BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] F.a. Cup Semi Finals

When the tickets arrive, does the normal postie bring them and request a signature or is it a courier. Basically, do they come with the morning post?

Mine came yesterday through a different postman. He was interested to know what they were as he had delivered a lot already that morning so plenty of people in Preston/South Ribble have their tickets.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Done a little bit of research for entertainment in or around Manchester over the coming months which may see the good folk of Blackburn going as individuals, or possibly as a family.

WWE tickets @ MEN ... adults £25, £35, £45 - no concessions.

Rod Stewart @ CoM Stadium ... adults £55, £60, £65 - no concessions.

The Producers (tour) @ Palace Theatre ... adults £17.50, £25, £30, £40, £45 - no concessions.

Doctor Who Exhibition (and other things) @ Manchester Science Museum ... adults £7.50 children £5 family (2a+2c) £21

Generally speaking, other than spending an afternoon with the Daleks, Slitheen & Cybermen, a family outing to the FA Cup isn't too out-of-this-world price wise.

MOAN MOAN MOAN..I haven't got my tickets yet !

This is due to

1 The FA and the incompetent fools who run it

2 Old Trafford and the Glazers and the fact that is so far from Ewood

3 Linesman Devine and his optician

4 All those who Haven't bought a semi-final ticket yet

5 Northern Trains and their 2 seater carriages

6 The fact that it's grim up north

7 The media for encouraging Big Clubs to consider Hughsie for manager

8 The Post Office for staggering their load and making sure that everything will be delivered well before the eff in game!

Totally agree Scotty - seems some poeple still don't get the point.

However, don't know if this is what people are meaning but there should have been concessions in each of the price bands.

I am lucky I got a £25 Ticket, as Paul says its the benefit of being S/T holder but I would have been reluctantly paying the £35 if I hadn't and doubt I would have paid the higher ones ( I think people are aware of my opinion and limit on the ticket prices)

This is where I think people don't live in the real world. £35 for a semi final is at least the going rate, probably less. £25 is a massive bargain, you only have to compare to the prices Man U charge and that is for members. Dont forget this is a one off game as well. I agree it's wrong regarding the concessions and obviously everyone has different circumstances but people need to get real.

As for the £35 ones the view is fine and certainly go for them above the ones for £25 in tier three if they ever get released.

When the tickets arrive, does the normal postie bring them and request a signature or is it a courier. Basically, do they come with the morning post?

They will come by the normal post, you will just have to be there to sign for it.

For those who still have not received them, don't worry, I ordered online last Thursday and still haven't received them, but the ticket office have just told me there is no problem I've been allocated my tkts and they are being sent out today.

Don't forget, there is no post tomorrow.

There are some £25.00 tickets in the 3rd Tier of the North Stand, maybe the F.A should allow those to be sold.

they wont go on sale

they are earmarked for chelsea, even though there is a VERY good chance we will have the same amount of support

remember cardiff, there were still thousands of 25,35 tickets left

but they would only let us sell 45 and 55 cos they have to sell out a part of the ground before the rest goes on sale

there ###### arseholes at the FA

It's a point of principle over price, surely concessions should be available right across the pricing range.

People are right to baulk against the feeling of being ripped off regardless of the overall cost.

Anyhow, despite the prices, according to today's LT we've sold over 17,000 so far which seems quite good at this stage.

It's a point of principle over price, surely concessions should be available right across the pricing range.

FC United fans have caused some 'problems' this season with their stance on clubs attempting to rip them off with ticket prices. Those clubs who refused to have concession prices for at the very least children available were boycotted by virtually all of the fans. Once they did it effectively once anyone who attempted it quickly changed their minds with the fear of a boycott and losing the cash cow match.

This is where I think people don't live in the real world. £35 for a semi final is at least the going rate, probably less.

Agree MB hence the reluctantly bit :) - doesn't mean I think its right or VMF - as for the other dearer tickets - thats is what I think should be the bands for the Final or similar anyway.

