Modi

TV money v KO Time  

213 members have voted

1. 1. What are your views on the Leverkusen 6pm KO

• I understand the club's logic and will be going
    • I understand the club's logic but the KO time prevents me from going
    • I'll be taking time off work to attend and don't like this
    • I'm annoyed with the club, the fans shoud come first

Perhaps we've had too much European football lately...........

Come on, guys, it doesn't happen every week, or even every year! "Where there's a will, there's a way" as Granny used to say.

Quit the moaning, get yourselves to Ewood and let's make it a night to remember for all the right reasons!

yes but people like me won't be able to get to Ewood for that stupid kick off time, thats why we are moaning

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

a section of disgruntled home support.

The section being majority if not all S/T holders unfortunately Rev.

Tremendous idea by the club but just can't help feeling it will have an adverse reaction - regardless of the freebie tickets.

I will be struggling to make it on time as I also work in Manchester, and unfortunately some people will not be able to accommodate this as an holiday in their yearly entitlement. In addition the £1 for kids will be irrelevant if the parents can't get to the game on time.

I can empathise with Abbey as I know what a nightmare Wigan is to get into and out of and not even at rush hour, the rush hour being where is where I can envisage there being more problems eg traffic, than people are anticipating also bulid up of crowd outside the ground -the game kicking off and still many left outside - could end up with a nasty situation.

Also, will we get tickets sent automatically or will we be able to use our S/T as normal?

I can't see there being a huge crowd for this due to the early kick off time. The free tickets only apply to 12,000 season ticket holders and the walk on prices aren't a huge incentive unless you're taking along a few juniors which at a quid each is obviously excellent.

I've no strong views on this either way really, Leverkusen would obviously want the match screened live back home and the Club obviously decided they wanted the live German TV money no matter what and that was that. It does smack to me though of our usual policy of pandering to the whims of the away club and hang any inconvenience to our own supporters. There will undoubtedly be a lot of fans who can't make the earlier time and it becomes irrelevant then then whether tickets are free or 50 quid, you just end up with a section of disgruntled home support.

Correct me if Im wrong, but how exactly are Leverkusen FC involved in this? German TV want to give us a sum of money to have the match on TV. Nowt to do with Leverkusen.

We are doing the typical thing of pandering to Television companies. Nowt to do with the away club.

I can empathise with Abbey as I know what a nightmare Wigan is to get into and out of and not even at rush hour, the rush hour being where is where I can envisage there being more problems eg traffic, than people are anticipating also bulid up of crowd outside the ground -the game kicking off and still many left outside - could end up with a nasty situation.

Also, will we get tickets sent automatically or will we be able to use our S/T as normal?

capt i cover the wigan area ...but i do it from a desk in liverpool.

Given the reaction on here, Stu, no doubt there would be a sizeable amount of moaning that 'supporters' cannot come for various reasons whatever the time or cost.

So if the club have been offered a decent sum to play the match at 6pm - and they don't make these decisions lightly as we know - who can blame them for making that decision.

MUM I AINT "MOANING" just for moaning sakes ,its agod awful kickoff tiime and stinks.

why not go the whole hog and kick off at 11am for usa telly or 4am for aussie telly .it dont matter because if you want to go but struggle for time off because of an insane kick off time then your a moaner.

its like that other snob accusing people who cant afford to go of not being true fans.

Anyway abbey just think how long you lot will have in the pub after. :tu:

btw

1.. What time was the Krakow ko .... presumably to accomodate TV?

2. What time was the Feyenoord ko.... ditto?

Think on! It's not just us is it?

One thing that does irk is that all this is simply for the benefit of the zillions of european backsliders who watch games in the pub.

Given the reaction on here, Stu, no doubt there would be a sizeable amount of moaning that 'supporters' cannot come for various reasons whatever the time or cost.

So if the club have been offered a decent sum to play the match at 6pm - and they don't make these decisions lightly as we know - who can blame them for making that decision.

if the club have really made this decision to kick off at this stupid time, like you are mentioning, i think they are kicking themselves in the back.

They are preventing die hard Rover fans like me not attending such an important match like this, which to me stinks big time

Yes I am moaning about the kick off time. Ill try and get time off but its by no means certain I will. I have been to every UEFA home and away tie so far and I think I am entitled to be annoyed that despite this commitment I might not be able go to the game. So I must be one of those 'supporters', what do the quotes mean exactly anyway? Football for me is a fans game not a TV game, I know that seems hard to believe in todays football. Attendences are dropping for mulitple reasons and a stupid kick-off wont help.

