BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Pet Peevs

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

People who forget to turn their lights on when driving in the dark. What annoys me more than that is when I forget to do it.

I have done that soooo many times in the past two weeks! The worse thing is I drive home thinking isn't dark tonight and then suddenly something clicks and I think better put my lights on!

I have done that soooo many times in the past two weeks! The worse thing is I drive home thinking isn't dark tonight and then suddenly something clicks and I think better put my lights on!

You're a woman, Hannah.

I would expect nothing less :rolleyes:

Edit spelling :ph34r:

The letter T is disappearing esp. with the younger end.

It's like a Manc. accent

e.g - see you later = see you layaah.

Probably got it from an overdose of Coronation Street.

you are in a crowded place and you are trying to get past some people, so you say "excuse me mate, i'd like to get past", so they stand there and look at you like your something out of mowbray lodge!! ignorant @#/?s.

on a general note though..."when you use your please and thankyou's and try to show respect to people everywhere, because it is a courtesy, but yet you don't get the same kind of respect back. that is probably my biggest peeve.

people who don’t say thank you when I hold the door for them, its not 'king hard to open your mouth and say cheers mate, or even nod your head in my direction. Sometimes I actually have to refrain myself from following them and getting to their next door in front of them, just to slam it in their faces! ingorant ######!!!

I'll usually just snidely say "You're welcome."

After being asked a question people who pepper their response with the word 'basically'.

Newsreaders/reporters who repeatedly say 'ah' in between words. "I think we can ah go to ah Julie who's ah at the ah scene" - Watch Sky News you'll see what I mean.

Football commentators who refer to 'Alec' Ferguson, I'm pretty sure he's called Alex.

Bad spelling - Flopsy take note.

Chavvy kids who insist on talking to each other in the manner of Ali G. 'Sumfink' 'Birminnum' 'Ax me a question'

Ainsley Harriott

Sections of our society who obsess about finding an element of racism in any event, news story or incident

Ainsley Harriott again.

Text speak and sloppy spelling/grammar/punctuation. I have one friend who has 2.1 degree in Accounting and French from Queens, is fluent in said language, was the most academically outstanding girl in my year at school and still writes like she's suffering from a strange cross of tourettes and dyslexia.

Shop assistants in electrical stores or mobile phone stores who you can guarantee will come over and ask you,

"Can I help you sir?"

or

"Are you alright there sir?"

when I have been in the shop for a matter of seconds. If on the rare occasion that I may need your help I will come and ask.

Dixons or whatever it is called now is a big culprite of doing this.

Members of this MB who change their names - they're usually idiots.

Couple that with members who create 5 different accounts so they can post sh1te and then have the cheek to take a pop at mods/admin when they get pulled up on it.

After being asked a question people who pepper their response with the word 'basically'.

Footballers doing post-match interviews are particularly bad at this sort of thing.

If it's not "at the end of the day", it's "to be honest" or (my current favourite peeve) "obviously". I'm sorry Peter Crouch (a frequent offender) it is NOT obvious! <_<:wstu::lol:

The idiot telesales man who has just rung up 3 times in the past half an hour asking to speak to my dad, despite the fact my dad hasn't lived here for over two years. He just wouldn't be told :angry:

We get one where the same crowd from New Delhi or wherever they're based call looking for a 'Mr McIlveen'. Nobody of that name has ever lived at our house (I even went into the filing cabinet and checked our title deeds). My dad had one going the other day when he claimed to be a copper investigating an 'incident' at the house. Why had they called? Where were they from? Why had they chosen this number? Did they know the occupant of the house? Who did they work for? Eventually the bloke on the other end was all for getting his supervisor before the old man told him he was free to go.

B)-->

QUOTE(Ste B @ Jan 21 2007, 22:42 ) 481875[/snapback]

Couple that with members who create 5 different accounts so they can post sh1te and then have the cheek to take a pop at mods/admin when they get pulled up on it.

Mods who lick Lee's asshole and ban people who Lee dont like

People who say soaps are "just like real life". No they are f_cking not, arsehat, when have your neighbours had an affair with their wife's mum, murdered a local councillor, married a paedophile and then bought a small business 3 months after going bankrupt?

Almost anyone aged between 10-18, as they are arrogant, lazy and stupid. They also have a suicidal streak as they cross the road without looking on a green light. No wonder there are so many schools in Scarborough near the cremetorium.

People who refer to sex as 'making love'.

The word 'moreish'.

Arsenal fans, especially if they still pronounce the W in their managers' first name.

Every English teacher I've worked with, as they have never taught me grammar or punctuation.

Scottish nationalists, as all they do is whinge about England and North Sea oil. Well eff off and stop voting to give England and Wales top up fees and other such nonsense. W_nkers.

Paris Hilton. Why?

B)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Ste B @ Jan 21 2007, 22:42 ) 481875[/snapback]</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->

Mods who lick Lee's asshole and ban people who Lee dont like

People who bitch about the rule, but will ultimately be get banned for.

1) Multiple accounts, one of which has already been banned.

wakefieldrawks, todd_could_take_tyson, Mortens_leftpeg aka Morten is God, judasmoreloyalthanneil, RobertsBanjodoor spring to mind.

2) Consistently posting illegal TV links.

3) A few posts today deliberatly trying to provoke another member (thenodrog) into tearing into you, Something that you've been doing for weeks - SEE HERE

4) Theres also a good few other posts which you've been warned about in the past by other mods.

5) Because we can.

p.s I don't know or care if Lee likes you or not, he has no say on how this board is run.

Archived