BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Last Night on Telly I Watched.....

Apparently HBO have said their is going to be a movie, but since saying it there has been no more news whatsoever

Realy i was only saying that tongue in cheek, their is nowt on the Internet on it about, nothing even on the Rome website .

BTW Where & When did you hear about this hopeful news?

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Realy i was only saying that tongue in cheek, their is nowt on the Internet on it about, nothing even on the Rome website .

BTW Where & When did you hear about this hopeful news?

A couple of weeks ago I read it, I was trawling through the HBO messageboard, looking for something else. I dunno how much substance it would have...lots of the cast have now moved onto to other projects unfortunately

also ive been watching DEADLIEST CATCH....they have one seriously dangerous job.

One of the most dangerous, crappy weather and no sleep, an always interesting combination. extremely well payed though.

I've been watching the test match, which has been excellent all weekend. Mainly thanks to burnley's Jimmy Anderson and KP

Top Gear returns in the autunm, and it was in the paper last week, that for the show they have had another go at building amphibious cars.

But instead of going accross a lake they tried to get accross the channel to France, can't wait to see Top Gear back on tv.

Top Gear returns in the autunm, and it was in the paper last week, that for the show they have had another go at building amphibious cars.

But instead of going accross a lake they tried to get accross the channel to France, can't wait to see Top Gear back on tv.

There's a Top Gear special on tomorrow. They're driving to the North Pole.

Roman newsreader on reporting Antony's fall from grace - "He worships dogs and reptiles. He paints his eyes with soot like a prostitute. Dances and plays the symbols in vile rites."

His British passport is in the post no doubt ....... :unsure:

Excellent series I must say , great stuff from the two actors playing Pullo and Varenus - never seen them before .

The only drawbacks were the storylines involving the mother and daughter characters - can't even remember their names .

Oh yes ...and the lad playing one of the greatest Romans of all , Marcus Agrippa , was hopelessly miscast .

Besides that ...brilliant :)

Watched the Beckham programme on ITV. I tell you what, if you didnt know anything about football or hadn't watched the last Real Madrid game you would have thought that he won that game single handedly. Very good editing.

Excellent series I must say , great stuff from the two actors playing Pullo and Varenus - never seen them before .

Kevin McKidd played the Scottish guy in the excellent Dog Soldiers. He also had a brief role in Kingdom of Heaven but there's no need to hold that against him.

Kevin McKidd (Vorenus) also played the ill-fated Tommy in Trainspotting (Archie Gemmill's goal, toxoplasmosis, etc). As it happens, I rather enjoyed Kingdom Of Heaven.

Ray Stephenson (Pullo) has mainly done TV-for-thickos (The Bill, Peak Practice, etc) but appeared in the rather poor King Arthur. Doomed to failure that film - anything with Clive "Charisma" Owen in it is just going to be bloody awful. Children Of Men - great idea and quality production brought low by his moping face and inability to deliver a line properly. Same goes for that David Morrissey who's currently in Cape Wrath. Jeez, he's a glum bugger.

As for BP's comments on Agrippa, agreed. Although they were right to cast a younger man as Octavian's right hand man (unlike other productions that usually cast him much older), they might at least have picked somebody who had some acting talent. Hmm.

Hero's tonight on BBC 2

Like many on here, already seen all 23 episodes. Each episode has an 'Aww F**k *ff' moment where you grin and can't believe what just happened but Christ is it full of holes.

Strange seeing it get the full trail treatment on the Beeb when you've already watched it - odd.

As for Clive Owen, he'd better not knacker 'Elizabeth - The Golden Age' later this year.

Strange seeing it get the full trail treatment on the Beeb when you've already watched it - odd.

And advertising on Radio 1 this morning suggesting it's new tonight on BBC2. That's of course unless you've watched it on Sci-Fi or downloaded it even before that.

Still, I'm watching it again.

Actually, talking of downloading, just watched Episode 3 of Eureka Season 2. I'm still really enjoying it, shame Sky aren't showing it as quick as the first season. We were only 1 or 2 weeks behind the US but they are not even advertising this season yet.

And advertising on Radio 1 this morning suggesting it's new tonight on BBC2. That's of course unless you've watched it on Sci-Fi or downloaded it even before that.

Sci-fi (UK) have been averaging around 425,000 viewers - by far the largest figures the channel has ever achieved. On top of that, there's maybe a few more thousand (say 10k tops) who've downloaded.

The Beeb will be hoping for figures in excess of 3m, so for the vast majority of viewers it will be totally new.

4.1million the beeb's claiming. What's scary is that there is 3 million retards in this country who watch big brother

Sky+'d will watch them tonight.

3rd series of House is as excellent as the previous 2

Watched the new series of The Real Hustle on BBC 3 last night, I watch to see how easy it is to get conned and also makes you more wary of if something is too good to be true it probly is.

I have seen this before. I wont watch it again though because it frightened me to death. Would rather not know what they get up to because I would be to scared to do anything or speak to anyone when I went out.

I have seen this before. I wont watch it again though because it frightened me to death. Would rather not know what they get up to because I would be to scared to do anything or speak to anyone when I went out.

It does make you think twice about things especially cash machines and how easy it is stick a device on the front to read your card, I always check them now.

It does make you think twice about things especially cash machines and how easy it is stick a device on the front to read your card, I always check them now.

Advice for checking ATMs:

- only do it when its broad daylight and other people are around and try and do it subtley.

- do it by running your hand over all facia and the slot; it anything feels loose or doesn't seem to fit with the rest of the machine, avoid using it.

- pay particular attention to the top ('roof of the hole') of the of the machine, cameras are most likely there.

- avoid using ATMs that are facing into populated windows - eg opposite pub windows. Criminals tend to send in the windows to observe activity.

- if you do find a device, do NOT try and remove it. Advise the branch staff (if open) immediately or telephone the police, but do so in a fashion that doesn't draw attention to yourself. There are incidents where the individuals who've placed the device have attacked anyone who's tampered with them.

- be wary of any sign saying 'out of order' (eg handwritten ones) unless the ATM display itself says as such. This could be a way of channelling customers to a compromised machine. Genuinely out-of-order ATMs will invariably be closed down with the display saying so.

However, the vast majority of cash machines and withdrawals are incident free. So don't have nightmares. :)

Finally got round to watching the first three episodes of Heroes last night. All I can say is :tu: How excellent, a programme that makes the audiance think, that doesnt drag you around by the nose but lets new things surprise you, lets you try and work out whats going on and has introduced my favourite TV character for a long time. Hiro.

I can't wait to watch the rest of the series.

Archived