BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] F.a. Cup Semi Finals

We know Chelsea haven't been selling well, as both clubs are able to put tickets on open-sale which can't happen if the FA or the police think there's a risk of infiltration. However, I'd assummed this meant Chelsea would be looking at ahifting around 25k as well.

But....

According to Chelsea's on-line ticket selling site, there's two types of tickets on open sale from 0700 10/04. For the FA Cup and the FA Cup family area !!! As the only 'family area' tickets we had were the £25 seats, does this mean Chelsea haven't even sold their allocation of concessions?

Maybe they really have only shifted 16k so far!

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Will trains be running to Old Trafford station all day or do they only start doing so an hour or two before kick off?

There has been another link with this information-I presume on this item re the semi-finals. However, I can't remember who did it - maybe someone else can help. Or try National Rail and let us know!

I wonder how many more we have to sell to unlock the block of £25 tickets in the upper North stand?

By the way here is a link to a message board discussion from a Chelski perspective ... notice how the tone of the discussion changes as it becomes more apparent over time that their ticket sales aren't up to scratch!

Link

I wonder how many more we have to sell to unlock the block of £25 tickets in the upper North stand?

By the way here is a link to a message board discussion from a Chelski perspective ... notice how the tone of the discussion changes as it becomes more apparent over time that their ticket sales aren't up to scratch!

Link

It could be me...... but I couldn't make it!

Link

Corrected.

Having just read all that link the only thing I have to say is, who the hell do they think they are? They have had no travelling for their cup games and now they are moaning that they have to go to OT on a Sunday afternoon. As for the semi being played at Arsenals ground, well bugger off, welcome to the real world of being a football fan and having to travel to games.

Some people talked alot of sense on there but most of them were moaning about the travel and kick off times. I remember travelling over from Spain for the Arsenal Semi final. I arrived in Longridge (from Spain) at 1.30am then set off for Cardiff at 4.30am as it was a lunchtime kick off. Was I bothered, was I hell as like. I was going to see MY TEAM playing in a semi final and I would have moved heaven and earth just to get there. (I nearly did :rolleyes::rolleyes: ) I can't make the semi final this time due to other commitments (my mother and father are going so I should get a full rundown of the game) but if we get through to the final both me and my son will be at Wembley come what may.

Bloody southern softies.

Sorry rant over and Come on You Blues, stuff the Southern Softies.

Can't be bothered to read if anyone has said this isn't the case, but all of the Chelsea fans I know are going and have £55 tickets. Maybe they've sold them out and the £45 ones. (Would theoretically make sense!)

Link

well they are only withholding that block because it could be allocated to chelsea if they need it

which they dont, so WHY are they still locked?

Can't see this mentioned anywhere.

Two extra trains have been added to the service from Blackburn to Manchester next Sunday for Rovers fans. They leave Blackburn at 12.27pm and 1.27pm.

Also extra return trains from Manc to Blackburn at 7.19pm and 8.19pm.

link to LET snippet

Edit - and that article says the game will attract more than 30,000 Rovers fans :tu:

This quote from Virgin Rail has appeared on a Chelsea Chat Room. You will note that a valid ticket does not guarantee travel if trains are full. All the rail companies tend to adopt similar policies/T&C`s. If you are intending to travel to OT by train may be worth checking situation with Northern Rail

http://www.cfcnet.co.uk/forum/index.php?sh...4704&st=100

Thousands of football fans risk being stranded because of the timing of the FA Cup semi-finals. Virgin Trains has warned that supporters with train tickets but without reserved seats may not be able to travel.

Fans wanting to go to the Manchester United v Watford match at Villa Park on Saturday April 14 and Chelsea v Blackburn at Old Trafford the following day have swamped Virgin, which has withdrawn its cheapest advance tickets, claiming it will help manage demand.

Space on the trains will be allocated on a first come first served basis, with passengers being turned away if it is full, even if they have a ticket. Only those with reserved seats are guaranteed a place. Currently no such tickets are available, but Virgin said an unspecified number of first class "value advance" tickets will be made available.

With the United match starting at 5.30pm and Chelsea's game at 4pm, should the games go to extra time, Virgin predict serious problems in getting fans home. "We feel it is our duty to be honest with supporters now," said Charles Belcher, Virgin West Coast's managing director. The FA said that Uefa banned it from staging televised matches between 2.45 and 5.15 pm on Saturdays to protect attendances at other games.

As I lay awake this morning, a good couple of hours before I was due to get up for work…..it suddenly hit me, What the hell am I doing.......….Actually contemplating missing Rovers in an FA Cup semi…. So I’ve sorted out a Basel-Zurich-Manchester flights for Saturday and the return for Monday…now I just need a ticket.

As anyone a spare, or able to get down the ticket office for me. Any sort of help would be appreciated…..if you could please Personal Message me ASAP…cheers

As I lay awake this morning, a good couple of hours before I was due to get up for work…..it suddenly hit me, What the hell am I doing.......….Actually contemplating missing Rovers in an FA Cup semi…. So I’ve sorted out a Basel-Zurich-Manchester flights for Saturday and the return for Monday…now I just need a ticket.

As anyone a spare, or able to get down the ticket office for me. Any sort of help would be appreciated…..if you could please Personal Message me ASAP…cheers

You've a PM

Anybody arranging where everyone is likely to be drinking? I fancy an early start at noonish :)

Noon? - you lightweight!!

Unless you mean Saturday noonish :blink:

We are leaving B'burn at half one and getting the mini bus to drop us off at the ground to svour the atmosphere. Then into Manc after for celebrations..........................

Last train home (or first train monday morning)

Well, thats the plan.

Archived