BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] F.a. Cup Semi Finals

Yeah, i had to buy a £35 ticket for a junior as there were no £25 tickets left, they are only selling concession priced tickets in the £25 tickets area.

No chance of success I'm affraid. The FA need to squeeze until the pips squeak in order to pay for the vastly overpriced Wembley White Elephant.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sent application form in last week for phase 3 applications but no money taken out of account yet. Has anyone had money go out yet from phase 3 postal applications? Don't want to hassle the TO staff to check but a bit concerned that form got lost somewhere.

I hear there is a campaign growing to get the 35 quid tickets reduced to 16 quid concession prices, both at the requests of Rovers and Chelsea.

It really is a ooor do that there are no further concessions for kids or oaps or even tax dodgers

Of course it is . They try and turn it into a family game - which it should be - and then screw those paying for the big matches . Just creates bad feeling - I dread to think of the Wembley prices should we get there :ph34r:

Similar situation. I sent over a fax last Thursday on the official form with credit card details for 2 X £55 tickets. To date no response from the club and neither has my credit card been charged. If only the club had announced properly that more than 1 ticket for season ticket holders could have been ordered on-line at Stage 1. I could easily apply now on-line but not too keen on paying a total of £228, and possibly receiving 4 tickets. Trying to ring through to confirm today was out of the question. 15 minutes on the telephone to be advised the lines were very busy and to call back later !!

I only hope they have actually recived my fax but it is just a tad frustrating, not actually knowing

Good news. Tickets arrived today,picked them up at Canterbury Street. Block N2405 looks an excellent view.Roll on next week.

Was at the Ewood ticket office on Tuesday afternoon....saw several schoolies in uniform baulk at £35 cheapest tickets (all the £25/£12.50 ones had gone). As well as the FA supposedly trying to maximise their profit from the match, the policy and pricing of concessions makes you think they may also be trying to avoid people buying them and using them to get in who aren't eligible.

Den's earlier guesstimate of a 14000 Rovers following at Old Trafford for the semi has obviously been surpassed but how illogical is it that the less committed fan should be expected to pay more...there's no doubt the armchair or the pub will prove irresistable for many in this category. To be honest, who can blame them at prices of £35/£45/£55? They wouldn't even be able to watch the match alongside their more enthusiastic mates who for previous big games may have encouraged them to attend.

Still, as long as I'm alright, Jack and enough gate receipts are made...

Of course it is . They try and turn it into a family game - which it should be - and then screw those paying for the big matches . Just creates bad feeling - I dread to think of the Wembley prices should we get there :ph34r:

I have a horrible feeling we would be looking at perhaps £70-80 and perhaps even £100 with very limited concessions. I don't understand the policy of limited concessions, especially for a cup semi. If it is to avoid fans purchasing concessions and using instead of full price tickets that is relatively easy to stop. Plus I heard OT has a similar entry system to us a few days ago?

A Utd fan was proudly telling me about the new technology at OT and how he had a new card for his ST. I pulled mine out "You mean one of these? Had them for years at Ewood!" Apparently the OT faithful are not happy. Those who could not or did not attend games sell their ST voucher on e-bay, then post just the voucher to the winning biddser. the new system has stopped that.

Sent application form in last week for phase 3 applications but no money taken out of account yet. Has anyone had money go out yet from phase 3 postal applications? Don't want to hassle the TO staff to check but a bit concerned that form got lost somewhere.

sent mine in week ago for phase 2 and nowt at all from the TO. They are probably waiting until only£55 tickets left. And I don't want £35 as they are garbage seats.

I'd encouraged my sister to go with her husband and 2 kids, both under 7.

I spoke to her yesterday to see if she had got tickets and she hadn't.

When I asked why, she said because it is going to cost her £140 just for the 4 tickets.

It is a disgrace. All tickets should hold a child/OAP price.

It is our cup final and when it comes down to it the FA are making our support look rubbish.

All the usual moans about ticket prices! It's an FA Cup semi-final against the Champions of the country ffs! I know it's an expense but does anyone think it should be otherwise? Devaluing the BRFC tickets is good in many respects but as I forecast it is now devaluing the product!

Wake up call time! Good bad or whatever this is not BRFC and lil ol Ewood Park.... this is the REAL world folks. If kids are looking bemused at the ticket office then GOOD cos it's the best training that they can have for life's harsh realities.

