BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Pre-occupation With "how Many Tickets Have We Sold"

Guest fernhurstblue

Was talking to a Man Utd fan on holiday and he made a great point regarding our lack of support and just how lucky we are.

He was saying that we have a wonderful manager and a cracking team for the size of the club. We also have been more successful over the past 10-15yrs than teams that get regular 30/40 and 50k gates so why can't the people of the town come out in bigger numbers to support the club for a semi final?

I didn't have an answer because for an FA Cup semi final you should shift 30k tickets. It’s a load of cr@p about money, on a weekly basis that’s certainly an issue but for a one off cup semi final we should sell 30k. What’s happened to all the day trippers that usually come out for such big games? Worthington cup final? Full members cup final?

Anyway we'll enjoy the day and my son will have been to his first FA Cup semi final aged just 8yrs, many of us were not so lucky at that age.

Controversial as ever!..................however I agree!

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Was talking to a Man Utd fan on holiday and he made a great point regarding our lack of support and just how lucky we are.

He was saying that we have a wonderful manager and a cracking team for the size of the club. We also have been more successful over the past 10-15yrs than teams that get regular 30/40 and 50k gates so why can't the people of the town come out in bigger numbers to support the club for a semi final?

I didn't have an answer because for an FA Cup semi final you should shift 30k tickets. It’s a load of cr@p about money, on a weekly basis that’s certainly an issue but for a one off cup semi final we should sell 30k. What’s happened to all the day trippers that usually come out for such big games? Worthington cup final? Full members cup final?

Anyway we'll enjoy the day and my son will have been to his first FA Cup semi final aged just 8yrs, many of us were not so lucky at that age.

The fact we have been successful is a hinderance rather than a help. Had this been our first and only semi-final since 1993 then we would have shifted 30k. However as it will be our 5th semi-final this decade the novelty has worn off. It has now become 'only a semi-final' to the casual fan for which £45 or £55 is offputting.

The fact we have been successful is a hinderance rather than a help. Had this been our first and only semi-final since 1993 then we would have shifted 30k. However as it will be our 5th semi-final this decade the novelty has worn off. It has now become 'only a semi-final' to the casual fan for which £45 or £55 is offputting.

Sad to say that this is true. Plus all the semi-finals now are live on the box which is turning lots of football 'fans' into armchair followers. You can't argue with the fact that it is a lot less pain to sit in the local or in front of your own TV as well as a damn sight cheaper.

But .... for those choosing that route, should we get to Wembley the allocation will still be less than the tickets sold for Old Trafford and I actually hope the club only sells tickets to fans who went to the semi.

Better following than at Cardiff but it is a lot nearer, I hope a few fans change their mind and make the journey tomorrow and get tickets on the day. They're on sale until midday.

Anyway, I'm going to enjoy the day.

Gav. don't talk complete and utter bollux.

How big is the population of Blackburn compared to the so called clubs you cite who still get 30/40/50k gates.?

Price for this game is also an issue as once the 25 and 35 quid tickets went anyone wanting to take two or three kids was looking at an extortionate bill.

Interesting also that Chelsea with an 8m catchment area in London have probably sold less tickets than us.

Stop flagellating yourself about what you wrongly perceive as our lack of support and enjoy the day tomorrow. :):rover::tu:

Interesting that the gate was 50K and the two clubs had shifted 45K out of their 60K tickets.

That means the FA only shifted about 5K out of 10.6K tickets for the sponsors and cronies!

I wonder if the empty seats at Villa were the FA's as well?

Interesting that the gate was 50K and the two clubs had shifted 45K out of their 60K tickets.

That means the FA only shifted about 5K out of 10.6K tickets for the sponsors and cronies!

I wonder if the empty seats at Villa were the FA's as well?

According to official site we sold 24,000 !!!

Archived