1. 1. What are your views on the Leverkusen 6pm KO

• I understand the club's logic and will be going
    • I understand the club's logic but the KO time prevents me from going
    • I'll be taking time off work to attend and don't like this
    • I'm annoyed with the club, the fans shoud come first

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How would you view it if the £650k was the difference between bringing Bellamy back or not?

Oh please, if anyone thought that was even half close to being the case, do you think anyone would be complaining? We could kick off at 4am in the morning for me if it meant Bellamy coming back! :)

Sadly, given the lack of ambition shown in the transfer market over the last couple of years, it's probably likely to be the difference between Dunn coming back or not. If we're lucky. :rolleyes:

It's right though to say 650k was too good to turn down. Just 2 matches like that covers the income from the 5000 missing fans that Lee was whinging on about the other day for a whole season!

That represents a full house paying £21.50 each, no discount for STs, kids, OAPs etc. It's hard to imagibe Rovers getting close to gate receipts at this level.

Well done Rovers, the right decision. Take the money, give the ST holders an excellent offer to compensate for the dodgy KO time. This is an absolute no brainer, if the club is offered £650k for TV rights it has to be taken - that would nearly cover Bentley's reported current salary for a year.

And rewarding the ST holders is an absolute priority imo after all these cheap ticket offers for the walk-ons.

byw nice idea that poll Paul (? huh? :blink: ) . Battling a huge majority will certainly make opposition difficult and it might serve to shut a few of the more unreasonable opponents to it up.

got a call of Blackburn Rovers today, they wanted my comment on their latest campaign (the free entry for season ticket holders against Leverkusen). The guy said they gonna use my comments in a press release or something

Let's hope they didn't ring our Abbey up ....

Do many of you really think a 6:00 mid week kick off is going to attract a bigger crowd then a 7:45 or 8:00 kick off time get real.

In this instance , taking into account the prices - especially the kids' tickets - I'd say yes . Especially if an adverising blitz aimed at attracting these kids gets underway .

Thursday afternoon booked off work. "Working from home" Friday - ain't broadband wonderful?!

Trains booked - 1246 from Euston returning on Sunday night after the Pompey game - 33 quid return London -> Blackburn -> London. Virgin Trains aren't always a rip off.

In fact, Leverkusen match ticket AND return travel from London to Blackburn will come to 48 quid - which is the same price as an away ticket for Chelsea - my closest Premiership ground.

Needless to say there's no way those smug cheating t0ssers will be seeing 48 quid of my money 3 weeks tonight.

(Come on Wycombe!!! 1-1!)

Out of interest Gord, what ratio (or amount) should ST holders be rewarded to compensate for the walk on offers?

Dunno really but I rem those £10 tickets p1ssed planty of ST holders off a few seasons ago. We certainly don't need a repeat of the above sentiments amongst the already meagre Ewood faithfull do we?

Personally I feel that I've had excellent value for money this season. Plenty of freebies and cheaper games and my total ticket cost means that every Prem match is slightly over £20 per match. Nice gestures no matter how small are nearly always well received though aren't they?

I quite agree, I asked merely as a matter of interest - until you mentioned it I hadnt thought about it. But taking free Saltzberg and Leverkusen and half price for the other two I reckon we've been given £45 compared to about £30 saving on the £15 walk on's.

Which I think is great value, but I hadnt twigged until I thought about it.

Sadly, given the lack of ambition shown in the transfer market over the last couple of years.....

Friggin hell Rev, you're getting more cynical by the day. Some of the higher profile signings in the past 2 years -

Savage, Nelsen, Khizanishvili, Bentley, Bellamy, Kuqi, Ooijer, McCarthy, Roberts, Jeffers and a couple on loan Pongolle, Nonda
A fair few internationals in there. Another couple of weeks and you'll be rivalling Vinjay.

Friggin hell Rev, you're getting more cynical by the day. Some of the higher profile signings in the past 2 years - A fair few internationals in there. Another couple of weeks and you'll be rivalling Vinjay.

Only courtesy of the sales of players such as Ferguson and Bellamy. And the removal of numerous other players off the wage bill

Hughes has done an incredible job of making a silk purse out of a sow's ear. Not only no money spent but 1.5m net in the black on transfer dealings over two seasons, are there any other Premiership managers who have had less to spend over the equivalent period than Hughes?

