BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Last Night on Telly I Watched.....

I'm taking the breadknife to the Dr Who exhibition on Saturday at the Museum in Manchester. Anybody been, any reviews from anyone? £6.50 each!

Anyone thinking of going to this-it doesn't last for long. Took us about 35-40 minutes to walk through it. It's only got exhibits from the Ecclestone shows onwards, no old stuff at all. Lots of orginal props and costumes, and a full size operating dalek, but overall a bit of a let down. Loads of overpriced tatt in the shop at the end though, unsurprisingly. Go in the OX pub on Liverpool Road after for some great beers-Taylors Landlord on draught ATM.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

anybody catch cape wrath last night? i missed the first 5 mins but caught up fairly quickly with what had happened!

was a brilliant show, thoroughly enjoyed it, cant wait till next week!!

also, last man standing, has anybody been watching this? i sky plussed the repeat of show 2 (stick fighting with the zulus) and watched it last night before epidose 3 (endurance race - which i have sky plussed). what a brilliant show, it must have taken incredible bravery to step in and fight the rival zulus when things started getting heated between the tribes!

just watched the Dr Who episode "Blink". Bloody hellfire that was rather good, I always thought statues were suspect

Actually, I can see a graveyard out the window, and one of the graves has a huge angel thing which is a bit suspicious. Must be about 7 or 8 foot tall. Better watch out if I walk down that road then!

I'm ashamed to say that I gave in to my wife and watched the ITV programme on Victoria Beckham. As an Englishman I cringed at her antics. If the American public take that as a typical of the British I will not be able to hold my head up in the US for a very long time. Totally cringeworthy. :angry:

I'm ashamed to say that I gave in to my wife and watched the ITV programme on Victoria Beckham. As an Englishman I cringed at her antics. If the American public take that as a typical of the British I will not be able to hold my head up in the US for a very long time. Totally cringeworthy. :angry:

You would though, wouldn't yah !

Dexter's rather good btw

Yeah interesting first episode, not sure how it can pan out but its something to watch before the next series of Heroes and 24 starts. (Though Heroes S1 starts on BBC in the next week or so.

Just watched the penultimate episode of Rome , its absolutely top drawer from the cast down to sets . One thing I don’t understand is that their only seems to be a few people on here that watches it, which I find strange as imo it’s the best drama on TV

Don't reckon much of your politics Bazza, but agree about Rome. Don't reckon much of American TV either but haven't HBO had a big say in this, and they were behind The Sopranos too I think : two of the few drama series I've made a point of watching over the past years. These Yanks are learning ;)

(Ste B @ Jul 18 2007, 22:23 ) Yeah interesting first episode, not sure how it can pan out but its something to watch before the next series of Heroes and 24 starts. (Though Heroes S1 starts on BBC in the next week or so.

And on BBC-HD too :tu:

Actually, having looked that's not all. Before Heroes is Top Gear - Polar Special and then afterwards there is "Heroes Unmasked". Nice one BBC HD. Giving us a worthwhile evening of TV.

By the way, did anyone catch the first in the new series of Hyperdrive? Seriously, why did the BBC bother? The first series was utter tripe so why on earth waste more money?

Tonight I have just finished watching Death Wish 3. What a rubbish film. Still, kept me off the streets.

Don't reckon much of your politics Bazza, but agree about Rome. Don't reckon much of American TV either but haven't HBO had a big say in this, and they were behind The Sopranos too I think : two of the few drama series I've made a point of watching over the past years. These Yanks are learning ;)

??

On seemingly every other thread on ICBINF, nowt to do with TV. Suppose the message is folk have widely different views so even those who are opposite in some aspects agree about others. Hmmm, getting all philosophical now. Digressed enough....... back to the telly

I too ended up catching part of the Victoria Beckham show late last night on ITV - what a totally worthless waste of space that woman is. I really think this should be compulsory viewing for all the Beckham wannabes, with a bit of luck it will transform their run of public adulation into what they deserve - scorn and derision.

