BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Pet Peevs

......... people who park on disabled parking lots and are clearly not disabled, conversely the mind bogglingly stupid amount of disabled car parking spaces on car parks, are we expecting a unforeseen rise in disabled people? People who drive down the opposite lane of a MWay with full beam on, Sat night TV with it's mind numbing plethora of talent shows, conversely daytime TV with soddin homes abroad, endless DIY, Cooking and worst of all Springer type trailer trash chat shows, people driving whilst on the phone, car mirrors that when viewed from the rear are obviously not set to asssist the vision of the driver, burqa's particularly when the wearer is driving, 90p meter charges ..........

pause for more breath..............

Disabled bays should be 5 to 10% of parking provison because there are more disabled people driving because more disabled people can afford to drive than 10 years ago.

What gets right on my tits is this parent and child parking spaces filled by people because they once saw a child on the street feel that they deserve to park there.

Adverts for perfume and aftershave? When was it written they have to be totally bizare?

The Channel No5 advert with Nicolle Bloody Kidman ARRRGRHHHARRRGRHHHARRRGRHHHH its @#/?

Linx, the scent of desperate teenage boy.

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What gets right on my tits is this parent and child parking spaces filled by people because they once saw a child on the street feel that they deserve to park there.

A guy approached me on ASDA carpark one day, asking 'why i was parked in the mother & child bays'?

...i told him i was waiting for my mum. ;)

Oh thats effing brilliant, i'll remember that one.

Our local ASDA has a number of disabled bays with the hatching area to the side (it allows the Driver's doors to be opened fully) along the side of one of the car park roads, some clever people park on these hatched areas blocking the car doors. Arseholes.

4X4 driveres wo dont live on a farm or need them for their work. buy an estate if you need the room.

Cyclist's who dont have lights or wear reflective clothing.

Drivers who dont know how to pass cyclists safely - it means that we dont get crushed, and you dont get your car scratched - you gits

Cars that use Bus Lanes

Cold Callers

Recruitment Consultants

The Highways Agency

Stoke/Hanley

-Charity muggers: 'Do you have a minute for Concern/Oxfam/Save The Children/ADD?' 'No. I have ADD'.

-Drivers who don't let you out at junctions, thus allowing the traffic to flow-ignorant, sloppy driving.

-Drivers who don't acknowledge when you concede right of way.

-Telemarketers.

Litter by the roadside: if there is anyone on here who will admit to chucking litter out of their car will they please explain to me why they do it ?

Train station : for the umpteenth time (including the BBC), it's railway station.

Speeding drivers : average speed cameras need to be installed an every motorway/trunk road/dual carriageway in the country . Speed limiters to be fitted to all cars .

Company cars: why, why why is a government supposedly keen to promote its green credtentials continuing to subsidise these cars at other taxpayers expense ?

Graffitti : any silly bugger caught scribbling on walls should be made to clean it off.

Champions League : worse thing to happen to football since the abolition of the maximum wage. Get rid .

Taxes : 40 per cent higher rate raised to £100,000 and a new 50 per cent for those earning £500,000 plus.

That'll do for now. More later.

or spent the two weeks in an airconditoned room

Nice. That's my kind of holiday (being paler than pale and ginger to boot!)

I hate:-

People who think that cars hazard warning lights have actually been renamed to "park anywhere lights"

People who jump through red lights thinking they are ok

First Great Western who seem to just play at running a train company. The time table has changed guys, no need for every service to suddenly become delayed or cancelled is there? If you can't run to the new times, why f'in change them?

ASDA/Tesco who seem to create bigger and bigger stores yet still run out of the few items that I actually want.

Fat people who get on the train just before it's going to set off and insist on trying to cram their arses in the middle of the 3 seaters thus pushing one person into the window and one to fall off into the aisle.

People that go to night clubs, or sometimespubs, and seem incapable of urinating into a big oval bowel. It isn't that hard! Even if I had drunk double my body weight in Gin I don't think I could miss fire as badly as some of these morons. It is utterly disgusting having to walk through a load of ###### to get to the toilet.

People that smoke in public places, especially those that do it in places where those around them are queing and, as such, cannot move away from it. I.E bus stops.

People that mispronounce the most simple of words!! No joking, a BBC news presenter once said "pRehaps" instead of "perhaps." I've also heard SSN presenters say this as well. Oh, and people that say "pacific" instea dof "specific."

Linx adverts. "Spray more, get more." No spray more, intoxicate people with your fumes. I hate the taste you get in your mouth when somebody passes you with a ridiculous amount of aftershave or deodorant on.

People that go to night clubs, or sometimespubs, and seem incapable of urinating into a big oval bowel. It isn't that hard! Even if I had drunk double my body weight in Gin I don't think I could miss fire as badly as some of these morons. It is utterly disgusting having to walk through a load of ###### to get to the toilet.

People that smoke in public places, especially those that do it in places where those around them are queing and, as such, cannot move away from it. I.E bus stops.