And rewarding the ST holders is an absolute priority imo after all these cheap ticket offers for the walk-ons.

Just to make sure I understand this. Fans who were planning to go to our biggest European game ever, but now can't because of the clubs actions in raising more money, have no grounds for complaint. Season ticket holders however, who might find that over the course of 9 months some walk-on could see the same games for a few quid less, due to the clubs efforts to increase support and revenue with special offers, are perfectly entitled to moan away and demand free tickets left right and centre?

Or could it be that when you are personally impacted, it's OK to moan, but when you aren't, all the moaners should shut up?

Or perhaps I've misunderstood the two issues? :rolleyes:

Just to make sure I understand this. Fans who were planning to go to our biggest European game ever, but now can't because of the clubs actions in raising more money, have no grounds for complaint. Season ticket holders however, who might find that over the course of 9 months some walk-on could see the same games for a few quid less, due to the clubs efforts to increase support and revenue with special offers, are perfectly entitled to moan away and demand free tickets left right and centre?

Or could it be that when you are personally impacted, it's OK to moan, but when you aren't, all the moaners should shut up?

Obviously you have in this case.

Have another stab at it eit.

1) i am not moaning over the free tickets (i think its great ..im a tight arse)

2)i am moaning about kick off time,its ok people saying your boss will let you finish early or if he wont hes tight...i live in the real world not THE SIMS...i cant finish early just because i want(if your mum had an acident and someone cut the ambulance 999 number at 3.30 and it was reprted to me at 3.00 that the lines were down butr id gone earlyto watch footy and your mum died because of this ..there would be uproar..not all jobs can be left or worked from home..some ned to be covered and then out of hours people take over)its ok saying 6pm is good ..it isnt blackburn and the outlaying m65 areas are a nightmare on normal days..it would be so funny if some of the people on here who are holier than thou got stuck in traffic and missed the first half..how i would laugh ironically.

3)i go to usa watching nfl and post on other boards there but i wouldnt dream of giving people stick over kick off time and whether they think its good or bad...if your abroad and not coming its no concern to you(im not having a pop at not english residents just stating fact)

If anyone is travelling up to this one and wants a bargain get on the Travelodge site.

There sale has started and there are rooms for £15 for a triple room.

I just booked one in Manchester, we'll probably end up catching the train from Manchester as I'm sure it'll be a better night out than Blackburn.

3)i go to usa watching nfl and post on other boards there but i wouldnt dream of giving people stick over kick off time and whether they think its good or bad...if your abroad and not coming its no concern to you(im not having a pop at not english residents just stating fact)

To be fair Abbey, I think ExiledInToronto is sort of backing your stance up, not having a pop

.it would be so funny if some of the people on here who are holier than thou got stuck in traffic and missed the first half..how i would laugh ironically.

I missed the entire first half of the Boxing Day clash with Liverpool abbey. I paid for that too but I never moaned either... but thats just one of life's little brickbats isn't it? ......'the slings and arrows of outrageous fortunes' and all that jazz. It's prob a bummer for you to miss the start but imo in the greater scheme of things it's not really all that big a bummer is it?

I missed the entire first half of the Boxing Day clash with Liverpool abbey. I paid for that too but I never moaned either... but thats just one of life's little brickbats isn't it? ......'the slings and arrows of outrageous fortunes' and all that jazz. It's prob a bummer for you to miss the start but imo in the greater scheme of things it's not really all that big a bummer is it?

As did I. And Everton, and Middlesbrough (Actually got there just before half time for Liverpool and Everton). Life's like that sometimes.

• 2 weeks later...

You've not exactly had six weeks off, Abbey, you've been off for a legitimate reason - i.e. a broken arm. Now I'm sure some of the kind-hearted posters on here would be willing to set the healing process back a bit................. :unsure:

I'm sure a quick-witted bloke like you can come up with some reason that the boss will accept - how about a hospital appointment to check the arm? ;)

ah well my problems been solved ..didnt get the permanent job in scouseland...18 months for jacksh::

i will make the game easy now but i stand by everything i said its a naff kick off time and i see huge rush hour problems and if they dont delay then lots will miss most of the game......

anyone go on the m65,m6 yesterday teatime ??? was miles upon miles of gridlock from brig to standish,chorley and every road in leyland.

Archived