BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Pet Peevs

People who drive arround with front fog lights on, in broad daylight.

What sort of person has blue lights on ther car? tossers.

People who drive BMW with a reg plate X5 nnn.

Drivers who slow down to let cars out of junctions WITHOUT looking in their mirror first. Gonna do one up the 'arris sooner or later.

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Taxi drivers who don't know were they are going

I once took a taxi ride home and when I got in was assured by the driver that he knew where he was taking me. It was a mistake, but because I was tired and it was late I just zoned out and didn't pay attention to where we were, only to suddenly realise that it was taking a while and that the meter was on 40 euros (for a 20 euro ride) and that I was miles from my house. In the end I had to give him 60 euros, he wouldn't leave unless I did even though he admitted that it was his fault and I frankly couldn't be bothered after a while to argue anymore. I wasn't best pleased.

Maybe I have got the wrong end of the stick but everything I understand about the system goes against that.

I think foreign students do have to pay to go to Uni here. The going rate for an Arts or Humanities course at Edinburgh uni is about £ 10k a year I think. Medicine can be around £ 18k. I don't think there is any way a foreign student can pay fees less than someone born in the country.

It's actually quite a big deal now as Uni's have realised you can make a fortune from foreign students so are encouraging enrollment.

EU students do not neccesariy have to pay 10k, instead just pay the same as UK citizens, but that is part of a deal where we get the same treatment in EU countries.

from what i've heard and been told, someone from pakistan can come into the uk, we give them income support as they have nothing to live on and the local athority will then pay their housing costs and education fee's free of charge and they don't even have to pay it back.

this causes less placements for british students and therefore increases the unemployment level.

for a family who has worked all their life who are british and born in this country, payed their taxes and n.i contributions, they have to pay thousands of pounds to put their child through uni and the only thing they can claim is a student loan which they have to pay back.

They still have to be educated to a particular standard.

Plus don't forget that if your parents were on the dole you wouldn't have to pay fees either.

Most of your friends will get their loans and debt paid off by their parents at the end of University.

I don't think worrying about "pakistani's" coming over here and stealing university places is something you should concern yourself with.

i just find it annoying how the goverment will bend over backwards to help illegal immirgrants and treat it's own people like ######.

another peev is folk who claim incapacity benefit when they are not really ill. a few years ago it used to the bad back syndrome but that was soon stamped out and the latest craze is people cant work because they have depression!! i mean depression for ###### sake!! what is the world comming to!!

i just find it annoying how the goverment will bend over backwards to help illegal immirgrants and treat it's own people like ######.

another peev is folk who claim incapacity benefit when they are not really ill. a few years ago it used to the bad back syndrome but that was soon stamped out and the latest craze is people cant work because they have depression!! i mean depression for ###### sake!! what is the world comming to!!

Don't believe everything you read.

You pay for University and it's value for money because you will have the best three years of your life, you can party hard all day every day. You will never have this much freedom in your life again.

Don't ruin it by worrying about foreigners. If a few people manage to move countries and get free education in the process then so be it. Good luck to them, thats what I say.

A depression is actually a pretty serious condition and should not be taken lightly. It can be seriously disabling to people. Don't let ignorance cloud your perception of people who may be suffering from conditions like that. There may be people who will claim benefits when they don't need them but this should not be enough to pass judgement on those who actually are in need of help.

I think you should stop right there Jansenpresty. Depression is a ###### serious problem for many people, including a few that are very close to me. It can ruin lives and that of others around them.

Some people might claim benefit when they are not deservant, but do not brand depression as some kind of imagined illness; it is very much real!

A depression is actually a pretty serious condition and should not be taken lightly. It can be seriously disabling to people. Don't let ignorance cloud your perception of people who may be suffering from conditions like that. There may be people who will claim benefits when they don't need them but this should not be enough to pass judgement on those who actually are in need of help.

i agree shevchenko, some people do have serious depression issues which are very sad and i have nothing against them at all.

the reason it has changed from the bad back to depression is the back problem doesn't affect all work and people were failing the examination and being transfered onto jobseekers allowance to find work.

depression is a mental case, and on medical grounds you cannot work in any field of employment with deppression mental issues.

all you need is a SICK NOTE from your GP and you can claim income support/incapacity benefits, dla, housing and council tax benefit, child benefit etc and probably get more money than if you were in full time employment.

the bottom line is you get more money claiming benefits and you dont have to work for it because people like me are paying for them by working all day and paying taxes so they can get their fix and go down the pub all day!! did you know you get given money for alcohol if you go to alcoholics anonymous!!

i agree shevchenko, some people do have serious depression issues which are very sad and i have nothing against them at all.

the reason it has changed from the bad back to depression is the back problem doesn't affect all work and people were failing the examination and being transfered onto jobseekers allowance to find work.

depression is a mental case, and on medical grounds you cannot work in any field of employment with deppression mental issues.

all you need is a SICK NOTE from your GP and you can claim income support/incapacity benefits, dla, housing and council tax benefit, child benefit etc and probably get more money than if you were in full time employment.

the bottom line is you get more money claiming benefits and you dont have to work for it because people like me are paying for them by working all day and paying taxes so they can get their fix and go down the pub all day!! did you know you get given money for alcohol if you go to alcoholics anonymous!!

