BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] F.a. Cup Semi Finals

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Im led to believe reports of our ticket sales have been greatly exaggerated.

To be honest I'm also a bit dubious as to the figures that are being banded around on here. Many posters on here have either been making complete guesses, or have asked the ticket office for an approximate number. For the latter, I would be very surprised if the TO could give a running total of sales that was anywhere near accurate, or even whether they would be prepared to give an accurate figure.

They will know that if they start telling people that we have sold 12,000 with only four days to go, then that's hardly going to push someone into buying a ticket (knowing that the stadium could effectively be more than half empty and a worse atmosphere etc). If they tell people we have sold 20,000 plus, then it shows that it's going to be a cracking atmosphere but there are still tickets available for those that want to go.

I personally doubt that we will sell more than 20k for this one - I just don't think we have more than 20k anymore that are willing to fork out if it isn't the final. I hope I'm wrong but we'll see.

Anyway, why are people so obsessed. We're going to find out on Sunday anyway! Expect 10,000 and you never know you may be pleasantly surprised!

To be honest I'm also a bit dubious as to the figures that are being banded around on here. Many posters on here have either been making complete guesses, or have asked the ticket office for an approximate number. For the latter, I would be very surprised if the TO could give a running total of sales that was anywhere near accurate, or even whether they would be prepared to give an accurate figure.

They will know that if they start telling people that we have sold 12,000 with only four days to go, then that's hardly going to push someone into buying a ticket (knowing that the stadium could effectively be more than half empty and a worse atmosphere etc). If they tell people we have sold 20,000 plus, then it shows that it's going to be a cracking atmosphere but there are still tickets available for those that want to go.

I personally doubt that we will sell more than 20k for this one - I just don't think we have more than 20k anymore that are willing to fork out if it isn't the final. I hope I'm wrong but we'll see.

Anyway, why are people so obsessed. We're going to find out on Sunday anyway! Expect 10,000 and you never know you may be pleasantly surprised!

well all the 25 and 35 ones are gone

they seem to amount to around 17k

From the CFC Website:

MillbankBlue

View Member Profile

Find Member's Posts Today, 07:47 Post #127

CFCnet Member

Team: Chelsea

Funny mate I saw the ticket office manager last night & he told me we had sold 21,000 & you 15,000. I spend more in 5 games watching Chelsea at home than your fans do in a season. At least all our fans that are there will be genuine fans not a bunch of a divs on a day out from 1 sxxt hole to another.

Talk about up their own backsides...................

<_<

I bought my ticket on the telephone last Tuesday. Have sill not received it in the post, so I decided to give the TO a call and investigate. It seems that it will be posted out today (8 days later). So I paid £4 for Special Delivery. Why?

I just hope it gets to me on time.

It's not unreasonable to expect they will be posted out no later than the next working day though.

I disagree Rev, I think 8 days is way too long however, but Id prefer that the staff at the TO spent the time dealing with the large backlog of forms and ensuring tickets were allocated, and dealing with ques and people in person than the ridiculously time consuming tasks of recorded/special delivery. That clearly should be done when no one is waiting.

Of course if we arent happy with the manner in which our Ticket Office handles big matches we can always outsource to ticketmaster the way several other clubs do. £4.15 booking charge per ticket PLUS £4 postage from ticketmaster....

Archived