BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Last Night on Telly I Watched.....

It makes you wonder why the doctor is so apprehensive when he's around lol.

The series as nearly finished again, No Dr who and no Rovers till August, how will i survive.Bring Primeval and Torchwood back,quick.

PS

I love musicals.

I promised to watch that SPACED on tv links, I forgot about that, but I so a box set in hmv and it does look good.

Series 2 "Let em have it" utter genius

as is the space cadet clubbing cycle courier

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hell's Kitchen USA series 3, (off tinternet).

You can never have enough of Ramsay, even though some of the more attractive hopefuls (Bonny and Melissa) don't half crawl up to him.

They had to cook breakfast for 100 soldiers and sailors. At the end Gordon shouts "did you enjoy breakfast?"

The whole room in full uniform at attention gave a thunderous "Yes Chef"

Great stuff.

So, was anyone else as disappointed as me with the last episode of Doctor Who? What was the point in making him look like Gollum for half the episode and then sorting everything out magically, just like Rose at the end of the first season.

Rubbish end to what could have been a good 3-parter.

So, was anyone else as disappointed as me with the last episode of Doctor Who? What was the point in making him look like Gollum for half the episode and then sorting everything out magically, just like Rose at the end of the first season.

My biggest fear was they would leave it open and carry it on to the christmas special.

The concept for the end was very good and i thought it nicely wrapped up the series, whilst getting rid of martha jones who had just started to grow on me as a character. I thought it could be the end for David Tennant with all the rumours in the sun about his exit. However it would now appear he will depart halfway through series 4.

The rose storyline made sense and was performed with so much passion. Whereas the Martha storyline was a simple yet improbable solution to his problem. Also i didn't know that a timelord could choose not to regenerate, i thought it was a "defence mechanism against death" and was automatic.

Only 6 months til the next episode :( , i wonder who the next assistant will be? Hopefully a nice blonde or a sexy brunette.

Only 6 months til the next episode :( , i wonder who the next assistant will be? Hopefully a nice blonde or a sexy brunette.

I thought it was meant to be Kylie in the Christmas episode.

I think he'll travel alone for most of the 4th season.

I thought it was meant to be Kylie in the Christmas episode.

I think he'll travel alone for most of the 4th season.

Kylie signs on the dotted line for xmas special

Dr Who will stay

and as flopsy said Martha in torchwood & half of season 4, with the additional line that there will be a new assistant and they will appear in the whole series.

Last of the Timelords was probably a bit of a disappointment in comparison to the previous 5 weeks - the most consistent run in the new series.

However, it was still head and shoulders above just about anything else on TV.

Agree with Biddy about Martha being a welcome addition to Torchwood. Just hope the general misery doesn't rub off on her! Although, RTD has admitted the series 'needs some work' on it, so hopefully series 2 will be a bit more witty than series 1.

Kylie signs on the dotted line for xmas special

Dr Who will stay

and as flopsy said Martha in torchwood & half of season 4, with the additional line that there will be a new assistant and they will appear in the whole series.

And today's Doctor Who announcement is that Catherine Tate will be returning for the entire season.

Three press releases in three days about three companions. Must be a record.

And today's Doctor Who announcement is that Catherine Tate will be returning for the entire season.

Three press releases in three days about three companions. Must be a record.

At first i thought :o and i didn't think it would work but after thinking back, she was great on the christmas special and i think she'll do a good job. Only problem is that she won't hang around for very long if she wants to do more of her own stuff. Another great coup for Mr Davies.

Kylie, Catherine & Freema, Mr Tennant is a lucky man! :P

Someone has just reminded me about Sally Sparrow, from 'blink', she was great and hot, it should have been her.

Grabs - Sky+'d it.

Catherine Tait, she's the unfunny one from The Catherine Tait show isn't she?

To be fair she was good in the christmas special.

Totally agree with Sally Sparrow :wub:. Blink was one of the best bits of tv i'd seen for a long time

I have been wondering this myself. Considering the BBC part own the series you'd have thought they'd at least mentioned it. Maybe they're waiting for it to finish in America first, then it'll come over here.

Half way through the new series on BBC now and I think it is as good as last season. Some interesting developments with the characters, Vorenus is still kicking ass! I like the fact they're putting two episodes on a week too.

Rome is good. I prefer its style to the theatre style of I Claudius and the older stuff involving 'proper' actors. I wonder if they'll continue the series to cover the subsequent rulers such as Nero, Caligula etc.

Rome is without doubt the best histo/dram the BBC has aired in years I recommend it to anyone. it’s a shame that HBO will not be doing anymore after this, even a prequel series could have worked imo. Without doubt all of the acting is top notch but a special mention has to go out to James Purefoy who plays Mark Anthony ( you can see why this guy nearly got the role as James Bond) Anthony displays psychopathic tenancies is a serial drinker, gambler , adulater has a mouth like a drain but is still an extremely likable character.

So gutted that these last handful of episodes will be the last ever Rome

The scene where Anthony bullies Cicero into nominating him to be governor of Gaul was quite good, especially when he just gets up and p_sses in Cicero's plant pot.

I reckon Pullo and Vorenus are going to end up killing each other in battle, as they support the two rival factions.

The scene where Anthony bullies Cicero into nominating him to be governor of Gaul was quite good, especially when he just gets up and p_sses in Cicero's plant pot.

I reckon Pullo and Vorenus are going to end up killing each other in battle, as they support the two rival factions.

I do actually know how it all ends but i will not spoil it for anyone. :blink:

Archived