BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Last Night on Telly I Watched.....

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I watched it and thought it was typical American cr^p . It didn't help that the credits were still being dished out 20 minutes into the programme . What's the point in that ? Bah ...

did you watch the second episode? I think crap's allowed its a word I heard on Radio 4 the other night.

I dont think the cheerleader needs much saving really.

Advice for checking ATMs:

Apologies as this is way off topic. BRB last week I came across an ATM with suncream "spilt" all over it. The guy in front of me advised I should wipe it over after I'd finished as it's a common trick for criminals to use this as a method of getting your pin. Any truth in that one?

Apologies as this is way off topic. BRB last week I came across an ATM with suncream "spilt" all over it. The guy in front of me advised I should wipe it over after I'd finished as it's a common trick for criminals to use this as a method of getting your pin. Any truth in that one?

Probably something on snopes.com (urban myth busting site) for that, but its feasible that they could get the 4 digits of your card number from it. Theres still too many combinations for it to be that feasible.

did you watch the second episode? I think crap's allowed its a word I heard on Radio 4 the other night.

I dont think the cheerleader needs much saving really.

Oh, I'd save her ;)

Its an excellent series, but it does take a bit of persisitence over the first few episodes whilst the story establishes itself.

American crap it may be, obviously Phil gets his rocks off to the Bill, Heartbeat and Eastenders.

Save DrWho (which i'm not really a fan of), theres precious little coming out from the UK television channles that can get near it.

I watched it and thought it was typical American cr^p . It didn't help that the credits were still being dished out 20 minutes into the programme . What's the point in that ? Bah ...

It's superior to anything churned out on this side of the Atlantic.

• 2 weeks later...

B)-->

QUOTE(Ste B @ Aug 5 2007, 21:16 ) 534577[/snapback]
Oh, I'd save her ;)

Its an excellent series, but it does take a bit of persisitence over the first few episodes whilst the story establishes itself.

American crap it may be, obviously Phil gets his rocks off to the Bill, Heartbeat and Eastenders.

Save DrWho (which i'm not really a fan of), theres precious little coming out from the UK television channles that can get near it.

Obviously Phil thinks the Royal and Two Pints of Lager is the pinacle of Televisual treats

Just finished Episode 6 due to being away for the past three weeks (god bless Sky +) its excellent, I'm desperately trying to avoid spoilers or trying too hard to work out whats going on.

Dexter continues to be disturbingly brilliant, but I expect Phil wont like it because its just not the Bill.

Any one watched Studio 60 on E4?

he's brilliant - I'm trying to work out who the killer is - I have a inkling its the Doctor who fits the false limbs, but thats too obvious, I guess we wont know till the last episode, and I expect Dexter to be found out by his sister

he's brilliant - I'm trying to work out who the killer is - I have a inkling its the Doctor who fits the false limbs, but thats too obvious, I guess we wont know till the last episode, and I expect Dexter to be found out by his sister

I've read the books. Not a terrible read, good idea, but the writer tries to stress too much about his not having any feelings, not knowing what they are.

It's superior to anything churned out on this side of the Atlantic.

Saying that about "Heroes" is a bit like saying Burnley are a better team than the Nobenders ......

Still as long as Flopsy and co are happy at being the latest-craze zombie like ratings fodder ..... :rolleyes:

Never seen that Heroes, but surely it is better than that last 'brilliant show' Lost.

Me? I'll stick to Mock the Week or wait for the series of Doctor Who without Catherine Tate. I'm not sure Ashes to Ashes, the follow up to Life on Mars sounds too good. Might be a bit like Blues Brothers 2000 when compared to the Blues Brothers.

I don't watch the TV that often, and the last series I tried to watch was Rome.

Never seen that Heroes, but surely it is better than that last 'brilliant show' Lost.

Me? I'll stick to Mock the Week or wait for the series of Doctor Who without Catherine Tate. I'm not sure Ashes to Ashes, the follow up to Life on Mars sounds too good. Might be a bit like Blues Brothers 2000 when compared to the Blues Brothers.

I don't watch the TV that often, and the last series I tried to watch was Rome.

Rome was very good .

Heroes is the result of a TV executive meeting on how to cash in on the Lost formula .....and Lost was a load of crap in the first place . Compulsive viewing for some , though ..... :rolleyes:

I know it's over 2 season's old but i really like Supernatural at the moment.

Yes it's typically american where as everyone in it is young and good looking and they always seem to know someone who knows what there up against ect....ect...

Yet for some reason im really liking it.

Rome was very good .

Heroes is the result of a TV executive meeting on how to cash in on the Lost formula .....and Lost was a load of crap in the first place . Compulsive viewing for some , though ..... :rolleyes:

Hmm the Lost formula? Lost isnt going anywhere and they're dragging the plot out for as long as they can.

Heroes has a storyline that does appear to be going somewhere. But you wont see that because you havent given it a chance.

Archived