BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] F.a. Cup Semi Finals

Glenn-I have always found the online purchasing system awful. Fragile at best, and rarely had the actual game on I was looking for, including the semi. Steer clear, I am lucky I can call in person at the TO when it suits me though.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Glenn-I have always found the online purchasing system awful. Fragile at best, and rarely had the actual game on I was looking for, including the semi. Steer clear, I am lucky I can call in person at the TO when it suits me though.

Indeed. I've previously vowed never to use it again, however as I had no chance of buying them on the phone the morning after (I was with a customer first thing) and living in Leeds make it a bit tricky to get them in person (previously I've had to take half-days off work) it was the only sensible option.

I've now spoken to the TO and whilst they were as friendly,polite, understanding and apologetic as ever, they were unable to fix it (I was offered seats in another block, if I paid the upgrade, but I made sure I got the £25 because they were the best seats). But then again, as there as no tickets left, I don't expect them to magic two out of thin air.

Still, at least I *HAVE* tickets :)

Did you purchase both tickets on the same form? I purchased three tickets for different season ticket holders on the same form, no problem, all seats togther. If so, I'd have a word with JW, Glenn, as I'm sure he would want it properly sorted. You'd probably, as you say, have to sit elsewhere though. :(

That's hard luck Glenn, I know just how you feel about it. TBH this exactly why I didn't buy online as I had this vision of me and the kids being spread across the whole East Stand

Did you purchase both tickets on the same form? I purchased three tickets for different season ticket holders on the same form, no problem, all seats togther. If so, I'd have a word with JW, Glenn, as I'm sure he would want it properly sorted. You'd probably, as you say, have to sit elsewhere though. :(

Online tickets were limited to one ticket per online account, so ordering multiple ones on the same form wasn't possible (I tried many different ways). It seems the club were relying on people ordering at the same time to get them sat together and obviously I ordered them at the busiest time (hence why I emailed them to make sure).

I know I *could* kick a right fuss and I know enough about how Rovers work to bypass their normal procedures, but I'd rather they just sorted things so that problems like this get fixed for everyone. Besides, my wife isn't some shrinking violet that isn't capable of being left alone (especially if it means getting inferior seats), it's just an annoyance is all (doubley so that it was both predicted and avoidable).

At 12 noon today (I went because my tickets had failed to arrive after 9 days) the Ticket Office said that 22,500 tickets sold to date.

FANTASTIC :brfc:

still waiting....only a credit card bill for me in the post today. Probably arrive a week on Monday!

Glenn - Couldn't it be down to them running out of two seats together in the £25 seats by the time Phase 2 started? The £25 seats were wanted by many season ticket holders hence any non-season ticket holder has to wait their turn. Obviously if you are both season ticket holders then it is just a big mess-up.

Glenn - Couldn't it be down to them running out of two seats together in the £25 seats by the time Phase 2 started? The £25 seats were wanted by many season ticket holders hence any non-season ticket holder has to wait their turn. Obviously if you are both season ticket holders then it is just a big mess-up.

Yep. Both ST holders and they were purchased before the phone lines or TO opened for stage 1 (i.e. probably within the first 20 ordered). As you say "just a big mess-up".

I have my ticket and I'm now ready to go. Only problem is that I have to go up from SW London by National Express coach. It's going to be full of Chelski supporters. Think I may have to wear my rovers shirt under another one. Really looking forward to the game though. At least on the way back I can sit there in the comfort of knowing that we're going to Wembley. (Fingers crossed)

Anyone know which bars are going to be rovers fans?

Tickets go on open sale from Monday to anybody who wants to go-so "first time Rovers fans have the chance to go to the game."

Tom Finn said, "The FA decided to relax the rules on the request of both clubs because they decided there is no risk of Chelsea fans buying in our areas and vice versa." (LT today).

Online tickets were limited to one ticket per online account, so ordering multiple ones on the same form wasn't possible (I tried many different ways). It seems the club were relying on people ordering at the same time to get them sat together and obviously I ordered them at the busiest time (hence why I emailed them to make sure).

Sorry, Glenn I don't understand. I ordered three tickets for three season ticket holders on one online account no problem, round about 12.25am on the first day. Wonder why it wouldn't work for you? I just had to enter each person's own account numer. If you have two season tickets with the same account number then there is obviously a problem with the online booking that needs sorting. (and where's the smiley with the confused face gone :angry: )

Sorry, Glenn I don't understand. I ordered three tickets for three season ticket holders on one online account no problem, round about 12.25am on the first day. Wonder why it wouldn't work for you? I just had to enter each person's own account numer. If you have two season tickets with the same account number then there is obviously a problem with the online booking that needs sorting. (and where's the smiley with the confused face gone :angry: )

Yo're right mum that is how it usually works and should have done for the semi tickets. When I tried to book online I only got an option to purchase one ticket, then had to log in again as one of the kids etc. Trying to get four together online looked very dodgy so i did it on the phone.

Bit of a shame though that you won't be able to sit together. I might yet have to get Miss Roversmum into the disabled area, she is due for an operation on her knee on Friday and given the leg room is reported as tight she may not be able to cope. There's always something, isn't there......

How's everyone feeling about the semi at the moment? I'm not happy this morning (about yesterday's performance) hoping we aren't going to get slaughtered!

Glenn - as a last resort , you could try saying what seats you and Smurf have and possibly trying to swap with somebody on here.

As, roversmum pointed out , just out of interest I went online and the option was there to add other s/t (although my mate got my from the ticket office)... all very strange.

Looking at the playing side of this game and how the hell is Hughes going to raise moral and passion in our side after this dismal run of league form.....can he perform miracles and transform this disinterested lot?

:(

My thoughts on this are we wre in dismal form because of this semi, we have one eye on the game against Chelsea. It's the bloody FA Cup Semi Final, if Hughes has to raise passion in the players for this game then we may as well pack it in.

So why am I surprised when my second ticket arrived this morning and I find I'm sat one row and 14 seats away from my wife.

If it was me I'd be over the moon to sit so far away from my wife.

Glenn - as a last resort , you could try saying what seats you and Smurf have and possibly trying to swap with somebody on here.

As, roversmum pointed out , just out of interest I went online and the option was there to add other s/t (although my mate got my from the ticket office)... all very strange.

Nah. It now looks like the add S/T option wasn't there at midnight (3 people have confirmed this) but was by 8am. I guess I was just too eagar.

Anyway thanks to the kind generosity of somebody on here and the most unbelievable conincidence, it looks like it all sorted. :) :) :)

Archived