The town and the club too has over the past decade or so developed a nanny state attitude and in the long term it does us as individuals or a society no good whatsoever! We have enjoyed subsidised football so long that we now unbelievably are turning against it! This should be a great lesson for all in the down side of human behaviour.

btw anybody found out how sales are going for the other 3 clubs and whether their fans are disgruntled about being one match from arguably the second greatest day of their lives?

You continually fail to grasp the real world thenodrog. How many tickets are you personally funding for this match? The cheapest and better seats have sold out to ST holders, which is fine by me.

The next cheapest seats available are £35 which would hit an average family buying four for £140 plus. That is an outrageous amount of money for a family to watch ANY football match. Add to that the £35 seats are probably amongst the worst at Old trafford. Ticket prices are related to market forces, the product is over-priced and people will not pay. Rovers haven't devalued the product with their initiatives, they have responded to the market. The FA on the other hand have over-priced the tickets and Blackburn Rovers will get the stick and be tarred as a poorly supported club all over the natrional press.

All the usual moans about ticket prices! It's an FA Cup semi-final against the Champions of the country ffs! I know it's an expense but does anyone think it should be otherwise? Devaluing the BRFC tickets is good in many respects but as I forecast it is now devaluing the product!

Wake up call time! Good bad or whatever this is not BRFC and lil ol Ewood Park.... this is the REAL world folks. If kids are looking bemused at the ticket office then GOOD cos it's the best training that they can have for life's harsh realities.

The town has over the past decade or so developed a nanny state attitude and in the long term it does us as individuals or a society no good whatsoever!

btw anybody found out how sales are going for the other 3 clubs and whether their fans are disgruntled about being one match from arguably the second greatest day of their lives?

Still, as long as I'm alright, Jack and enough gate receipts are made...

Hey Jack, THD's alright too.

Gordon, why do you find it so difficult to comprehend that most people just don't have the same amount of spare cash floating around that you do?

The town and the club too has over the past decade or so developed a nanny state attitude and in the long term it does us as individuals or a society no good whatsoever! We have enjoyed subsidised football so long that we now unbelievably are turning against it! This should be a great lesson for all in the down side of human behaviour.

Phew!! I know the Clogs shut Theno but there is no need to take it out on this message board! ;)

Spoke to a United fan (Lee) the other day, the only got 17,000, being done by lottery.

Personnally i dont think £140 for 4 tickets to an FA Cup Semi Final is not to much to ask to follow your club, especially when its only 30 miles down the road!!

Personnally i dont think £140 for 4 tickets to an FA Cup Semi Final is not to much to ask to follow your club, especially when its only 30 miles down the road!!

What when that is for 2 adults and 2 Child tickets!

Your having a laugh.

Thing is with the Rovers, you will always have the 9000 hard core that will go whatever the price.

Then there are the rest of the season ticket holder who see it as a bit of a trendy thing to do (ie follow a Premiership side).

Were looking at filling 30,000 seats. We used to do this in the past, but not any more.

There is a price that everyone will pay.

Football is going down the drain.

You only need to look at last weeks England performace. Over paid pre-maddonas.

Give me Garner and his smoking/drinking loyalty anyday.

You continually fail to grasp the real world thenodrog. How many tickets are you personally funding for this match? The cheapest and better seats have sold out to ST holders, which is fine by me.

The next cheapest seats available are £35 which would hit an average family buying four for £140 plus. That is an outrageous amount of money for a family to watch ANY football match. Add to that the £35 seats are probably amongst the worst at Old trafford. Ticket prices are related to market forces, the product is over-priced and people will not pay. Rovers haven't devalued the product with their initiatives, they have responded to the market. The FA on the other hand have over-priced the tickets and Blackburn Rovers will get the stick and be tarred as a poorly supported club all over the natrional press.

I could argue that you fail to also. The other end will no doubt be much fuller than ours even though the venue is on our doorstep. How do you propose to explain that? Sure wages are higher darn sarf but the cost of living there is horrendous.

My ticket bill?..... £80 for two. I know that you'll say you have 4 to find to my 2 and that is your decision and fine BUT this semi is on the back of two 3 day trips to Krakow and Leverkeusen which drained the old footy fighting fund somewhat. But if you want something bad enough you'll take steps to grasp it.