I thought you were a student?

You aren't paying for anything

I thought you were a student?

You aren't paying for anything

part time student and i work 40 hours a week to.

i'm sorry if i offended you tcj_jones and i agree that some depression issues are upsetting and stress related cases are very serious matters indeed but some people are con artists and do what ever they can to get away with it.

I once took a taxi ride home and when I got in was assured by the driver that he knew where he was taking me. It was a mistake, but because I was tired and it was late I just zoned out and didn't pay attention to where we were, only to suddenly realise that it was taking a while and that the meter was on 40 euros (for a 20 euro ride) and that I was miles from my house. In the end I had to give him 60 euros, he wouldn't leave unless I did even though he admitted that it was his fault and I frankly couldn't be bothered after a while to argue anymore. I wasn't best pleased.

:o Are you completely daft? :o There would have been more chance of Glenn Miller landing in France tomorrow than me paying 3x the fare for someone else's incompetance.

I worked at the Department of Work and Pensions. If you honestly believe that people who get a 'SICK NOTE' are thereby entitled to child benefit then you're somewhat confused.

I spoke to a lot of people who were claiming incapacity benefit on the grounds of depression. Some sounded in serious trouble, some sounded like they couldn't be bothered. It isn't for me to make a judgement down the phone unless they're clearly trying to have me on.

I'd stop worrying that your taxes are going to people claiming false depression.

Also, I didn't realise my university was full of pakistanis here illegally getting a free education. I'll have to look harder next time.

I worked at the Department of Work and Pensions. If you honestly believe that people who get a 'SICK NOTE' are thereby entitled to child benefit then you're somewhat confused.

I spoke to a lot of people who were claiming incapacity benefit on the grounds of depression. Some sounded in serious trouble, some sounded like they couldn't be bothered. It isn't for me to make a judgement down the phone unless they're clearly trying to have me on.

I'd stop worrying that your taxes are going to people claiming false depression.

Also, I didn't realise my university was full of pakistanis here illegally getting a free education. I'll have to look harder next time.

so have i, as an fco which is probably wot you did? :lol: i hated it!! i know all the procedures and how people can claim what they want.

:o Are you completely daft? :o There would have been more chance of Glenn Miller landing in France tomorrow than me paying 3x the fare for someone else's incompetance.

To be honest there wasn't much I could do. He was unwilling to budge and he wasn't exactly a man I wanted to mess with.

'Intrigal' ('integral' or 'intricate'?)

'Vigual' ('vigil' or 'visual'?) That one's a favourite of Most Haunted, e.g. 'We moved onto our night-time viguals...'

Grrrrrrrr! <_<

A mate of mine says "expecially" instead of "especially." Completely does my box in. On the same note, what is the deal with people who pronounce foreign words and phrases like "en suite" they way they are spelled? You'd think they would realise how utterly gormless it makes them sound.

Pet peeves:

-People that take fag breaks whenever they feel like it in work.

-People who have stood waiting on a bus for ten minutes in the teeming rain and are then apparently mystified by the concept of having to pay to get on, and leave you standing out in the cold while they rummage around for change.

-People who cannot talk at a reasonable level. I'm sure your story is fascinating to you and your mates, but those of us on the other side of the pub really don't give a toss.

-People unable to navigate a pavement in a straight line or who feel the need to stop suddenly, or crowds of people who walk very_slowly in a big, walkway-blocking straight line to their destination.

-People in general (I swear I'm a borderline misanthrope).

People who run up thousands of pounds on credit cards then cant afford to pay it back because of "over commitment", then want to pay it back at £1 a month! - it makes everyone else's APR higher, and its hardly going to get them out of debt is it.

Companies such as Spectrum and Eurodebt who fool people into thinking they are helping them get out of debt!

Pensioners who claim they cant afford anything because they are now retired, yet have more money than me.

ITV - especially its late night quality programming - The Mint - what a rip off!

Old People driving - the majority are downright dangerous, 45 mph on the motorway :o !

Supermarkets with 40 tills and 6 people serving at peak times.

House prices and the lack of any concern from the government that first time buyers cant afford to get on the market unless they tie themselves to massive mortgages!

- Trains. Just in general, especially at rush hour (is it really too much to ask to make the trains just a little bit bigger at busy times), especially when they are late :@

- People who decide to play with their ringtones on a bus or something, yes we've all got the same ones, I don't care what they are.

- Market street in manchester. People who walk into you. People who stop walking in front of you. People who want to know if you've had an accident in the past 3 years. Well if people watched where they were going and stopped walking into each other, then there'd be less need for them to ask!

- Customers who complain that Ladbrokes is a crap bookies and Willy Hills pays more. Well good, go there, I'm really not bothered!

Drivers parking on the multi story in Blackburn , when it's busy and the car in front will stop and wait in front of you for about 3 mins because they spotted somebody getting in their car and are waiting for them to move out of a parking space.

Also staff on the multi story, when it's peak time for cars exiting the car park , only one exit is open.

Archived