BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] F.a. Cup Semi Finals

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
its not an exact price but a guestimate. I think that based on the semi prices thats what we will be paying if we get through

The prices are the same as the last 2 years...

Final prices for both those years were as I posted earlier. I think there will be a slight increase this year - but I'll wager the top ticket price (£90 recent years) wont get to £100.

I'm rather peeved with the TO.

Having bought 5 tickets online on Thurs 29th March @ 0710, I had foolishly expected they'd be in my hands by now, ready to pass on to the relevant parties on Saturday pre-Villa match.

As there was no sign of the tickets today (I even had a neighbour check my house for the Post Office's little card), I rang the TO this afternoon and was told they'd been put in the post today! With it being Easter, there's every chance they won't even try to deliver until Tuesday, and then the local sorting office recommends 48 hours before collection. Unfortunately, I'm working away on the Thursday of that week, so there's a strong possibility I won't have the tickets until Friday morning, which is the last possible chance I have to get them, as I'm in Chorley in the afternoon, and I'd have tp make a 100 mile round trip on the Saturday morning (the day before the actual game!) to collect them!

If I'd have known they'd have sat on the application for a week, I'd have not bothered and bought them pre-Villa game.

Shoddy, Rovers, very shoddy.

The prices are the same as the last 2 years...

Final prices for both those years were as I posted earlier. I think there will be a slight increase this year - but I'll wager the top ticket price (£90 recent years) wont get to £100.

Come again? :unsure:

Where are you struggling?

Semi final prices this season are the same as they have been for the last two years.

So, if 1864's speculation is based on those prices then its likely they will be the same as the final prices last year - £25/£50/£65/£90 - however, I think there will be a slight increase this year - but not so much as to push the top band over £100.

Although I am just speculating.

Having bought 5 tickets online on Thurs 29th March @ 0710, I had foolishly expected they'd be in my hands by now, ready to pass on to the relevant parties on Saturday pre-Villa match.

As there was no sign of the tickets today (I even had a neighbour check my house for the Post Office's little card), I rang the TO this afternoon and was told they'd been put in the post today! With it being Easter, there's every chance they won't even try to deliver until Tuesday, and then the local sorting office recommends 48 hours before collection. Unfortunately, I'm working away on the Thursday of that week, so there's a strong possibility I won't have the tickets until Friday morning, which is the last possible chance I have to get them, as I'm in Chorley in the afternoon, and I'd have tp make a 100 mile round trip on the Saturday morning (the day before the actual game!) to collect them!

If I'd have known they'd have sat on the application for a week, I'd have not bothered and bought them pre-Villa game.

How are they supposed to know your personal diary if you don't tell them?

FFS, the ticket office is under siege, they are doing well to sell tickets in the correct phased sequence, they are probably phasing posting dates to avoid stressing out the local Royal Mail by spreading the (admin intensive) Special Delivery letters over a period rather than dumping them all in at once.

SuperStella has got this right - it's a huge special day in our clubs season, maybe in our clubs history! Why are people seeking out every possible reason to moan about it??????!!!

As for final tickets, SHOULD the improbable/impossible happen the cheapest tickets will retail at around 65 pounds

its not an exact price but a guestimate. I think that based on the semi prices thats what we will be paying if we get through

Could you kindly preface any such assured statement with the words "this is my guess" or "I reckon" - like the rest of the population.

With your stellar studded list of contacts at Chelsea TV and all the freebie police trips you endlessly brag about, some people might actually think you've got a clue.

When clearly you haven't.

It is going to be magnificent at Old Trafford, Chelsea can be beaten and Wembley is a very real possibility now; from my perspective, and not meaning to contradict my posts above, everyone who possibly can should beg/steal/borrow to get a ticket.

I'm really looking forward to a week on Sunday - an FA Cup semifinal has only come around once previously in my lifetime.

