BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] F.a. Cup Semi Finals

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I hardly use the Trains so i don't know how to get to Old Trafford. All i know is that from here i get the Manchester Victoria but after that i don't know what i'm doing. Can anyone help please?

Fairly easy Roar - just follow the crowd <_<

Each and every train will be jammed full of Rovers, but in a nutshell turn right on Deansgate and keep going - its a hell of a walk, perhaps 4 miles.

You can get a tram to Salford Quays, and again, follow the crowd

My tickets were safely delivered by the wonderful Royal Mail to a brilliant neighbour on Saturday. Great work by the sterling ticket office. Never doubted you. :)

Block N1401 row DD.

I hardly use the Trains so i don't know how to get to Old Trafford. All i know is that from here i get the Manchester Victoria but after that i don't know what i'm doing. Can anyone help please?

From Victoria, get on the metrolink tram towards Altrincham, get off at Old Trafford. You'll be able to see it from there

I purchased a further 7 x 45 quid tickets this morning and took less than 5 minutes on the phone. The lady stated the phones were steady, the to itself was not tht busy with people not queueing for more than 15 minutes or so.

I asked for a conservative ticket sale estimate and she would only commit herself to "around 23-24000 tickets".

I got my 3 tickets tuther day.... 45 flippin quid each! shocker!! :o

In block N3402

Hoping to get the leg-iron to drop us all off near Old Trafford & pick us up an hour or so after the game ;)

Team I would go for:

--------------Derybshire--------

Pedersen------------------Bentley

------------Dunn-----Tugay

----------------Mokoena

Warnock--Nelsen---Samba---Emerton

-----------------Freidel

We are more than likely going to lose this but with a 451 might hope to frustrate Chelsea a bit. Big problem is that as Derbyhire isn't really one for holding up the ball we might struggle to give ourselves an outlet. However if we play 442 we are going to be murdered in midfield. I wish Roberts had found some form as his power and pace would be very useful in a game like this.

Looking forward to the occasion, but apprehensive about what Chelsea could do to our misfiring team.

Team I would go for:

--------------Derybshire--------

Pedersen------------------Bentley

------------Dunn-----Tugay

----------------Mokoena

Warnock--Nelsen---Samba---Emerton

-----------------Freidel

We are more than likely going to lose this but with a 451 might hope to frustrate Chelsea a bit. Big problem is that as Derbyhire isn't really one for holding up the ball we might struggle to give ourselves an outlet. However if we play 442 we are going to be murdered in midfield. I wish Roberts had found some form as his power and pace would be very useful in a game like this.

Looking forward to the occasion, but apprehensive about what Chelsea could do to our misfiring team.

I'd bring Bentley into centre, put Dunn on the bench. Put Derbyshire on right-wing and put Benni upfront.

McCarthy will play, how can we start without our top scorer?

according to chelsea message boards

they have only sold 16k

I cant see it happening but warra gud do if Chelsea sell far less tickets than us. I know they have a lot on their plate etc but the massed ranks of the FA press and media will be somewhat shamefaced if the supporters of one of their favourite teams fails to recognise the 'importance' of the FA cup semi's.

I asked for a conservative ticket sale estimate and she would only commit herself to "around 23-24000 tickets".

That's excellent if correct,when our average crowd stands at 21,000 its a good do all round.For me any sales now at £45/55 a throw are a pure bonus!

16k Chelsea SAS......GIVE OVER! :o

yeh, hopefully the media would get off our backs

they cant blame it on europe either cos weve had some dear trips.

also they have around 1.5million more "fans" than us in this country

also all the prices bar £55 are cheaper than what they usually pay

all prices are dearer for us bar the £25...

If Chelsea only sell say around 20k of their allocation do you reckon the media will criticise them the way they would us or will it be down to The FA Cup "losing it's glamour"?

well we shall see

but it will hit the FA hard that chelsea wont even buy these expensive tickets

Can't see this mentioned anywhere.

Two extra trains have been added to the service from Blackburn to Manchester next Sunday for Rovers fans. They leave Blackburn at 12.27pm and 1.27pm.

Also extra return trains from Manc to Blackburn at 7.19pm and 8.19pm.

link to LET snippet

Edit - and that article says the game will attract more than 30,000 Rovers fans :tu:

Archived