will be more need for spots, so in fact they're planning for the future.

- The scourge of reality TV

- People on message boards who are too lazy to look down the page to see that there's already a topic started (I'm a mod on a South Sydney and a Sydney FC forum)

- People who pull out of a junction so slow that you have to slam on the brakes and then drive 20 km/h under the limit for no reason based on traffic or road/weather conditions.

- Group joke emails that your friends send out

- Group emails that have the words; "Make a wish and pass this email to six other friends and your wish will come true."

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Country/language specific but hey, people who split words when they are meant to be read as one. Thought full instead of thoughtful for example. This can lead to some funny reading in norwegian. Still annoying though.

Another thing (and this really angers me) is when people flash their headlights to make me move out of the fast lane so they can pass. I won't move. The rules state that you are supposed to use your indicator even if there is no lane further left (right in england then...).

• 3 weeks later...

Alright, got a few new ones all to do with the metro.

People on escalators who don't have the courtesy to do the standard thing and stand to the right to allow others to pass on the left. Another one I hate is when people try to get on before everyone has got off. As well as those who refuse to stand up from the foldable chairs when the carriage becomes packed.

People that use your toothpaste and then leave it coating the cap so that it become shard and blocks any more toothpaste coming out. Oh, and people that squeeze the tube in the wrong place. My tooothpaste is bent into a shape it was not meant to be, and the top has a load of nasty crusted toothpaste!

I should probably get a life...

People on escalators who don't have the courtesy to do the standard thing and stand to the right to allow others to pass on the left.

Never knew it was a standard thing. :huh: Is there an actual written rule somewhere?

(I`m not being sarcastic here either)

Never knew it was a standard thing. :huh: Is there an actual written rule somewhere?

(I`m not being sarcastic here either)

On the underground all escalators have signs all the way down them saying stand on the right. Granted in general escalators don't have rules but certainly the Underground does.

Discovering this Christmas it was cheaper to fly to Nice and deliver presents in person than to post them! :blink::blink:

Don't worry , Paul . After your favourite party has closed all the post offices and taxed the cheap airlines out of business it won't be an issue any more .... ;)

when you get to a queue, second in line and all you have to do is make a transaction that will take 10 seconds, yet the person infront of you is taking for ###### ever!!

people who miss pronounce names of people or places:

in the last few days i have heard "thomas rositzky" where the name is clear spelt rosicky :angry:

also, another one of my faves is greg rudeski - when spelt rusedski. this is my last one promise....lol

LAS vegas people, LAS!!!!!!!! not LOS, or LOSS but damn well ###### LAS. you wouldn't pronounce hollywood as HALLYWOOD. SO DON'T ###### PRONOUNCE LAS VEGAS AS LOS VEGAS!!

when you get to a queue, second in line and all you have to do is make a transaction that will take 10 seconds, yet the person infront of you is taking for ###### ever!!

people who miss pronounce names of people or places:

in the last few days i have heard "thomas rositzky" where the name is clear spelt rosicky :angry:

I'm pretty sure that's how you do pronounce it.

Anyway, I agree with your first point. Maddening!

LAS vegas people, LAS!!!!!!!! not LOS, or LOSS but damn well ###### LAS. you wouldn't pronounce hollywood as HALLYWOOD. SO DON'T ###### PRONOUNCE LAS VEGAS AS LOS VEGAS!!

No, no this one annoys me, but for the opposite reason. I know it should be lAs, but that isn't how anyone says it, it is essentially Los Vegas and it is really only English people who ever say Las, really annoys me.

people who don’t say thank you when I hold the door for them, its not 'king hard to open your mouth and say cheers mate, or even nod your head in my direction. Sometimes I actually have to refrain myself from following them and getting to their next door in front of them, just to slam it in their faces! ingorant ######!!!

Archived