On seemingly every other thread on ICBINF, nowt to do with TV. Suppose the message is folk have widely different views so even those who are opposite in some aspects agree about others. Hmmm, getting all philosophical now. Digressed enough....... back to the telly

This is a TV thread though, I haven’t mentioned politics so why bring it up?. I post in the relevant threads so if you don’t like what ive got to say don’t go to those threads , its that simple. I post in 2 or 3 threads in ICBINF that could be deemed political , along with lots of other members including mods & admin staff. Current there are 3 threads that could be deemed political & around a dozen or so of the other so don’t exaggerate.

Anyhow I don’t see why their was the need to bring it up in a TV thread where all I did was discuss TV, if you want to have a go at me , do it in the relevant thread at least

HBO did produce The Sopranos. American dramas are in another stratosphere as far as I'm concerned and completely dwarf the likes of Life on Mars and *shudder* Doctor Who (just two examples) in almost every aspect. Consider the amount of outstanding shows from the US and A: The West Wing, Six Feet Under, 24, ER, Studio 60, Heroes, Lost, The Sopranos, The Wire, Curb Your Enthusiasm, Entourage, Friday Night Lights.

By the way, did anyone catch the first in the new series of Hyperdrive? Seriously, why did the BBC bother? The first series was utter tripe so why on earth waste more money?

You can imagine the planning meeting for Hyperdrive.

Ok, lets redo Red Dwarf. Lets put 50% of the budget into the special effects, 50% into getting Nick Frost and get the writers with what's left from the petty cash tin.

Spaced in Spaced would have been fantatic, Mad About Alice in Space is every bit as bad as it sounds.

I still have it Sky+'d, just incase they do a funny one.

I still have it Sky+'d, just incase they do a funny one.

Well it didn't get any better last night so you'll be in for a wait!

Actually, why am I still watching it? It's one of those that I keep with in the hope there might be one good episode, at all, sometime, some where.

Just watched the final episode of Rome - absolutely bloody great series and the best thing on the telly for years. I won't spoil the end for those who haven't seen it (and nor should anyone else) but I thought it was a good way to wrap things up.

Pullo and Vorenus aside, my favourite character was the newsreader and I just wish that "our" newsreaders would deliver the news in the same succinct manner instead of prancing about in front of high techand completely needless swirling graphics. By god, it's like watching Anti Smiths Euro Fan with his pointless pictures sometimes with both BBC and ITV newsreaders going off on tangents and prattling on.

Roman newsreader on reporting Antony's fall from grace - "He worships dogs and reptiles. He paints his eyes with soot like a prostitute. Dances and plays the symbols in vile rites." Bloody brilliant.

Titus Pullo et Lucius Vorenus, ave atque vale!

Just watched the final episode of Rome - absolutely bloody great series and the best thing on the telly for years. I won't spoil the end for those who haven't seen it (and nor should anyone else) but I thought it was a good way to wrap things up.

Pullo and Vorenus aside, my favourite character was the newsreader and I just wish that "our" newsreaders would deliver the news in the same succinct manner instead of prancing about in front of high techand completely needless swirling graphics. By god, it's like watching Anti Smiths Euro Fan with his pointless pictures sometimes with both BBC and ITV newsreaders going off on tangents and prattling on.

Roman newsreader on reporting Antony's fall from grace - "He worships dogs and reptiles. He paints his eyes with soot like a prostitute. Dances and plays the symbols in vile rites." Bloody brilliant.

Titus Pullo et Lucius Vorenus, ave atque vale!

All that I can say about the series is awesome, in terms of script, casting/acting sets etc . I truly don’t understand why even though the series has not been recognised as one of the all time greats. For the stand out actor has to be James Purefoy (Mark Anthony), his portrayal was immensely funny yet also doomed and sad really. Vorenous & pullo have to go down as the one of the best double acts ever.

Absolutely gutted its finished forever lets have Rome the Movie centring on Caesars conquest of Gaul & his civil war with Pompey

All that I can say about the series is awesome, in terms of script, casting/acting sets etc . I truly don’t understand why even though the series has not been recognised as one of the all time greats. For the stand out actor has to be James Purefoy (Mark Anthony), his portrayal was immensely funny yet also doomed and sad really. Vorenous & pullo have to go down as the one of the best double acts ever.

Absolutely gutted its finished forever lets have Rome the Movie centring on Caesars conquest of Gaul & his civil war with Pompey

Apparently HBO have said their is going to be a movie, but since saying it there has been no more news whatsoever

Archived