1. 1. What are your views on the Leverkusen 6pm KO

• I understand the club's logic and will be going
    • I understand the club's logic but the KO time prevents me from going
    • I'll be taking time off work to attend and don't like this
    • I'm annoyed with the club, the fans shoud come first

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply
As far as I'm concerned this is the biggest game since VE day!

Be there and get behind the lads.

VE day? I don't remember any football being played on VE day. There were various celebration matches arranged for dates soon after i.e. about 3 or 4 weeks after but that is all. I remember going to one of them at Deepdale. Football League v League of Ireland but it was a few weeks after the war ended.

VE day? I don't remember any football being played on VE day. There were various celebration matches arranged for dates soon after i.e. about 3 or 4 weeks after but that is all. I remember going to one of them at Deepdale. Football League v League of Ireland but it was a few weeks after the war ended.

I think he's referring to 'Victory Ewood' day Fife, when we beat Newcastle 1-0 that pretty much sealed the title :)

If it is going to be a decent turnout tommorow I will state the obvious and say set off as early as you possibly can afford to. Traffic will be chaotic. I often make the short jump from J5 to J4 of the M65 between 5 and 5.30 and it's busy then. I remember for one of the England womens games at Ewood that kicked off a similar time it was horrendous. They were queing about a mile on the motorway just to get off at junction 4.

You have been warned !

Indeed I was! Apologies I should have made it clearer.

I must congratulate you on your knowledge of football from the other VE day though :)

No problem. I was only 10 then, but as you can probably imagine the celebrations at that time went on for weeks and made a huge impression on a young boy who had lived through all the hard times. We all thought it would bring an instant return of the good things that we had before the war. Alas not to be! Many years before anything like normality returned.

I have not a missed a game for ages and to miss such an important match like this because of this stupid and damn right rude kick off is SCANADLOUS

I hope the club get a bloody crap crowd because they deserve it

EUROSPORT and most of the Rovers fans will have to watch it on Eurosport because they won't be able to get to the ground

so your saying we should play all our midweek matches at 6:00, don't be stupid it's going to be a near full house because of the prices not the kick off time and if the the kick off time was 7:45 it would of been full as well.

If the ticket prices were normal, it wouldn't be a full house.

You are the biggest prat on the messageboard. Well done.

I don't know about anyone else but I can't wait for tonight, who'd have thought we'd ever be playing in Europe nevermind in the last 32!

Come on Rovers!

Wish I could go to the pub now.......

christ fife!are you a fossilized crystal?

You are the biggest prat on the messageboard. Well done.

and what intelligent post do u make u prat.

If you don't understand why i am angry because i am missing such a big game then that just sums you up.

I know why the club have done this, but it still frustrates me that i am going to miss the game, so shut up you prat

Hey don't shoot the messenger gaz! You were the one who said that the club were 'kicking' themselves in the back! In reality it appears that the board have had one hell of a good result, it seems we get £650,000 and plenty of people are quite happy with the arrangements. Surely you dont expect them to be able to suit every individual whim do you?

You knew the ticket prices when you made your comments so in effect your criticisms have been proven wrong.

KO times are a contentious issue though aren't they? People whinge about 3.00 pm Saturdays now that licensing laws allow all day opening I dont mind the Sunday 4.00pm Sat 5.15pm starts, in fact personally speaking I prefer both to 3.00pm. I really hate the very early ones though, it screws the entire day up.

btw dont want to be picky but the verb in your post should be 'stabbing' not 'kicking' themselves in the back.

the reason why this game is kicking off at this time is because of the money Rovers are getting from the German channel, so if i was you i won't get your hopes up to much.

not just german tv but itv and worldwide coverage, asian tv ans all that !

work or Rovers ? Rovers

shopping or Rovers ? Rovers

pick wife up or Rovers ? Rovers

pictures or Rovers ? Rovers

walk the dog or Rovers ? Rovers

decorate or Rovers ? Rovers

ALL ROADS LEAD TO EWOOD PARK :rolleyes:

the reason why this game is kicking off at this time is because of the money Rovers are getting from the German channel,

and itv + 18 other countries.

Reports on SSN say we are expecting a decent crowd, our biggest in europe this season.

I'll be setting off in a couple of hours :rover: Come on rovers.

and what intelligent post do u make u prat.

If you don't understand why i am angry because i am missing such a big game then just sums you up.

I know why the club have done this, but it still frustrates me that i am going to miss the game, so shut up you prat

Tris is the biggest prat on this messageboard I agree, then again I don't much care for the Ribblesdale fella either...... <_<

I'm still begging and pleading to get away early or at all. Any update on tonight's gate? If I leave Bury 4.30ish am I going to have a traffic/ticket nightmare?

Are you going oer'tops? Think you should be ok but as me and Abbey initially stated - the rush hour will more than likely cause a fair few snarls.

Probably have a better chance than me as I'll be aiming to leave Manchester just before that heading via the M61/65

Archived