I WONDER HOW THERE SALES ARE GOING...

a friend of a friend who is a chelsea fan said they sold 25k, but will be lucky to sell anymore

dont know how that works out, so i reckon thats BS

we`ll get ripped to shreds by the press, but they never take into account that the majority of blackburns support isnt pen pushing executives but normal families in a poor area of the country

It's looking good so far and hopefully this weekend will push sales over the 20k mark. Another week should see it rise to say 25k (anything over that a bonus) which would be fairly acceptable given the moaning nature of a large section of our support.

When I was trawling the grounds of Leyton Orient, Halifax, Mansfield, Port Vale, Shrewsbury et al in the early 70's, I would have given my right arm to have been involved in games like this! :brfc:

I think the pricing of the tickets is really badly thought out by the FA. Its not so much that they are expensive its more the differentials between grades of tickets and the lack of concessions that gets me. Why aren't they all the same price with concessions in all areas, £35 would be fair. If that was the case you'd get all the singers behind the goal and then a good spread over the rest. As it is you're going to get loads of kids behind the goal, as thats the only place you can get concessions, so you'll get the old problem with half the people wanting to stand up and the other half not being able to see. Also, remember Cardiff. The most expensive seats aren't sold so we can't sell cheaper ones to people who can't afford £55. When you get there you can sit where you want anyway so there was no point charging mnore in the first place, other than to rip people off. Me and my mates all sat in the most expensive seats derspite paying the lowest price you could. I wouldn't be happy if I had to pay £55 for a ticket for a game when other people have paid £25, its stupid. I reckon there'll be about 50,000 there with a 50/50 aplit between the teams. Can't wait anyway.

chelsea have sold circ 22700 tickets as of 1pm today to season tickets holders and members/regular match ticket holders. They have also got orders for a further 2500 tickets. As has previously been mentioned they would appear to be struggling as well to sell a full 30000 allocation. remember they also still have european games to go to and even if there the rich southern softies they still ahve their bills and hat to pay.

So it seems the pinch is hitting us all

BTW I can afford the tickets but even I baulk at paying over the odds, I feel strongly for the young fans who are priced out of the match as well as the pa and others who gain from concessionary prices. THE FA are SCUM and its particularly annoying that this all comes at a time when we play at the theatre of merchandise.

As for final tickets, SHOULD the improbable/impossible happen the cheapest tickets will retail at around 65 pounds

I would say that £35 is an ok price for a SF ticket - and it's actually cheap for the Chelsea fans!

I think that some Chelsea fans might buy a ticket and not travel just so they have a better chance of getting Wembley tickets IF they win.

Im a junior and an ST holder and i was desperate to get a kids ticket which i got

However i feel desperately sorry for those having to pay full price for this game, its an absolute shambles

Me and my Dad missed out on Cardiff because only £45 tickets were left and we really couldnt afford it and i know how dissappointed i was that i couldnt go

As for final tickets, SHOULD the improbable/impossible happen the cheapest tickets will retail at around 65 pounds

Is that a fact mate?

If it's true, then that really is shocking. No wonder Sky have raped fans for all the money they are worth - I can watch three months of football on telly for the price of one live match.

The sad thing about this is, that to the detriment of our household finances and wedding plans, I would still end up going.

Sent application form in last week for phase 3 applications but no money taken out of account yet. Has anyone had money go out yet from phase 3 postal applications? Don't want to hassle the TO staff to check but a bit concerned that form got lost somewhere.

Decided to phone ticket office this afternoon and check. No queuing at all, the guy said that no tickets had been allocated to me yet but still going through application forms. Also said while I was on the phone why don't I buy them now and he'll put a note on my account to cancel my application form when it comes to it. So I did, no fuss and a helpfull ticket office attendant.

If anyones in the same boat I suggest trying the same.

Archived