In our last, against Arsenal a few years ago, I left the Millennium stadium with 10 minutes to go (missed their last goal) as I HAD to get to a prior engagement in Liverpool (via Blackburn) well before 8:00pm. As I dashed back to my strategic parking spot near the castle, I saw dozens of mums, grans, and nippers from Lancashire waiting outside who, for whatever reason, had foregone a ticket for the match but had come along for the trip to Cardiff; they weren't even watching the game on TV in nearby hostelries...some might call them part-timers but I wouldn't....they were supporting the support!

:brfc:

How are they supposed to know your personal diary if you don't tell them?

FFS, the ticket office is under siege, they are doing well to sell tickets in the correct phased sequence, they are probably phasing posting dates to avoid stressing out the local Royal Mail by spreading the (admin intensive) Special Delivery letters over a period rather than dumping them all in at once.

SuperStella has got this right - it's a huge special day in our clubs season, maybe in our clubs history! Why are people seeking out every possible reason to moan about it??????!!!

Who said I expected them to know my diary, and who said I thought they wouldn't spread sending them out? Climb out of your own backside for once.

The point is there can't have been many applications in earlier than mine, and yet I know applications which went in several days later which have been dispatched before.

I ordered as early as possible because I foolishly thought the tickets would be sent out within a few days. Not over a week later.

Modi, I also booked last thursday online and was told today, they would be posted today.

There is a very good chance you will receive them saturday morning. Trust me I'm a POSTMAN! :o

So now ticket office is under siege with people ringing asking where there tickets are no doubt doubling the call volume - another fine masterstroke.

Never mind the royal mail its supposed to be a business after all, we are paying for a service we are not getting. Special delivery is £4 and supposed to be next day, recorded is 70p plus postage which is what we are getting.

You can moan all you want about us moaning, but I want what I pay for and wont let the great occasion make me apathetic. If anyone misses the game becuase of an administration mistake that can't be rectified becuase of the self inflicted tight timescales are they allowed to moan then?

So now ticket office is under siege with people ringing asking where there tickets are no doubt doubling the call volume - another fine masterstroke.

Never mind the royal mail its supposed to be a business after all, we are paying for a service we are not getting. Special delivery is £4 and supposed to be next day, recorded is 70p plus postage which is what we are getting.

You can moan all you want about us moaning, but I want what I pay for and wont let the great occasion make me apathetic. If anyone misses the game becuase of an administration mistake that can't be rectified becuase of the self inflicted tight timescales are they allowed to moan then?

Record or Special Delivery are also hugely labour intensive to deal with....

So the TO are stuck between a rock and a hard place arent they - do we want them posted out the tickets on the same day they are ordered, or do we want them to deal with the ques in person and on the phones and then posting the tickets out on a staggered basis whilst there isnt ques to deal with?

Yet again it comes down to communicating that out to people.....

...we'll deal with the applicatio but they wont be posted for a week or so - dead easy to put in the pack/the website etc etc etc and they wouldnt be under siege.

If you want to lecture Rovers support on how to raise children I'd appreciate it if you did not make any further attempt to tell me how to raise my children or how to teach them the value of money. Not that it's any business of yours, my 15 year old spent yesterday creosoting the allotment fence - around 200 metres of it. Tom spent the day barrowing rotted garden compost from the bins to the appropriate beds and the lad at uni has spent the whole week labouring on a building site. .....and just for your information I pay his rent and he does not have a student loan of any sort whatsoever so I am not subbing him on that.

Good........ so why get so shirty? What you are really saying in essence is that by your own actions you do agree with my suggestions for kids finding funds for match tickets then! :tu:

Guest fernhurstblue

calm down girls :ph34r: ..... anyway, nipped down this morning to purchase my tickets at the counter and only a hand full of people about. 35 quid and in the quadrant, given the let stated over 17k sold i wonder whether the top tier sold out?

some people are born moaners, its just they all seem to support rovers and a large percentage of them practice their art on here!!!!! :rover:

Guest fernhurstblue
Fern Blue

which quadrant, the one where the away fans are normally seated or the the opposite side ?

I have to purchase another 6 tickets Monday so the info would be helpful.

ta

The new one behind the executive seating - NOT WERE THE AWAY FANS SIT! Hope that helps. :rover:

Archived