People that mispronounce the most simple of words!! No joking, a BBC news presenter once said "pRehaps" instead of "perhaps." I've also heard SSN presenters say this as well. Oh, and people that say "pacific" instea dof "specific."

Linx adverts. "Spray more, get more." No spray more, intoxicate people with your fumes. I hate the taste you get in your mouth when somebody passes you with a ridiculous amount of aftershave or deodorant on.

'Intrigal' ('integral' or 'intricate'?)

'Vigual' ('vigil' or 'visual'?) That one's a favourite of Most Haunted, e.g. 'We moved onto our night-time viguals...'

Grrrrrrrr! <_<

Disabled bays should be 5 to 10% of parking provison because there are more disabled people driving because more disabled people can afford to drive than 10 years ago.

Somebody's got their sums wrong then, I've never seen disabled bays anywhere near half full.

Sore instead of saw does my head in! (Scousers are the biggest culprits btw) and people who pronounce accessory as assessory.

people who come here from foreign countries and get a free education at university when people who were born here have to pay thousands.

would i get the same benefits in another country? NO!!

Maybe I have got the wrong end of the stick but everything I understand about the system goes against that.

I think foreign students do have to pay to go to Uni here. The going rate for an Arts or Humanities course at Edinburgh uni is about £ 10k a year I think. Medicine can be around £ 18k. I don't think there is any way a foreign student can pay fees less than someone born in the country.

It's actually quite a big deal now as Uni's have realised you can make a fortune from foreign students so are encouraging enrollment.

EU students do not neccesariy have to pay 10k, instead just pay the same as UK citizens, but that is part of a deal where we get the same treatment in EU countries.

Oh, my pet peevs:

People who look for arguments for the sake of letting off steam.

Talking down to people.

Talking up to people.

Casual derision of others.

Second hand opinions.

Indulgent negativity, pessimissm and cynicism not warranted by personal experience (there is a certain irony airing this view on a pet peev thread. Ho ho.). This probably more than anything else.

That all makes me sound like some happy clappy PMA junky, which (I hope) I'm not, but really those things get me much more than anything else.

They've started putting disabled parking sports in Paris where you have to swipe a card in order to get the little bollard to move down, I think it is a great idea.

Now that is good.

Cyclist's who dont have lights or wear reflective clothing.

Any cyclist that isn't properly equipped or doesn't follow the Highway Code. You give us all a bad name

Drivers who dont know how to pass cyclists safely - it means that we dont get crushed, and you dont get your car scratched - you gits
I kid you not on this one. A quiet Sunday morning, I'm riding a quiet country road and just crested the hill where Spring Lane becomes Further Lane round the back of Mellor Brook. I'm wearing bright orange and the sun is out. Woman in a small red Rover pulls out of her drive, on my side of the road, sufficiently to look for traffic. I'm perhaps 10 metres away, she stops, looks again and pulls out. I end up in heap on the verge, she drives away. I just hope Santa misses your house.

Flopsy, to avoid being crushed ride 3 feet from the kerb. It's enough to force drivers to overtake correctly as they have to cross the centre of the carriageway, but only by a foot or so. It makes a huge difference, if someone does cut you up you have three feet to play with before kerbing it.

some clever people park on these hatched areas blocking the car doors. Arseholes.

I came across that one at The Reebok yesterday, first time I'd seen it.

people who come here from foreign countries and get a free education at university when people who were born here have to pay thousands.

would i get the same benefits in another country? NO!!

The majority of foreign students pay about 5 times more than UK students, and as a result are subsidising your study. (Which costs a lot more than you pay)

Footpaths that have a white line painted down them, and are then designated 'cycle paths' leaving enough room for only a very thin pedestrian to walk, no thought of families with buggies etc. :angry:

With the weekend in mind, Van Persie.....

(Drog, please let me know where these half-empty disabled spaces are because we can never find one when Mr Roversmum needs it....)

Students who throw wild, noisy, drunken parties every other week, displaying no respect for their neighbours. (And I'm a student...)

People who put their feet on the seats on trains.

People who bawl and shout for no reason. There is this woman who lives next door to me who is normally perfectly pleasant. However, when she addresses her children (who aren't exactly badly behaved) she feels the need to yell. I have no idea why.

Able boddied people who park in disabled spots.

People who used a family disabled sicker when the disabled person is not in the vehicle.

People who pull up outside asda etc in their cars, on yellow lines whilst their partner "nipps" is for 15 mins...

people who walk slowly along the pavement, but dont walk in a straight line, oh no lets weave all across the damn footway you fat gits.

That's my number one there. I'll never understand why people can't walk in a straight line. They dawdle, and then shift all over the place... and no-one seems to understand that the convention is that when you walk on footpath, you keep to the same side as you would if you are driving.

It's not just a made up convention. It's common sense. If you have no footpath, only road to walk on, would you walk with cars approaching you from behind, or in-front where you can anticipate them, and take evasive action? The rule extends to the *lanes* of a footpath.

Archived