1. 1. What are your views on the Leverkusen 6pm KO

• I understand the club's logic and will be going
    • I understand the club's logic but the KO time prevents me from going
    • I'll be taking time off work to attend and don't like this
    • I'm annoyed with the club, the fans shoud come first

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now going back to the 6pm kickoff ,last night i had to go down audley and towards the ice rink towards ewood at 5ish,the same time as everyone will be arriving at ewood and it was bloody horrendous.Cant wait for an extra 7000 cars hitting blackburn in rush hour.The m65 is busy at that time as it is.I can see total gridlock.

no more rants ,i will do my best to leave early but the kick off sucks big time....like i said cant wait for 3am kick offs .

Abbey this is exactly what I was referring to with other problems (adding to that a possible build up at the turnstiles and no delay in k/o)... :(

However, think its a wait and see scenario as its the cashcow thats the 'important' element at the moment. In addiition, hopefully it won't be over with in the first game as this could affect it either way.

If it was free it would be, It is no longer financially viable to hold a season ticket due to the amount of games I would miss due to work. Im not paying to watch a football match which I could miss 20-40 mins of.

Not to be rude but sometimes holding down a full time job means I have to miss a football match. Am I ###### off I might have to miss it YES. But if I have to work that day I have to work that day end of story.

That's fair enough Seggie, but you can't bemoan Rovers for taking £650,000 for TV right's on this game. In fact it's bloody more money than what we received for Grabbi.

Quite a few of us from Northern Ireland are going to the game regardless of kick-off times, but then we have to plan ahead and take an early flight so we are in time for kick-off. I also work full-time job to keep myself living, but I along with 2 other members (all full-time workers) are taking off 3 working days so that we can attend an U18 game and also the Portsmouth game! This is our choice and could feck up plans for a good holiday in the summer, but at the end of the day I know it will be worth it.

Surely your company aren't the measilest buggers in the world that they couldn't allow you to go into work 1 and 1/2 hours early so that you can leave 1 and 1/2 hours early. Well if they can't agree to that, then my friend you have to really think how much this company thinks of you and nothing more than a number to them at the end of the day. I know out my past employers I worked on this basis if I needed to go away anywhere and bent my back for them at the same time.

But really, I hate it when I see fans sl@gging off their club, for all that they do for their supporters and I'll take off my so-called 'perfect hat' and say fair play to Mr Williams et al for taking the £650,000!!!

Onwards and Upwards!

:rover::brfc::rover:

Some of your posts really do make me laugh

Do many of you really think a 6:00 mid week kick off is going to attract a bigger crowd then a 7:45 or 8:00 kick off time get real.

Ok the kick off time is good for the kidds but many of them won't be able to go anyway because their parents will still be at work and won't be able to take them.

As for me booking time off work i rather stay them days for watching Rovers away matches like Europe or London i should not have to bloody take half a day off or couple of hours off to watch Rovers play Ewood that is just bloody damn rite crazy.

If anyone has suggestions for other options on the poll, let me know.

"I understand the clubs logic and will be attending and I'm taking time off work to do so, which is a pain in the arse but this is probably a one off" is a good option for me Paul. (did you get my pm by the way?)

Its down to personal choice whether you book time off or not.

I book time off to go to european aay games, and to midweek league games if I have to. Its only the same but we're at home

Granted its not ideal for ALL fans but you could say the same about 7-45pm kick offs, or Sunday SKY games.

IF YOU CANT MAKE IT, OR NOT WILLING TO MAKE IT - THEN DONT GO! Whats the point coming on here moaning your head off at the kick off time? Its not going to change!

Its down to personal choice whether you book time off or not.

I book time off to go to european aay games, and to midweek league games if I have to. Its only the same but we're at home

Granted its not ideal for ALL fans but you could say the same about 7-45pm kick offs, or Sunday SKY games.

IF YOU CANT MAKE IT, OR NOT WILLING TO MAKE IT - THEN DONT GO! Whats the point coming on here moaning your head off at the kick off time? Its not going to change!

You're lucky. I only get not to book time off for midweek games if they're London- or Watford!

"I understand the clubs logic and will be attending and I'm taking time off work to do so, which is a pain in the arse but this is probably a one off" is a good option for me Paul. (did you get my pm by the way?)

Well vote option three then ;)

Yep got the PM bob, sorry I should have replied. I've offered to do it Saturday afternoons for 25% less (as we never use it at that time) I'll ask Mr Williams when I see him.

I think we, and I mean Premiership clubs, lost the right to complain about kick off times ages ago...

How many have there been already to complain about in the last season and a half already? 12.45 away at Southampton? 8.00 Pm away at Charlton? etc...it's all about paying the piper who plays the tune, or summat like that.

If anyone has suggestions for other options on the poll, let me know.

Paul how about something along the lines of

'I understand the club's logic but the KO time will probably mean I am late getting to the game due to work or other commitments'

Paul how about something along the lines of

'I understand the club's logic but the KO time will probably mean I am late getting to the game due to work or other commitments'

...or how about 'I have had to accept that using holidays from work to attend midweek/non Saturday games has become increasingly necessary in recent years and, therefore, this game will be no different in that respect'.

Whats the point coming on here moaning your head off at the kick off time? Its not going to change!

Its a discussion board thats why. Whats the point in the transfer rumor page, its not going to get a player signed!

Annoyed that I am probally not going to make it. Depends on what contracts work have in at the time I guess. (anyone at ewood want to book a software testing campagin that has to be done on site, please contact me and we can arrange it for then - Lee you need the offical site load testing? - i wish). I have to say, for that amount of money Rovers would be mad to turn it down. Sad reflection on the business football is though.

Yes but wants to point going on and and on and on about it!?

if you cant make it DONT GO

if you can, then great - get down to ewood and generate a top atmosphere, roar the boys onto victory

I'd love to think what a Shrewsbury fan (or similar standard) thought of of rovers fans complaining because their team was going to be beamed all over Germany in a EUROPEAN cup competition!!

Lets make the most of what we have, and enjoy it! ffs

Lets make the most of what we have, and enjoy it! ffs

Thats the point though isnt it. The people who are annoyed about it (like I said before I accept the club made the right decision) are those who cant BE there to enjoy it.

Anyway end off. If I have to rush to a pub after work to watch it on TV on my tod then thats what ill do.

Now going back to the 6pm kickoff ,last night i had to go down audley and towards the ice rink towards ewood at 5ish,the same time as everyone will be arriving at ewood and it was bloody horrendous.Cant wait for an extra 7000 cars hitting blackburn in rush hour.The m65 is busy at that time as it is.I can see total gridlock.

650k was simply money Rovers could NOT turn down..like Paul states it equates to a full house paying £21!! :tu:

I have to say Abbey you are spot on about potentially massive traffic problems around Ewood at that time....if anybody's travelling a distance for gods sake get to Ewood early if you can.

got a call of Blackburn Rovers today, they wanted my comment on their latest campaign (the free entry for season ticket holders against Leverkusen). The guy said they gonna use my comments in a press release or something, which is quite funny :) maybe the matchday program on saturday? Apparently he had asked the ticket office if they knew about a fan he could call, and my name got mentioned since I'm regarded as a hard core supporter :)

Archived