I know, Abbey, but trouble is, sometimes it gets me down. There are plenty of times I'd love to go to matches but can't for various reasons. Midweeks are dodgy for a lot of people whatever the time. I would never say that people aren't 'true' fans but I don't see that the club really has any alternative and it the Board's position I would probably have made the same very difficult decision.

capt i cover the wigan area ...but i do it from a desk in liverpool.

Still as bad Abbey :P

However, I understand your frustration but I suppose its one of the situations you have to take on the chin and as Roversmum says its not as if its every week.

Unfortunately - Rovers have had to make a decision which is all part and parcel of the game now which we have been accustomed to which bears no regards to the Fans inconvenience.

lol. good way of thinking about it mate. shame i have to drive back home. mind you maybe I could just go to work, watch it on TV and have a few beers.

btw

1.. What time was the Krakow ko .... presumably to accomodate TV?

2. What time was the Feyenoord ko.... ditto?

Think on! It's not just us is it?

One thing that does irk is that all this is simply for the benefit of the zillions of european backsliders who watch games in the pub.

i understand the kick off times to be around 6:00(GB time) in places like Krakow and Feyenoord because of the time difference, but to make the kick off time 6:00 for a game at Ewood is just damm silly

lol. good way of thinking about it mate. shame i have to drive back home. mind you maybe I could just go to work, watch it on TV and have a few beers.

makes no difference gord ,i dont go to the after games midweek any more because im driving at 6am to liverpool and i dont want a d and d

I know, Abbey, but trouble is, sometimes it gets me down. There are plenty of times I'd love to go to matches but can't for various reasons. Midweeks are dodgy for a lot of people whatever the time. I would never say that people aren't 'true' fans but I don't see that the club really has any alternative and it the Board's position I would probably have made the same very difficult decision.

why can't they kick off at 7:45?, ok they might not get any television rights, but they will be loosing out on what could be a nearly full attendance at Ewood

sorry mum wasnt having a go at you over true fans ...other women oops woman on here does and it riles me. :tu:

i understand the kick off times to be around 6:00(GB time) in places like Krakow and Feyenoord because of the time difference, but to make the kick off time 6:00 for a game at Ewood is just damm silly

I'm not with you there. Why is it silly again?

why can't they kick off at 7:45?, ok they might not get any television rights, but they will be loosing out on what could be a nearly full attendance at Ewood

Nearly full attendance? On a Wednesday night? In what dream? There will probably be about 12k as opposed to about 16k. 4000*£15 or £60,000. I suspect they'll have negotiated substantially more than that to move the game.

I'm not with you there. Why is it silly again?

because fans like myself will not be able to attend the match, thats why it's bloody silly

Nearly full attendance? On a Wednesday night? In what dream? There will probably be about 12k as opposed to about 16k. 4000*£15 or £60,000. I suspect they'll have negotiated substantially more than that to move the game.

i think there could be a nearly full attendance yes, for such an important game like this, especially with Rovers lowering the prices, but at the kick off time being at 6:00 the ground will be half empty

1. I doubt very much a full house or anywhere near to it.

2. Do you know the figures that the TV are offering?

3. Do you know whether or not all teams in the UEFA cup are contractually obliged to set KO times as required by the TV companies or not? I dont know but it may not even be the Rovers decision.

Look 60,000 Man U 'fans' manage to get from London and the South Coast to Manchester every other week for Utd games. If they can do it, so can we :P

I'll get to work an hour or so early and leave early, although its a bit of a trek on the M62 / M66 from Huddersfield.

I guess it will be a pain for a lot of fans but then I guess quite a few will prefer the earlier kick off times. People with Children, postmen etc. But it would be interesting to know what the difference in TV revenue and a 6pm KO and a 7:45 KO and no TV revenue but a bigger crowd would be.

Look 60,000 Man U 'fans' manage to get from London and the South Coast to Manchester every other week for Utd games. If they can do it, so can we :P

I'll get to work an hour or so early and leave early, although its a bit of a trek on the M62 / M66 from Huddersfield.

I guess it will be a pain for a lot of fans but then I guess quite a few will prefer the earlier kick off times. People with Children, postmen etc. But it would be interesting to know what the difference in TV revenue and a 6pm KO and a 7:45 KO and no TV revenue but a bigger crowd would be.

I prefer the earlier kick off time. It means I'll get home about midnight rather than 2am, which is a lot when you have to be up at 6 for work. And although Manure do have a large Southern support, on the motorway there're generally more Liverpool coaches comeing from the South then Manure ones!

Archived