BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Last Night on Telly I Watched.....

Bought it whilst on holiday in Denver a couple of weeks back. Episode 17 is exceptional.

I got the HD-DVD version from the states. The unaired pilot is very good and a good commentary on it.

Watched Series 2 Ep 1 and it's another build up story with only a few things happening. Not keen on the direction they've taken with Hiro.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Last night I watched the first episode of the excellent Damien Lewis's new show Life. It's about a cop who gets sent down for murder and is finally released after twelve years of beatings and reading books on zen once it emerges that he was innocent. He's now back on the force with a whopping settlement in his pocket. It's quite quirky but it's also a nice fresh idea and his partner is absolutely smoking.

Episode 2 of 'Heroes' - heck !

Some genuine turn away moments and bloody awful Irish accents, but just marvellous.

Just one aggravation - the advertising has gone a stage further :angry: Not only do you have to suffer endless tickers at the bottom of the picture trailing the 'bionic woman' or 'journeyman' but they've gone a stage further. Before the last fifteen minutes are shown an announcement is made over the Nissan logo.

"The conclusion of this Heroes episode will be commercial free - sponsored by Nissan" (and guess what - Claire Bennet gets a new 'rogue' from her dad).

It's really annoying because the show's fantastic, and yes I'll be watching all of it.

"The conclusion of this Heroes episode will be commercial free - sponsored by Nissan" (and guess what - Claire Bennet gets a new 'rogue' from her dad).

It's really annoying because the show's fantastic, and yes I'll be watching all of it.

Eh? you must have got a different version to me there (or from a different area of the States) as mine didn't have that announcement. Also, the advertising sprawl only lasts 5 seconds after where the ad breaks should be. At least the downloads don't have the ads.

Oh and Michelle Ryan (from Eastenders) looks really quite nice in Bionic Woman. Not sure the series is going to take off though.

Eh? you must have got a different version to me there (or from a different area of the States) as mine didn't have that announcement. Also, the advertising sprawl only lasts 5 seconds after where the ad breaks should be. At least the downloads don't have the ads.

Oh and Michelle Ryan (from Eastenders) looks really quite nice in Bionic Woman. Not sure the series is going to take off though.

It was near the end of episode one, not in two.

Episode 2 of 'Heroes' - heck !

Some genuine turn away moments and bloody awful Irish accents, but just marvellous.

Just one aggravation - the advertising has gone a stage further :angry: Not only do you have to suffer endless tickers at the bottom of the picture trailing the 'bionic woman' or 'journeyman' but they've gone a stage further. Before the last fifteen minutes are shown an announcement is made over the Nissan logo.

I'm really loving this series, thought it was going in a totally different direction but this is just brilliant. Fantastic writing so far.

I agree about the ad's being annoying but i have no objection to a little pic of michelle ryan when i get to see heroes series 2 way ahead of the UK market. Until Sky buy the rights and then it'll be on the same week as america.

Until Sky buy the rights and then it'll be on the same week as america.

HA! no chance. Where's Eureka season 2? Wheres Weeds Season 2 let alone Season 3? Many others run way behind the US, but that's mainly down to the stupid 3-4 week breaks randomly throughout the run in the states. The Sky+ series link would never keep up with that!

And the BBC have an exclusive deal with NBC for Heroes and offshoots for several years.

Watched the doubleparter to the start of s4 of The Office (US version) at the weekend. Absolute class and Jenna Fischer - phew! Wish she was the receptionist at our office.

HA! no chance. Where's Eureka season 2?

It started this week - I think Sky2 is showing it tonight (or was it last night? Cant remember)

The Riches on Virgin 1 (Ch153 for Sky viewers) with Minnie Driver and Eddie Izzard looks like it could be rather good

Watched Top Gear on Sunday night as it began it's new series, from the clips they showed looks like some good stuff coming up.

Clarkson on fine form as he accused Fith Gear presenters of torching the warehouse where the Top Gear props were kept, thats why they had some granny chairs and no cool wall.

anyone watching the brotherhood on fx..watched the first episode last night and the ear slicing off was good viewing :P

I'm watching the Nature of Britain,and Natures Calendar.You can call the BBC,but when it comes to the natural world,they're the best.

Keep it up BBC.

Also the Tudors,although very far fetched,iT's riveting viewing,and it's great to still have a channel that doesn't hound us with constant adverts.

All we get on cable is American crime series being rammed down our tthroats to the point of ennui.Give me good intelligent viewing any time of the day.

Archived