TV money v KO Time  

213 members have voted

1. 1. What are your views on the Leverkusen 6pm KO

• I understand the club's logic and will be going
    • I understand the club's logic but the KO time prevents me from going
    • I'll be taking time off work to attend and don't like this
    • I'm annoyed with the club, the fans shoud come first

Holy smoke will you shut up about this?

Have you actually tried any of the 5 options below? You've had a month to try and sort something out.

Another 18 posts today in working hours ... I'll give your boss a call if you want, and make sure you can get to the game!

tris not everyone has flex and can start early or have holidays when they want .Makes me mad when i read how becuse some jobs allow this that people assume every job allows this.

Lets take this point by point.

I do work. I book holiday for such games and it's no-one's business but mine why I'm booking it. I just say "I want day x on holiday". That's what you have your statutory holiday entitlement for. I have 7 weeks. And I don't have anyone who authorises it. Certainly not a man.

get it thru your thick skull NOT EVERYONE CAN DO THIS AND WHAT THE FRIG A MAN HAS GOT TO DO WITH THIS YOU SEXIST COW I HAVE NO IDEA

stretch limo service?

I hope those complaining have never taken 3 days to aborad in Europe. If so can't you manage 3 hours at home?

Tom Finn stated directly to the Fans Forum "this was too good to turn down"

Not this season as I said getting leave isnt as easy as that and i need to give about 6 months notice and then it goes thru a system to get granted.....will be easier now they sacked me at liverpool tho.

paul you above all people dont honestly believe that and surely you wouldnt advocate a 3am kick off for a pay day for usa or ausie telly???

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Lets take this point by point.

I do work. I book holiday for such games and it's no-one's business but mine why I'm booking it. I just say "I want day x on holiday". That's what you have your statutory holiday entitlement for. I have 7 weeks. And I don't have anyone who authorises it. Certainly not a man.

We've never had a declared sell-out at Ewood since new Ewood was built. The biggest midweek turn-out I could find was just under 30,000 for Celtic, and that was down to them having about 13,000 fans in the ground (officially 8,000 I believe). Leverkusen won't be bringing that following.

When we reduce prices, we get people attending who are willing to pay reduced prices. They don't come when prices go up again. They come on here and whinge about how every game should be £15 and we counter with "in League 2 they would be"

I don't much care about the atmosphere- I go to watch the game. The fewer people singing about Burnley as if it mattered, the better.

However, until the damn game's over I'm sure you'll whine as if you matter. You don't. Shut up. you're on ignore now.

just sums up the woman, if she thinks the Rovers and Dingles rivary doesn't matter. May be once she was a dingle fan and got stick of them and wanted to come and watch a top flight team.

I would love to know were she sat at Ewood, then i could laugh in her face and till her to stop being a stuck up cow

just sums up the woman, if she thinks the Rovers and Dingles rivary doesn't matter. May be once she was a dingle fan and got stick of them and wanted to come and watch a top flight team.

I would love to know were she sat at Ewood, then i could laugh in her face and till her to stop being a stuck up cow

Jack Walker lower.

But you'd whine about the cost to get in there! And I've only ever watched great teams (and Ayr United- my hometown club)

Jack Walker lower.

But you'd whine about the cost to get in there! And I've only ever watched great teams (and Ayr United- my hometown club)

thought u put me on ignore?????

are you one of them supporters with the ear muffs on, to keep out the noise because it's to noisey for you.

I have been in Jack Walker lower stand on several occasions, but much prefer it in the Blackburn end were there is a better amtosphe.

Cant believe this is still going on. And cant believe the amount of crap Abbey is having to "put up" with for not being happy that he cant go to the game. I am 80% positive I cant go, and yes I am going to Germany. I dont have enough holidays to take both and the kick off time was moved after I had booked my Germany days off. The fact I feel have defend myself for that to stop myself from recieving abuse is sad. I understand why Rovers are doing it but I am still unhappy I wont be able to see the game. As I am sure anyone on here would be if they cant go.

I also cant believe how many peoplee on here are reacting to nothing comments to the extreme, like Jan making the point of not having to get authorisation from a man - simply because of the word "he" in a post (I would guess). The point had nothing to do with sexism and she took exception to something completly besides the point and decided to have a rant.

You all sound like 15 year old school kids.

mops i can make it now but its still a naff time.

Abbey I think you should leave it now until at least the game has come and gone.

We all know its a naff kick off time (I won't know until the day whether I can make it) , but the club had no other choice and for 1 game (as that all it is at the moment) some people are not going to be happy, but it could be any game and there would be people who were not happy.

I am with you in highlighting the fact of where does it stop ie advocating a 3am k/o but I think the club would look at it on its merits if a similar situation should arise, probably when they see the affects of what happens in this one.

As already mentioned by us, I think some people maybe taking the 'rush hour' element a bit too lightly and I envisaged other problems kicking in ie overcrowding at the turnstiles and very agitated people possibly because the game will kick off with many a person queing up.

You know the type of response you will get from your wannabe girlfried (as if :lol: ), in fact I'm surprised she hasn't started a poll to suggest we start playing in Green and White.

Abbey I think you should leave it now until at least the game has come and gone.

You know the type of response you will get from your wannabe girlfried (as if :lol: ), in fact I'm surprised she hasn't started a poll to suggest we start playing in Green and White.

