BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] A Picture Of When The Club Shop Was Actually A Club Shop And Not A Sports Shop Run By Ignorant Staff.

I wanted to buy some socks before the game on Sat, was'nt bothered if it was home, away or traing kits socks, but suprisingly there was no socks in store (well, adult sizes anyway). I was told that they never had the training kit socks in stock to start with, and there would be no point in ordering adult home or away sock as there will be a new kit out in 7 or 8 months. Oh, and as usual, very ignorant and half arsed staff :huh:

I wanted to buy some socks before the game on Sat, was'nt bothered if it was home, away or traing kits socks, but suprisingly there was no socks in store (well, adult sizes anyway). I was told that they never had the training kit socks in stock to start with, and there would be no point in ordering adult home or away sock as there will be a new kit out in 7 or 8 months. Oh, and as usual, very ignorant and half arsed staff :huh:

Kingcrip, you were lucky to get the half-arsed staff - I got the not arsed at all staff, who, when I finally pulled Her away from Her rivetting conversation with her colleague about prices at Lidl, looked at me like I had just crapped on the floor.

Still dosent solve the problem of where I can get a mini kit for my car.................... ;)

Even though I have slated the shop latley, on my latest trip I have managed to spend about £250 in there and I had no personal problems with the staff.

I bought - 2 pairs of trainers

A training tshirt

3/4 pants

Some baby stuff

A jumper

A fleece

Buch of stuff that the Mrs threw in.

Now, I still wanted to buy more but as normal its all cheap lonsdale rubbish. I can get this anywhere and when I go into this shop I want to buy ROVERS items. Even the baby stuff I bought was limited to things like A towel and blanket - no baby romper suits with a rovers badge on - how the hell are we meant to build on the future if we cant start em this young - the little chap is likley to toddle off to liverpool/man u and pick up one of theirs - its disgusting.

Can we not start some sort of petition and get an official letter written to John Williams after all its our club and our shop and surly people spending more in there will only help?

Can we not start some sort of petition and get an official letter written to John Williams after all its our club and our shop and surly people spending more in there will only help?

It will get brought up at the next Fans Forum/BRISA meeting, but I imagine that the answer will be something along the lines of "when the club shop had a full range of merchandise, nobody bought anything."

B)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Ste B @ Feb 5 2007, 09:33 ) 487408[/snapback]</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->

It will get brought up at the next Fans Forum/BRISA meeting, but I imagine that the answer will be something along the lines of "when the club shop had a full range of merchandise, nobody bought anything."

Stating the obvious but thats cause the merchandise obviously didn't match the customer base. Soon said but difficult to implement.

I must say that I've only ever bought stuff for the kids there since it first opened as I do not want BRFC emblazoned on mt tie/ watch /credit card etc. A more subtle approach might have suited me but plenty of others want the more garish product. However the stuff in there nowadays is just cheap tat and does not enhance the status and perception of the club to the visitor or casual fan one bit.

I must say that I've only ever bought stuff for the kids there since it first opened as I do not want BRFC emblazoned on mt tie/ watch /credit card etc. A more subtle approach might have suited me but plenty of others want the more garish product. However the stuff in there nowadays is just cheap tat and does not enhance the status and perception of the club to the visitor or casual fan one bit.

To be honest, a good quality polo shirt with the Rovers badge embroydered on it is all I am asking for. The main point in that sentance though is quality. I have bought the lonsdale offerings in the past and within a couple of washers they are in bits. For the perfect example of this, go down to the Rovers shop and dont even go in, instead stand on the ouside of the shop (the side by the street before you even go through the gates) and take a look at the shop dummy. You will see that a tshirt that has only been worn by a shop dummy is peeling (it is felt on the front) - they cant even get the dam shop window right.

Rovers have a long term deal with Sports World that was signed whereby the club got a lump sum plus a percentage of income from the shop sales at Ewood and any Rovers merchandise sold anywhere else. I cannot see this changing in the near future unless Sports World are the one to pull out if indeed they can. The club by signing the deal effectively relinquished any say in what is sold and therefore our only hope is knowing that Sports World are driven by money (as any company should be) writing to them with enough support regarding issues, i.e. a common list of what should be sold:

Scarves,

Mini Kits,

Babywear etc...

Rather than moaning about it, which i'm sure everyone wants to do, do something about it, Sports World wont read this!!

• 4 weeks later...

Had a look round the shop after buying my City ticket yesterday. Even worse than when I've been in previously. Other than kits there was virtually nowt Rovers related apart from grey t-shirts and polo shirts, track suits, rain tops and bed sheets.

Now that the feel good factor is well and truly back with both performances on the pitch and forthcoming season ticket reductions, surely Rovers can do something about merchandising (and cash in at the same time). Even if it were to be sold from kiosks outside the ground (like the Rovers burger bars) it would be a step in the right direction.

In addition to what you can buy now, it wouldn't be too much to ask for the following basics :-

(1) Good quality & good selection of t-shirts and polo shirts with club crest etc.

(2) Sweat shirts as above.

(3) Baseball caps, bob hats & scarves.

(4) Mini kits for the car.

(5) DVD's, books, and a few sundry items like mugs, glasses, tankards etc.

We're on a roll - let's keep it going. :brfc:

There's a house next door to the ground for sale. Be a good place to start up an alternative 'club' shop.

