BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Pre-match And Half-time Entertainment

In another thread it's fairly clear that most fans are not keen on the idea of cheerleaders. Co-incidentally the Fans' Forum will be discussing pre-match and half-time entertainment with the club next Monday night (30th April) and would welcome fans' views on what you would like to see both before the match and at half-time and also any other ideas you might have for improving the atmosphere at matches. All contributions gratefully received so that we can take a cross-section of opinions to the meeting. Now's the chance for your suggestion......

For me it's got to be bare knuckled cockfighting.

No doubt the PC brigade will be up in arms at that prospect so I'd personally like to see the return of the penalty shoot out. Just winch some home and away fans out of the crowd and off you go.

If not penalties how's about something similar to that on SoccerAM - that Wembley thing? It would be cheap enough to do, instead of having a sign that says "Wembley" with a hole in the middle we could have a satanic whippet designed and made (just to reinforce northern sterotypes and keep the southern press happy) you'd have to get the ball in the whippets mouth - every time you score the whippet salivates to give the impression it's rabid.

Anything would be better than the mooted cheerleaders idea.

Here's a novel idea - what about SILENCE?

Let the crowd create their own atmosphere.

At recent home games those two options have amounted to the same thing.

Half-time entertainment? How about pensioners fighting? Or Stars in their Eyes - 'Mickey Gray IS.. that bloke out of Dollar' etc.. Anything except endless renditions of No Nay Never sung by the Worzels, or whoever it is they pipe out ad nauseum as the teams run out & go back in.

Is that celebrity dwarfs being thrown or celebrities throwing dwarfs that your suggesting?

Probably both.

One week a celebrity could throw a dwarf. The next week a member of the crowd could throw a celebrity dwarf.

It's the Silly Season again. A chap asks a serious question and gets a lot of dopey answers.......

Personally I don't particularly want entertainment at half time. The big screen stuff will do for me, plus the excitement of fighting my way through the concourse to the Ladies and the heady moment of the half time draw.

That African Children's Choir that was on a while back were good though.

The last piece of HT entertainment I really enjoyed was after Tugay's volleyed goal from MGP's corner. Rovers went out into the community and created a short video of kids trying to replicate the goal. I thought this was excellent in some many different ways, a celebration of the goal, community involvement, kids on the big screen etc. Would love to see more of this highly creative thinking. Strangely I always enjoy the video advertising the corporate side - it's quite evocative and emotional.

As for on-pitch stuff, I'm not very interested, can't see and can't hear most of the time. As Jan says HT is for tea, chatting and the loo.

It's the Silly Season again. A chap asks a serious question and gets a lot of dopey answers.......

Don't worry - I was expecting some joke answers! In amongst the bizarre it seems that people either don't want anything at half time or want something along the lines of the old penalty competitions, which would be my choice.

Archived