I am ...and ive been been banned by the powers that be about talking about her....g/f Id rather take bin laden out for dinner

Those complaining about work committments do have a valid point though because not all of us can take time off just like that. If you get 7 weeks holiday without being told when you can and can't take it then you're lucky. I get far more holiday than that but I have to take it when the local council decide I can and I can't get away on time if the Boss has designated that night as directed time, as he has on this occasion. Currently parents are being co-operative and making appointments to see me early so I might just make kick-off but it'll only take one awkward one who wants to come late and I'll miss the match.

Those complaining about work committments do have a valid point though because not all of us can take time off just like that. If you get 7 weeks holiday without being told when you can and can't take it then you're lucky. I get far more holiday than that but I have to take it when the local council decide I can and I can't get away on time if the Boss has designated that night as directed time, as he has on this occasion. Currently parents are being co-operative and making appointments to see me early so I might just make kick-off but it'll only take one awkward one who wants to come late and I'll miss the match.

Most posters do understand, sadly some people are blinkered and can't see past their own nose. <_<

I don't think it's a case of that, AggyBlue. Most people are probably, through a year, unable to attend at least one match for one reason or another, and whilst sympathising with those who will have difficulty with this particular match, most just get on with it. Midweek evening matches are particularly awkward.

I don't think it's a case of that, AggyBlue. Most people are probably, through a year, unable to attend at least one match for one reason or another, and whilst sympathising with those who will have difficulty with this particular match, most just get on with it. Midweek evening matches are particularly awkward.

I agree.

I was having a go at those that offered totally useless advice. ie book a day off work, use flexi time etc. I'm sure the fans that can't go will have explored every possible avenue to try and make the match. Sadly they'll have to make do by watching a recording.

• 2 weeks later...
if the club have really made this decision to kick off at this stupid time, like you are mentioning, i think they are kicking themselves in the back.

They are preventing die hard Rover fans like me not attending such an important match like this, which to me stinks big time

It appears gazzsim et al that 6.00 pm KO's might be the way forward if the reported ticket sales are anything to go by. You may have to get used to them. :tu:

It appears gazzsim et al that 6.00 pm KO's might be the way forward if the reported ticket sales are anything to go by. You may have to get used to them. :tu:

Now- Play nice Theno!!!

Agree though!

£650k and potentially a bumper crowd. I think that's a win, win situation.

Anyone know if its on C5 like the first leg? (Neverminsd, ITV4 it seems)

Not sure if I'm going or not so I need to make sure I have access to it somehow

Right, it looks like we WILL be going, but I need to clarify something first. Do we need to actually get tickets for the match (They will be free), or will the card work on the turnstiles?

EDIT AGAIN: Turns out we are going, and can just use our cards.

Stuff ITV4, roll on tomorrow, let's just keep all our fingers crossed that we don't pull in a bumper crowd to watch us fall flat on our faces

so your saying we should play all our midweek matches at 6:00, don't be stupid it's going to be a near full house because of the prices not the kick off time and if the the kick off time was 7:45 it would of been full as well.

If the ticket prices were normal, it wouldn't be a full house.

so your saying we should play all our midweek matches at 6:00, don't be stupid it's going to be a near full house because of the prices not the kick off time and if the the kick off time was 7:45 it would of been full as well.

If it was at 7.45pm tickets wouldn't be cheap- John Williams said that was the quid pro quo for the early kick off time.

Hey don't shoot the messenger gaz! You were the one who said that the club were 'kicking' themselves in the back! In reality it appears that the board have had one hell of a good result, it seems we get £650,000 and plenty of people are quite happy with the arrangements. Surely you dont expect them to be able to suit every individual whim do you?

You knew the ticket prices when you made your comments so in effect your criticisms have been proven wrong.

KO times are a contentious issue though aren't they? People whinge about 3.00 pm Saturdays now that licensing laws allow all day opening I dont mind the Sunday 4.00pm Sat 5.15pm starts, in fact personally speaking I prefer both to 3.00pm. I really hate the very early ones though, it screws the entire day up.

btw dont want to be picky but the verb in your post should be 'stabbing' not 'kicking' themselves in the back.

gazsim I don't think you understand. The club was offered a reported £650,000 for this game by German TV in return for moving the KO. I forget the exact details as to how it works but Werder Bremen, as the higher ranking German team, get the prime TV slot of 20.00 in their country. If this game was to be broadcast and Rovers receive a very substantial payment there was no choice but to move the game. Since then ITV have come on board which means more money plus a further 18 countries are taking the game. All of this comes to Rovers.

To earn the same income we have to sell out Ewood at more than £20 a ticket. BTW the average ticket revenue per game is £13, so all the kids would have to be at £20 as well. You need to think about this. The last time we sold out Ewood to home support was May 16th or 17th 1995.......and that was free as well, every other time there have been at least 5-6000 visiting fans. Get real.

The club are no intending to move all games to 6.00pm. Personally I find it bloody awkward to get 12.00 and 4.00 KOs but I don't come on here moaning about it. I'm not that keen on an 8.00pm KO with the prosepect of extra time, penalties and the kids not being in bed till 11.30pm. This is modern football. Can't you give it a rest there is no way on God's earth the club could have turned this down and it's beginning to look as though the decision was fully justified.

Archived