Anybody got some cash............................................................ :unsure: ?

Had a look round the shop after buying my City ticket yesterday. Even worse than when I've been in previously. Other than kits there was virtually nowt Rovers related apart from grey t-shirts and polo shirts, track suits, rain tops and bed sheets.

Now that the feel good factor is well and truly back with both performances on the pitch and forthcoming season ticket reductions, surely Rovers can do something about merchandising (and cash in at the same time). Even if it were to be sold from kiosks outside the ground (like the Rovers burger bars) it would be a step in the right direction.

In addition to what you can buy now, it wouldn't be too much to ask for the following basics :-

(1) Good quality & good selection of t-shirts and polo shirts with club crest etc.

(2) Sweat shirts as above.

(3) Baseball caps, bob hats & scarves.

(4) Mini kits for the car.

(5) DVD's, books, and a few sundry items like mugs, glasses, tankards etc.

We're on a roll - let's keep it going. :brfc:

Embarrassing isn't it when fans have to literally plead with their club to stock the basic club merchandise as listed by CLB above.

You've really excelled yourself with the ticket prices Rovers now all is needed is the cherry on the top......GET RID OF SPORTSWORLD.

P.S.

What happens if we do get to Wembley,does the club lose thousands because 'its not in stock'....FFS! :rolleyes:

I went into the club shop Wednesday night and some spotty teenage worker said to be cant you can’t come in the shop with food and drink. I had a bottle of Coca Cola and it wasn't even open. It’s absolutely pathetic. The clothes in there are of the poorest quality and after one wash probably shrink. It’s about time the club shop return to its glory days.

I went into the club shop Wednesday night and some spotty teenage worker said to be cant you can’t come in the shop with food and drink. I had a bottle of Coca Cola and it wasn't even open. It’s absolutely pathetic. The clothes in there are of the poorest quality and after one wash probably shrink. It’s about time the club shop return to its glory days.

Its better still, that they actually sell it in there....

To be honest, a good quality polo shirt with the Rovers badge embroydered on it is all I am asking for.

I've got one of those, nice blue with the club badge and Blackburn Rovers embroidered on it. Wear it to every game and often get asked where it came from. The club shop.................nearly 13 years ago on my 40th!!!!! :blink:

There's a house next door to the ground for sale. Be a good place to start up an alternative 'club' shop.

Anybody got some cash............................................................ :unsure: ?

I wish I had! A Rovers shop for Rovers fans!

I remember my dad taking me into the old club shop that used to be on the main road to buy me my first scarf (for my first Rovers game). He was so proud, and I thought the shop was fantastic. The shop was decked in blue and white (and a bit of red). Even when the shop moved under the BE stand (where Blues is - what a shop - I felt proud, football pitch for a carpet, goal post where you tried on Trainers etc) you felt as though you were buying Rovers stuff FROM Blackburn Rovers! - PLUS other supporters commented on what a GOOD club shop we had.

I think these are my memories, I'm getting on a bit now.

I wish I had! A Rovers shop for Rovers fans!

I remember my dad taking me into the old club shop that used to be on the main road to buy me my first scarf (for my first Rovers game). He was so proud, and I thought the shop was fantastic. The shop was decked in blue and white (and a bit of red). Even when the shop moved under the BE stand (where Blues is - what a shop - I felt proud, football pitch for a carpet, goal post where you tried on Trainers etc) you felt as though you were buying Rovers stuff FROM Blackburn Rovers! - PLUS other supporters commented on what a GOOD club shop we had.

I think these are my memories, I'm getting on a bit now.

I have some great memories of the old club shop on Bolton Road, I just cant remember them :unsure:

Seriously though - come on Rovers, lets have another club shop to be proud of. There is a good vibe around the place at the minute, and I for one would love to show my colours in the form of a small rovers car kit - in fact anything would do.

Please please BRFC, you are doing so much right for the fans, give us a shop so we can spend some cash!

Club shop? Absolutely bobbins! I last went in there about two weeks ago to buy a scarf as a small leaving present for a pal at work who was moving away from the area. Guess what, they didn't have any! That's like going into a chippy and finding they don't have any chips! Shambles! And the response from the woman behind the counter couldn't have been more indifferent or unapologetic if she'd tried. Very poor. Very poor indeed.

Speaking of disgraces and shambles and suchlike and soforth, where has my avatar gone? Bloody hell, I leave you alone for 5 minutes and Mr Uppity disappears. It's all going to the dogs. Hell, handcarts, etc, etc...

Took my little boy on his first Rovers game when we played Sheff Utd. I promised him we'd look in the club shop(!!??) before the game and get him something. He had his heart set on a Rovers cap so in we trundled to find a total selection of 2 styles of caps, one aimed at women and one that looked like they'd used the entire world's foam reserve in it and would probably only have fit the BFG !!! He came out with an England flag. Nuff Said. Get it sorted Rovers. :angry:

Speaking of disgraces and shambles and suchlike and soforth, where has my avatar gone? Bloody hell, I leave you alone for 5 minutes and Mr Uppity disappears. It's all going to the dogs. Hell, handcarts, etc, etc...

6 months between posts .... have you been spending a lot of time close to Waggy recently?!

:lol:

Archived