We've known for weeks now that we were in the semi's. In the good old days of wages and 40 hour weeks people would do overtime for something like this. I'm making assumptions here but what about those precious kids who cannot afford tickets washing a few neighbours cars or digging gardens up, painting fences or something similar over the Easter Hols? It will stand em in good stead for the future and far better than you continually worrying how you can afford to pay for them all. They might of course already but if they don't it will help them realise the value of things and then it's up to them whether they want to spend their hard earned on 90 mins of BRFC or not. My lad is picking out the pointing of an old wall this easter so that I can point it quickly afterwards, he hates it of course (and prob hates me for making him do it) and I dont blame him really it's hard work and terminally boring BUT he's a member at a golf club, ski's, goes out at weekends, is learning to drive, BRFC ST etc etc etc and has to realise that there is no gain without pain......... or in this case no GAME without pain! :rolleyes:

Fans should be willing to pay a bit more to do a one off thing, ROVERS IN A SEMI FINAL!!! like when you go on holiday etc

We should count ourselves lucky, just think how much Rovers fans have saved this season on home match tickets compared to the average premierleaugue team fan.

As I expected, the excuses and complaints are all coming out now....

Why dont fans use the money they saved buying a new season ticket for next season on a match ticket for the semi?!!!

I do agree that £140 is a little excessive for 2 adults + 2 kids, but this is the SEMI FINAL of the FA CUP! I sometimes think that all these so called Blackburn fans like to make up excuses as to why not to go, last time when we went to Cardiff it was "Im not getting up at 4.30 to get to Cardiff for a 12.15 kick off" This time it's complaining about the ticket prices. Whatever will we have to complain about next??? Maybe some people will complain about missing their Sunday lunch because it's a 4 o'clock kick off. Whatever next.............

I personally have paid £55 and if we get to the final I will be going for the most expensive seats again!

I do agree that £140 is a little excessive for 2 adults + 2 kids, but this is the SEMI FINAL of the FA CUP! I sometimes think that all these so called Blackburn fans like to make up excuses as to why not to go, last time when we went to Cardiff it was "Im not getting up at 4.30 to get to Cardiff for a 12.15 kick off" This time it's complaining about the ticket prices. Whatever will we have to complain about next??? Maybe some people will complain about missing their Sunday lunch because it's a 4 o'clock kick off. Whatever next.............

I personally have paid £55 and if we get to the final I will be going for the most expensive seats again!

True.

I'm talking about my sister who goes to the Rovers every now and then.

I've been trying to get her two young lads interested and they look like they will be getting season tickets for the first time next season.

For those extra fans that would normally bolster our supoport upto the 30,000's it is a bit expensive when there are no reudctions for kids after the £25 seats.

I myself purchases 17 £45 tickets the other day.

Oh great now we get lectures on parenting and how to bring up your kids properly.

I have not complained about the price, I got three at £25 plus a concession, it's a benefit of being an ST holder. I pay for my kids because I want to, one at uni is skint, one being 15 doesn't have any money and the other being 18 and not able to earn money full stop. I have no doubt I shall face a minimum £250 bill for the final plus all the travel costs. I'll pay but I would not be happy about it and would mark it down as yet another example of the money-grabbing idiots that run the FA ripping off the support. I can afford it but that doesn't stop me believing the prices are outrageous and having a deal of sympathy for those who don't have £140 to spare. To expect a family of four to pay £140 is unrealistic, the average person in Blackburn probably doesn't have that money to spare. You and I are more fortunate and to suggest people should put in a few extra hours at mill and lecture them on how to raise their kids is not the answer.

If products are over-priced there are a lot of people who simply refuse to buy them. Simple and very reasonable response from those people.

I've just phoned up Rovers as I sent off an application form weeks ago for phase three but this morning i got sent another application pack.

They told me that they hadn't had my application pack yet but they still had 4 boxes of phases 3 applications to sort through. So it seems plenty of people still want to go.

Oh great now we get lectures on parenting and how to bring up your kids properly.

Indeed. Maybe you need a lecture. You've two kids who are off uni and school respectively for Easter and well able to graft so get em to damn well do some! Tell you what Paul if they come and help my lad for one day I'll feed em and pay for their bloody tickets!

Come to think about it the one at Uni and running on a student loan / subbed by you and your missus should really offer on his own volition to forgoe the match.... but thats up to you isn't it?

Archived