BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Last Night on Telly I Watched.....

Flopsy

He's trolling as usual, hasnt watched the program, has no intention of watching it but is going to try and get a reaction from you, and then go "oh look thats why FlopMod isnt fit to be a mod blah blah blah."

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

if its a choice between another argument with our resident hider under a bridge member or having to read TD 19/06 Requirement for Road Restraint Systems which is what Im doing at the moment, its Pippy all the way for me.

B)-->

QUOTE(Ste B @ Aug 28 2007, 12:39 ) 541979[/snapback]
Flopsy

He's trolling as usual, hasnt watched the program, has no intention of watching it but is going to try and get a reaction from you, and then go "oh look thats why FlopMod isnt fit to be a mod blah blah blah."

Glance up at the top of the page , Mr Admin , and you'll see the FlopMod cast the first stone .

Now what was you saying about trolling ....? :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...
Dairy Milk is mingng though. Milka and galaxy are the way forward. Although in New Zealand they have Dairy milk with Cashew Nuts in. Yum.

I want to try the new Toberone fruit and nut flavour.I love my fruit 'n'nut.

Anyhow back to telly.I'm watching the Bond double bill on itv 2.

A night with the bond babes,especially Halle berry are just what the doctor ordered.

Over the weekend started to watch "Heroes" on the Beeb's catch up weekend.........went to bed halfway through Saturday's which seemed to spend interminable amounts of time introducing or "back-grounding" the characters. Read the paper on Sunday. Glad to say I haven't wasted any more of my life on this one. Like "Lost", which was significantly worse, it's designed to draw you in, wanting something to happen and desperately watching each episode in the hope it will. I've managed to avoid it this time, which I didn't with "Lost" for about 2.5 series..................phew!!

Why does the BBC finds it necessary to buy in TV which is clearly designed around advertising when it's more than capable of commissioning better programmes? Though the Beeb is responsible for "Silent Witness!!"

The BBC find it neccessary to buy in this kind of program as it's been the hit of the year. Far more people are loving it than hating it so it is a ratings winner. I think that makes perfect sense therefore for them to show it.

I don't understand your comments about it being based around advertising. What advertising?

Got to admit though, I didn't understand the catch up weekend as anyone would have got bored with it. Heroes is very slow to get going and seeing them back to back would have been quite mind numbing.

For those who have stuck it out, I think this past weeks is where it really starts to get going in ernest.

The BBC find it neccessary to buy in this kind of program as it's been the hit of the year. Far more people are loving it than hating it so it is a ratings winner. I think that makes perfect sense therefore for them to show it.

I don't understand your comments about it being based around advertising. What advertising?

Got to admit though, I didn't understand the catch up weekend as anyone would have got bored with it. Heroes is very slow to get going and seeing them back to back would have been quite mind numbing.

For those who have stuck it out, I think this past weeks is where it really starts to get going in ernest.

I think Paul means based around Ad breaks ? Rather than the program being full of product placement (though there is obviously some for the Nissan Versa in there)

Slow burning which is begining to pull all the threads together. I'm really really enjoying, much more so than I ever did Lost.

I've seen about 2.5 episodes on Saturday and as you said it was mind-numbing, nothing happened. It's obviously American and in its home market I presume would be chopped up into shorter bits. I felt the format is long and drawn out in order to sell as much advertising as possible. Basically suck the audience in and keep them hooked for as long as possible to sell more adverytising - which seemed to be the premise behind Lost.

It is!

I'm not trying to be super critical. I missed the start of the series and never got into it. I wanted to watch the catch-up weekend and get into it. My wife watched the whole thing till 1.15am Sunday morning but didn't bother on Sunday night. I think this has been on for about 6-8 weeks and you are saying it really got going in ernest this week? I think that is long and drawn out!

Archived