BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Pre-occupation With "how Many Tickets Have We Sold"

Guest fernhurstblue

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
"According to latest figures Rovers have sold more than 22,000 tickets." (LT today).

they still have £25 tickets left

i bought a few the other day and they arrived yesterday

my mates are hoping the stewards will move them into our end...

its about time the Fa wised up to this. If the only tickets that are left are the £45 pound ones a family of 5 would have to pay the best part of £250 for tickets alone. Thats a BBE season ticket for next season.....

People would probably accept it for a one off final but thats the problem, this is just the semi, if we get through this we can look forward to even higher prices as Wembley.

Well i thought i would post this as it apperead on bbc sport this morning:

FA defiant amid poor ticket sales:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/fa_cup/6551233.stm

Blackburn's failure to sell their allocation of 30,900 is all the more surprising given that Old Trafford is only a 37-mile trip for their fans.

Well I don't think it surprises anyone who knows what they're talking about.

Preston Blue gets a mention! BBC and Times now Mike-can I have your autograph?

Mike failed to mention, or the BBC failed to quote him on the key point, that it's not the prices per se but the fact that concessionary tickets aren't available over the entire pricing range. The quote which was actually used taken in isolation gives the impression that Blackburn fans are such a lot of impoverished tightwads that we even object to paying 25 quid per ticket which I am sure is not the case at all.

Really, why the hell should you pay full price for taking your two children along?

Interesting but predictable that we're the only team in that article to get any specific criticism. Even though Watford failed to sell a much smaller allocation for Villa Park.

Similarly the debate on Talksport last night centred around on how terrible it was that those poor little Chelsea fans had to travel oop north to OT for a second successive season, especially on a Sunday. "4p.m. kick off, transport bad on a Sunday, They've got work the next day etc" When we sold 16000 tickets for a noon kick off in Cardiff I don't remember any similar sympathy only criticism.

Plonker Adrian Durham said they had to hold it at OT as if it was held anywhere else no Blackburn fans at all would bother attending. Ian Wright (who surprisingly is a very good pundit normally) let himself down by basically saying everyone in Blackburn was either poverty stricken and/or unemployed and couldn't afford the tickets. He said we need to think about doing something to cut prices! Yeah right Ian, we hadn't thought of that one.

I`m sure the game at Old Trafford would`ve sold out (for both sets of fans) if ticket prices were £25 across the board.

I know several people who would`ve gone but refused to pay for the more expensive tickets. My mate almost choked when i rang him from the ticket office saying they only had £45 & £55 left. It took some time to persuade him to get one.....& his wife said she wasn`t prepared to pay that amount & backed out.

I thought that about the quotes Revidge, shame it didn't mention that we had sold all our £25 & £35 tickets.

Showed a United fan the article in times and he laughed at how they had reported it. Blackburn had only sold 22,500, Chelsea only had less than 8,000 left. Basically we've sold the same so why can't they say that.

But I do think it's only the press that like to have a dig at us. It's got to the point now when all fans up and down the country first and foremost believe the FA is a joke, the cost of attending games is too expensive, and good on fans who are taking a stand against paying ridiculous prices.

£35 across the board with concessions would have been acceptable.

Showed a United fan the article in times and he laughed at how they had reported it. Blackburn had only sold 22,500, Chelsea only had less than 8,000 left. Basically we've sold the same so why can't they say that.

Indeed. It reads somewhat differently to something like:

"Blackburn have sold an allocation exceeding their average match day attendance at Ewood Park whereas a whopping 50% of Chelsea's normal support have declined the opportunity to watch their team in semi final action"

Doesn't it?

:rolleyes:

The football authorities must take the blame for this.They are getting off scott free, but they are the people in charge of marketting a product - a product that isn't as much in demand as they would like people to think.

This quote from a FSF representative is closer to the truth than I've heard as yet:-

"The reduced appeal of the Cup may also have created difficulties, Malcolm Clarke, the Football Supporters’ Federation chairman, said. “It’s a comment on the level of attractiveness of the Cup,” he said. “I think that for a team like Blackburn, years ago to get to a Cup semi-final would have been exciting, but I think many Blackburn fans do not think they’ve got a chance of winning. There is a huge gulf between the top teams and the rest."

Until something is done about the gulf between the top four and the rest, in the broader picture, things will only go down hill. That's what they need to do, look at the broader picture. They can't see that though, can they!

I think we are probably the last none "big" team to win any honours in England. After we won the Worthy cup, just about every honour has been won by Scum, Chelsea Arsenal or Liverpool.

Just out of inetrest, how many tickets have we sold?

Just been announced on national radio (talk sport)that there are

16,000 tickets left for Sunday.

Only people to blame for this fiasco is the FA. BBC report although only 37miles rovers will not sell 8,000 tickets. Which are probably priced at £45 and £55 NO BLOODY WONDER!!!! How much for a final ticket when we get there? £80+!!!!!!! Anyway I am coming all the way from Oxford to cheer the boyz to wembley!

I emailed the Observer pointing out the lack of concession last week, so I hope they pick that up this weekend.

It's good to see the quote from BRISA in the Times and on the BBC site. It's only be aggressively and repeatedly making these points that we'll make any headway on changing the way in which the club and its supporters are portrayed in the press.

Archived