BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Last Night on Telly I Watched.....

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Bob Dylan evening, Arena BBC 4. Till 11.30 and then recorded the rest. Delighted to find my 15 year old was interested, actually heard the lyrics, which I don't think I did at 15 and was questioning why Dylan would be booed after the first electric rendition of Maggie's Farm.

The performances from Newport were so powerful it was like hearing them for the first time - obviously some of it hadn't been broadcast before, but you know what I mean.

OK, this wasn't on TV, but I watched Green Street tonight. I have had it ages along with Football Factory and The Firm, but wanted to wait until I had a good TV set up until I watched it. I decided to start with this one as it was the first one I picked up.

What a film. Before I heard it, all I heard was how it was just "OK" and that Elijah Wood's performance was totally unconvincing. Well I don't agree. If a slight weakness, it didn't stop the film being absolutely superb.

I really, really enjoyed it and am looking forward to the other two.

Once I've seen them all, I'll come back and say which I thought was the best.

OK, this wasn't on TV, but I watched Green Street tonight. I have had it ages along with Football Factory and The Firm, but wanted to wait until I had a good TV set up until I watched it. I decided to start with this one as it was the first one I picked up.

What a film. Before I heard it, all I heard was how it was just "OK" and that Elijah Wood's performance was totally unconvincing. Well I don't agree. If a slight weakness, it didn't stop the film being absolutely superb.

I really, really enjoyed it and am looking forward to the other two.

Once I've seen them all, I'll come back and say which I thought was the best.

I think its @#/?.

Typicall Yank film , wait till you see Football factory, much better film. More true to life!

• 2 weeks later...
Who's line is it anyway re-runs on Dave(uktvgold 2).

Forgot how funny this show was esp Ryan Styles and Colin Mochri.

Same here.

I've been watching quite a bit of Dave recently.

Re-runs of QI etc are great!

Heroes Episode 7, the most incredible piece of television I've seen in a long time. The story brilliantly shifts one way and then onto a different tack, loads of surprises, and a reveal at the end that made me fall of the chair.

fanfarkingtastic.

I saw that one coming from a mile off.

Hopefully we've seen the last of the oirish and Sylar will finish off those 2 idiots.

Writers strike means that this "volume" will be finished after 11 episodes, and they've realised that they havent kept the pace fast enough this time round. Very similar in build up to the last series.

• 3 weeks later...

Anybody watched Setanta Sports News yet, funny to see how they have everything opposite to SSN.

The league tables are on the left instaed of the right and and the sports stories are at the top instead of the bottom.

Also read today that Kelly Dalglish is their top sports reporter.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived